• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Proud new owner at Westin Kierland Villas

MarkAndLeah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas
Well, it only took 3 months to for it all to go through, from making an offer on a resale to getting the account information in Starwood's system updated :( , but I am proud to say that I am now an owner at Westin Kierland Villas (1 bedroom platinum premium, 81K Star Options).

I want to give a HUGE thank you to everyone on TUG, because I came to this site only after I had bought direct from Starwood, while on vacation at Westin Mission Hills. While there, they sold us on buying something with 81K Star Options, and told us that it didn't matter where we buy (wrong) so long as we got 81K StarOptions. So, we paid around 16K for an every other year at Sheraton Vistana Villages, and then I had second thoughts, so I came here. Well... I learned I should immediately rescind and take my time researching, which I did. After a few months of searching, I found what I needed and made an offer which was accepted. Today I called Startwood and was given my account info, so I am now in their system.

So..... now I join all you other TUGers:whoopie: Can't wait to start using my timeshare.

Thanks again all of you!!!!!!

Mark

Bill4728

Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase!

If you don't mind, who much was the 1bd (81K staroptions) Westin Kierland Villas?

MarkAndLeah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas
I don’t remember how I originally found it, but when I knew what I wanted, I followed every path I could (there was NOT a lot of inventory out there, for 1 bedroom premium platinum with 81K SO) except for ridiculous listings looking for 18-22K, which is way overpriced). One of the paths I followed took me to Stroman Realty, which I heard was terrible to sell through, but that you got good deals as a buyer. So I offered (what I thought at the time was a pretty low price, expecting to get a counter offer, but it was accepted) $12,000.

I also negotiated to get 2007 included, but I paid just half the maintenance fees (sharing them with the previous owner). I figure if I get a bad week, I can always sell it and more then make up for half of the maintenance fees.

I asked the owner to book me something, but he didn’t do what I asked him to do, so I am left with booking 2007 now, with probably pretty limted inventory.

Working with Stroman was a very slow process, and I had to repeat things several times. They are not great, but I felt I got a very good deal, seeing what others suggested I pay and what was out there. Do you agree?

I used Timeshare Transfer to close the deal for me. I have NO experience working with other timeshare transfer companies, so I don’t know what to compare it to. While I think they were slow (but I don’t know how to define slow, with no experience), they were very professional and usually replied to my emails within a day. I worked with Mary Anne and was very happy with her. I think it cost me $250 to use them.

Hope that answers some questions you all may have had. Feel free to ask other questions or let me know your thoughts (i.e. if I got a good deal).

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase!

You might want to try and find a week as soon as you can, I was looking to use up my 2007 options (I had approx. 40,000 options left and I couldn't find anything that I liked). There was nothing in the continental US available. I guess alot of people wait to the last minute and then try to use their weeks at the end of the year.

MarkAndLeah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas
Thanks for that tip. I will call them later today for sure.