• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ptgvacations eBay purchase

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
i won an eBay auction 6 weeks ago. Seller was ptgvacations. Paid via credit card. Ratings on bbb look fine. It was a Worldmark account, and the paperwork all looked correct. But I emailed the seller last week and got no response. Then I saw they are no longer on eBay. I found the email address of the current owner to check if they knew about the sale. They didn’t reply. Time to contact my credit card company. Very bummed about it.

Anyone else have any experience with ptgvacations?

The fact that they are no longer on eBay is telling.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
i won an eBay auction 6 weeks ago. Seller was ptgvacations. Paid via credit card. Ratings on bbb look fine. It was a Worldmark account, and the paperwork all looked correct. But I emailed the seller last week and got no response. Then I saw they are no longer on eBay. I found the email address of the current owner to check if they knew about the sale. They didn’t reply. Time to contact my credit card company. Very bummed about it.

Well this doesn't sound good at all. Definitely try to reverse the charge or dispute the transaction.

Some of the Timeshare sellers on eBay are sketchy at best, while others are very ethical and legitimate.

I hope you are able to recover your funds.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Did the seller have any feedback as a seller on ebay? That's a much better indication of reliability than BBB rating.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Feedback on eBay can be easily manipulated. One infamous scammer from Tennessee has 100% positive feedback on eBay. When I bought from them, paid, and then found out it was a scam, I left negative feedback on eBay, but that feedback was promptly removed. The scammer opened a bogus Unpaid Item claim with eBay against me, and eBay immediately removed my negative feedback. eBay was not interested in hearing anything about this fraudulent seller and was not interested in seeing my proof of payment, and in addition eBay hit my account with an unpaid item strike.

You can never trust eBay feedback.

chemteach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Feedback on eBay can be easily manipulated. One infamous scammer from Tennessee has 100% positive feedback on eBay. When I bought from them, paid, and then found out it was a scam, I left negative feedback on eBay, but that feedback was promptly removed. The scammer opened a bogus Unpaid Item claim with eBay against me, and eBay immediately removed my negative feedback. eBay was not interested in hearing anything about this fraudulent seller and was not interested in seeing my proof of payment, and in addition eBay hit my account with an unpaid item strike.

The seller had some good feedback, but not many sales. Now they are no longer on ebay. I filed a claim with my credit card. The company used Heartland Transfer as the transfer company, which has good BBB ratings. Hoping this will get figured out through the credit card company. I've been lucky so far with scammers as long as I paid with a credit card. Time will tell...

rayreavis

Reaction score
I hope it turns out okay. I've had good experience with eBay protecting me from scammers. It was only once or twice and neither were timeshares but it was pretty easy to deal with, though not instant.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stay away from ebay user id: ptgvacations aka principaltransfergroup.com aka Principal Transfer Group; I believe the owner is Robert McPherson. Either highly incompetent or fraudulent. Gave me the run around for 6 months on a timeshare I won on eBay for a few grand. Luckily my credit card refunded me after I filed a dispute. I've done over 50 resale transactions (buy and sell) with various people and companies and this was the first to not work out. I guess I was due for a bad apple.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

So you paid and they still hit your account with an unpaid item? How does that work? Hopefully it wasn’t for a lot of money. I’m wary of purchasing on eBay. Although I I did purchase on eBay in the fall and it worked out fine, luckily it was a private seller though. I’m always confused by these sellers who post listings for 20 different resorts and the postings are listed on the same day. Does that sounds fishy?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
So you paid and they still hit your account with an unpaid item? How does that work? Hopefully it wasn’t for a lot of money.

Yes, and eBay doesn't care. That scammer is still on eBay:

And when I click "Report item", eBay does not let me report it.

eBay is actively protecting the scammers.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Yes, and eBay doesn't care. That scammer is still on eBay:

And when I click "Report item", eBay does not let me report it.

eBay is actively protecting the scammers.
That’s the seller of the listing you purchased? That’s a hefty price to be out of. Aye, so hard to tell but they have only one listing. They manipulate their names and it’s so frustrating.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
That’s the seller of the listing you purchased? That’s a hefty price to be out of. Aye, so hard to tell but they have only one listing. They manipulate their names and it’s so frustrating.

That's the same scammer, but different listing, currently live on eBay.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
That's the same scammer, but different listing, currently live on eBay.
Unreal! As if it’s not bad enough the timeshare game can be scammers direct from resorts we got to worry about eBay listings lol.