• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Problem with Redweek full service rental listing

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Hello,
I have decided to use Redweek to rent out my 2018 Ko Olina weeks. First time I've used their full service.

Redweek confirmed my reservations, yet in their listing they placed for me, it states:
Parking & Transportation: On-site parking, fee: 37.70 USD daily Valet parking, fee: 37.70 USD daily Outdoor parking lot and attached parking garage with height clearance of 6 foot 10 inches

Anyone who rents their Marriott out knows that the renter does not have to pay the parking fee.

I wrote to Redweek and told them this and asked them to remove the fee from my listing, because it makes my listing look $264 higher than anyone else's.

They wrote back that because the fee is listed on the confirmation (I hate that Marriott does this) they put it in the listing.

Any thoughts? I plan on taking it up as high as I need to on the food chain.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Just wrote again to Redweek:

Redweek is acting as my agent to create this listing. You are not listing it the way I would like, nor the way all of the private listings on Redweek are done. They way this stands, my listing incorrectly implies a $263.90 parking fee.

Please add this wording to the listing following the parking fees that states:

“The owner of this unit states:
While parking fees are listed on every Marriott Ko Olina reservation confirmation, owners and guests listed on the reservation do not pay for self-parking. When you rent this unit, your name will be added as a guest to the reservation. If Valet parking is used by the owner or a guest, Marriott will charge for Valet parking.”

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Well that is not impressive that Redweek is adding a fee to your listing that doesn't apply to you or your guests. I hope you get this straightened out.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Well that is not impressive that Redweek is adding a fee to your listing that doesn't apply to you or your guests. I hope you get this straightened out.
I'm sure Redweek will take the side of "Marriott lists the fee. Take it up with them."
I have never understood why Marriott lists that parking fee. They clearly imply that everyone (even owners) will pay it.

But Redweek is acting as my agent, and I expect them to do what I want them to do.
In fact, I don't want them to put ANYTHING in my listing other than what they verified:
Unit is in my name, on the week I am advertising, and it is the view I am claiming.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would ask Redweek for the refund of the full-service, and just list it "normally", with the appropriate wording. They are not serving you at all.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

Ask them to call and confirm the fee is not applicable. Having to pay for them to do nothing other than copy from the confirmation -even incorrect information is ridiculous.

I considered a verified listing for my Harborside premium unit but they refused to put in that it can sleep 5 with the roll out bed because the confirmation only list the unit as a sleeps 4.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Why do you want to use their full-service? Is this your first rental?

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Why do you want to use their full-service? Is this your first rental?
Because I don't have the time anymore to deal with holding the hands of newbie renters and walking people through the process. It's a pure time proposition, and I'm valuing my time as more than the cost of using Redweek. I've done all the numbers and I know how much it will cost me. Worth it (to me). I know there are many around here who find it easy peesy, and it was to me, too. Simply don't have the time anymore.

What's not worth it the mess they are making for me.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Update: Redweek added my wording verbatim before the parking fee paragraph:

“The owner of this unit states:
While parking fees are listed on every Marriott Ko Olina reservation confirmation, owners and guests listed on the reservation do not pay for self-parking. When you rent this unit, your name will be added as a guest to the reservation. If Valet parking is used by the owner or a guest, Marriott will charge for Valet parking.”

Better than nothing...
Strangely in their response to me, they said "The Full Service Rental postings are not listings."
Whatever that means. When I was working with them back and forth, I kept referring to my "posting" as a "listing". Tomato-tomato...

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because I don't have the time anymore to deal with holding the hands of newbie renters and walking people through the process. It's a pure time proposition, and I'm valuing my time as more than the cost of using Redweek. I've done all the numbers and I know how much it will cost me. Worth it (to me). I know there are many around here who find it easy peesy, and it was to me, too. Simply don't have the time anymore.

What's not worth it the mess they are making for me.

Have you ever inquired on a full service listing? I have numerous times and not once was a single question answered by this so called "full service". All the service does is relay any "newbie" questions to the owner. I don't know if it really saves any time. You still have to respond to every inquiry. I guess for an inquiry that is willing to pay the asking price with no other questions it would process without input from the owner but if that's all it did would you really pay for it?

In time the full service will get more experienced and at some point the "pay with cc with full protection" will kill other listings but until then, no thanks. It will get there someday but currently the service is near worthless.

mla

TUG Member
Reaction score
> They wrote back that because the fee is listed on the confirmation (I hate that Marriott does this) they put it in the listing.

Yes, and that's our problem. We've had the policy that we record what the resort tells us.

The main reason being, that many owners don't know. Our most common case is an owner claiming an "ocean view" when in fact the resort will not guarantee an ocean view for non-owners. So then the owner gets angry at us, which I understand, since all the non-verified postings are claiming ocean view is guaranteed when it's not, and then they're at a disadvantage.

But we need to make exceptions. If this is really the case and parking is always included (even for guests), then we need to omit that fee. I'll bring it up at our next meeting.

Last edited:

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
I have to side with Redweek on this.

To an extent

Let me explain. Technically Redweek is also working for the renter too. You both have to be members in order to make this transaction. Much like a real estate agent who is working for the seller and also finds the buyer they owe a certain amount of due diligence to both parties. If the paperwork from Marriott lists the fee then they owe it to the renter to pass that info along. Imagine if it did really apply and they didn’t list it. I’m pretty sure the renter would hold them liable.

I think the compromise they made with you of adding your extra paragraph is a reasonable short term solution however as a professional TS rental agency who will likely do a lot of business with Marriott owners I think they owe it to their clients to confirm this parking fee or lack there of with Marriott so the statement can be ignored in future with clients who potentially could be listing for years to come.

Just my $0.02

mla

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the paperwork from Marriott lists the fee then they owe it to the renter to pass that info along. Imagine if it did really apply and they didn’t list it. I’m pretty sure the renter would hold them liable.

Yes, exactly. And in that case we'd eat the cost. We have had to do that before due to errors in our verification process. I think the worst was we verified that a rental was "all-inclusive" when it wasn't. That was an expensive error.

Since so many owners are convinced of things that aren't true, we've just held the line that they need to get the resort to confirm these things.

But I have no problem with exceptions as long as we're really sure about it and everyone is signed off on it. I just don't want one-off decisions based on hearsay.