• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Prepping for Ko'olina Presentation

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We are visiting Ko'olina for the first time on a promo package and could use advice on the following:

1) Any tips for the presentation? We are seasoned HGVC and Vistana (WKORVN) owners who have been to several presentations (but never MVC), will only buy resale so can easily say "no."

2) After you say "no" to buying, do they offer some sort of trial package for another vacation? If so, what is it? and is it worth it?

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I went to the sales center last year before I bought resale to see the resort. They did not offer me anything at all - not even an incentive for a presentation. I asked if I could see the units and they had a sales rep take us upstairs and show us the 2 bedroom. She answered our questions, they stamped our parking pass and we left. They did not attempt to sell us anything but they were courteous enough to show us the unit. I was waiting for some pressure or an attempt to sell and we were unpleasantly surprised when they didn't even try. We were definitely fresh meat but they must not have been hungry that day.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
After the presentation, they will likely offer you an Encore presentation. You'll pay anywhere from $99 - $1299 for this package. It's usually a 4 or 5 night package and you have to take another presentation. The Encore fee can be applied to a developer purchase.

Here's a link to a thread from last year.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/marriott-encore-packages-offered.250837/
They have a 6-night package as well. I can't remember the price, but it's only for a return to Ko Olina. We used it in conjunction with a week exchange so we ended up with 13 nights.
The 4/5 night packages include other locations in addition to Ko Olina.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
The last time we did a presentation was at Ko Olina. We already owned a couple of weeks there (purchased after June 2010) and we made it clear we were only interested in enrolling our weeks. They sold us an Encore package with the promise we could enroll our weeks. We were crystal clear with them that we had post-2010 weeks at Ko Olina, and that we wanted to enroll those weeks. They agreed "it was not something they normally did, but..." Sounded too good to be true, and it was. While staying there I called several times for reassurance we could enroll our weeks, and I got a different story each time. I spent hours on TUG asking about it - all during our vacation. Turned out it was BS, and I cancelled the Encore. Our formerly very friendly associate turned pretty rude when we rescinded the Encore offer. Cost us zero dollars, but several hours of vacation time. We got a $100 certificate to Roy's.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks all. Would not mind picking up an MOC or Kaua promo package.

How likely is it to get a 2 bdrm during summer on a package?

Last edited:

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Apologies for the glare, but here's a picture with list of locations, pricing, and blackout dates.

Attachments

• 20180418_125128.jpg
    20180418_125128.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 228

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Thanks all. Would not mind picking up an MOC or Kaua promoi package.

How likely is it to get a 2 bdrm during summer on a package?

If you are referring to Encore package, it will only be for a return the Ko Olina I believe.
Among the things we disliked was that our return package was only for a 1BR; if we wanted a 2BR we'd have to pay extra when we booked it (and only if they had it).

Way back in 2008 before we first visited Ko Olina, my wife called them after seeing the room models in a magazine. They offered her over the phone a preview package for $695 that included 5 nights in a studio and a car rental. This was in April, during spring break. We fell in love with the place and almost purchased a week for $55K. Fortunately, I had discovered TUG a couple of weeks before and went in with a steel resolve. They almost broke us, but we won. And I still remember the sales guy. His name was Steven and he is a dead ringer for TUG member Steven Ting.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
If you are referring to Encore package, it will only be for a return the Ko Olina I believe.
Among the things we disliked was that our return package was only for a 1BR; if we wanted a 2BR we'd have to pay extra when we booked it (and only if they had it).

Way back in 2008 before we first visited Ko Olina, my wife called them after seeing the room models in a magazine. They offered her over the phone a preview package for $695 that included 5 nights in a studio and a car rental. This was in April, during spring break. We fell in love with the place and almost purchased a week for $55K. Fortunately, I had discovered TUG a couple of weeks before and went in with a steel resolve. They almost broke us, but we won. And I still remember the sales guy. His name was Steven and he is a dead ringer for TUG member Steven Ting.
You can get the Encore package for a studio, 1BR, or 2BR. You can also upgrade anytime prior to booking. We initially took the 1BR and upgraded to the 2BR when we reserved an April date.

You can do an Encore at a different resort. The pic I included in my previous post shows the locations.