• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Problems making VISTANA reservations - official thread]

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I called to register a complaint Saturday morning. They blew it off with a standard email sorry you didn't get your regretted week - please keep trying. I have followed up and continue to pursue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't call - send a message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blondietink

Reaction score
So, this thread is confusing right now. Originally was about availability at Lagunamar which seems to have been resolved, but now has changed to issues at Harborside?

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, this thread is confusing right now. Originally was about availability at Lagunamar which seems to have been resolved, but now has changed to issues at Harborside?

Lagunamar booking issue still hasn't been resolved for me. Tried calling and sent them an online message about issue and both responses were standard BS.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry for hijacking the thread. I did not want to start another thread if the issue was common.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Perhaps creating a main thread about VSE/VSN reservations issues, etc? We had one for WKORV also - combine these both into a main booking thread.
Happy New Year!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Perhaps creating a main thread about VSE/VSN reservations issues, etc? We had one for WKORV also - combine these both into a main booking thread.
Happy New Year!

Great idea - will work on it when I get back to computer

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
While I did not get the exact week I wanted, I was able to get a small 1 BR at Harborside last night. Both 1 BR units were available last night. 2 and 3 BR were not. In fact, the large 1 BR is still available now if you want to welcome the New Year at Atlantis.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tried booking week 52 in 2017 for Lagunamar right at midnight (EST) and no availability what so ever. Same issues as trying to book prior week. Something is definitely not right and fishy.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
This whole thread is making me sad :(. I don't want a repeat of my horrific February Presidents' Week booking experience from last year (coming up next month), but it sounds like it will be exactly the same! Ugh :mad:. Sound like folks are getting online at midnight EST with no luck.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
So... based on WKORV reservation experience last Jan to Feb (as linked above) , I was concerned with reservation issues next winter season, but turns out that the sky may not be falling after all.

I had reservation confirmed in <30 seconds after 9pm for Jan.6 2018 (OFD studio) - that was quick!

Last edited:

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very good news that the OFD are showing available! There is an issue with OFC, none being populated at all. Was an issue end of last summer as well. I sent an email alerting VSE that this is a continuing issue for certain view categories, not populating at the year mark. Must be a glitch in the system which I hope they can correct timely. Won't hold my breath!

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very good news that the OFD are showing available! There is an issue with OFC, none being populated at all. Was an issue end of last summer as well. I sent an email alerting VSE that this is a continuing issue for certain view categories, not populating at the year mark. Must be a glitch in the system which I hope they can correct timely. Won't hold my breath!

You must have gotten their attention, because now the OFC are populating for 1/6/18. Thanks, Mauiwmn!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
You must have gotten their attention, because now the OFC are populating for 1/6/18. Thanks, Mauiwmn!

That sucks - glad it worked out eventually, but not timely...
Of course, probably OFD will now be a problem. ;)

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score

Excellent! I checked and every size and multiple units for OFC are now available for 1/6/18. I had checked throughout the day after trying last night and nothing popped up until this evening. Hopefully, they are back in the system for every week in 2018. We shall see. I was testing it out after last year's issues.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone received a confirmation from Vistana today or yesterday? They don't seem to be able to email confirmations right now - maybe the confirmation machine is broken.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received a confirmation from Vistana today or yesterday? They don't seem to be able to email confirmations right now - maybe the confirmation machine is broken.

Hi Denise,
They must have fixed the problem. I tested it and requested a confirmation, which I then received immediately. Hope you received the one that you requested by now.

Denise P

Reaction score
I was unable to book home resort reservation online on Friday. It took half an hour on the phone to resolve. They said it was because something had gone wrong with an online cancellation. Still can't book anything at all with the remaining to parts of my 3 bedroom lockoff. I've complained online and I'm waiting for a response.

drpayne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update on Harborside - a bunch on inventory just opened including Christmas and New Years weeks that was not available at midnight when the 12 month window opened.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Reservations is so screwed up: Some phone Reps. are insisting that they CANNOT take a guest's contact info for the reservation, and some are insisting that they MUST have the guest's contact info., and still no announcement from Vistana about what in the heck they are doing. REALLY disorganized.

*The same Rep. also recommended requesting the Guest Confirmation online - something that you haven't been able to do for 6 weeks!

Last edited:

maph

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Owner Services last week to place a request to link reservations for two consecutive weeks so that I wouldn't have to move units. After waiting on hold for about 15 minutes (from Hawaii), the person I got told me that she couldn't help me with the request because she hadn't been trained to deal with Elite Owners! She transferred me to the Elite Owner Services line, where I ended up waiting another 15 minutes. Strange days indeed.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update on calling Vistana Owner services:

•Long hold times on the phone lines continue - as much as an hour, and not just during peak times.

•For some reason, Owner Services is having trouble emailing confirmations out - often takes a 2nd phone call.

•I'm also getting reports of lots of sloppy errors - like typos on confirmations.

I'm wondering if they are replacing experienced Starwood Staff with new people, and/or reducing staff.

I'm not just whining - I'm posting this here because I know management reads this forum.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I'm wondering if they are replacing experienced Starwood Staff with new people, and/or reducing staff.
Perhaps they are merging call centers or cross training between them now that they are all part of ILG?