• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Potential fraud concern

brumbielynch

Reaction score
Has anyone else been approached by a Chris Penman supposedly representing simply4rentals.co/ ?

He contacted me to supposedly rent a timeshare (at a rate higher than I had advertised) for a third party he was representing and then became quite insistent that I pay to advertise my timeshare on his site as well....oh yeah, and the supposed guest for the original rental never paid.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Never heard of him, but the tactics are classic scammer. Why would anyone agree to rent your timeshare for more than you're asking? If they were legit, they'd pay the rate you asked, and consider themselves lucky.

Stay away.

Dave

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Has anyone else been approached by a Chris Penman supposedly representing simply4rentals.co/ ?

He contacted me to supposedly rent a timeshare (at a rate higher than I had advertised) for a third party he was representing and then became quite insistent that I pay to advertise my timeshare on his site as well....oh yeah, and the supposed guest for the original rental never paid.

Sounds like an advertising listing company whose sole purpose is a big upfront fee to “advertise” on the website. Lies about renters is common. Doubtful anything would rent or sell because of a website that is hard to find and navigate.

i tried finding the website and came up blank with your listed simply4rentals.com and also trying the individual Chris Penman. Do you have a correct website or name?

You state the renter never paid. Did you end up paying them money?

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I wouldn't let these guys rent my timeshare because they are delinquent on their taxes.

https://wyobiz.wy.gov/business/Fili...152033210230246123066168182109185203054118011

Tel:307-922-0899

Address: 30n Gould St. Sheridan, Wyoming. 82801

Licensed in the State of Wyoming, Simply Rentals LLC.

License Number: 201/ 8008/ 1625/

Their website looks ok but many do. Check out the testimonials, lol. Other than delinquent taxes they seem ok but delinquent taxes are a reason to pass for me.

http://simplyrentals.co/Testimonials/

Bill

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an advertising listing company whose sole purpose is a big upfront fee to “advertise” on the website. Lies about renters is common. Doubtful anything would rent or sell because of a website that is hard to find and navigate.

i tried finding the website and came up blank with your listed simply4rentals.com and also trying the individual Chris Penman. Do you have a correct website or name?

You state the renter never paid. Did you end up paying them money?

This may very well be the answer.

http://simplyrentals.co/

Take a closer look and you'll find.

"I'd like to personally thank Chris Penman for his service and support regarding the rental of my property unit at Westgate Blue Tree Resort in Orlando, FL."

Of course if you follow the trail of simplyrentals.co, it takes you to:

https://wyobiz.wy.gov/Business/Fili...152033210230246123066168182109185203054118011

Not in the best standing I would say.

Status
Inactive - Administratively Dissolved (Tax)

Standing - Tax
Delinquent

Inactive Date
10/09/2019

Registered Agent:
Registered Agents Inc.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA

Registered Agents Inc., is just your basic "all under one roof" registered agent entity designated by a company to receive official communications on behalf of the business. Many people use these just for licensing as states require a resident agent be named. They are not part of the company.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Thanks for finding the website. At best, this is a bunch of incompetent operators. At worst, criminals out to steal money. Given the fact that this website was created only one year ago, that their legal entity is no longer valid, that they are tax delinquent, and that one of the “testimonials” say that they have rented their timeshare out through this company for the last three years (again, website is only one year old), I think the answer is fairly evident.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Looked at the Simply Rentals website a little closer. They have a testimonial supposedly from a pastor. There is an identical testimonial with Timeshares by Owner except the employee being praised is a different name and the pastor’s name is different.

Run away from this scammer.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Put your hands in your pockets, protect your wallet, don't pay them a nickel, block their calls, and hit the delete button.

RX8 has hit the nail on the head!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
if they are contacting you thru the marketplace, please forward me the email address and ill block it.

Dissappointed

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Unlisted
He approached me under a different last name and offered to rent my place for somebody else...
I SENT YOU AN EMAIL WITH HIS INFO SO THAT YOU CAN BLOCK HIM...

I researched him and found the following

DE78BDEE-3161-40AB-9D8C-4BA780B0F998.png

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I wouldn't let these guys rent my timeshare because they are delinquent on their taxes.

https://wyobiz.wy.gov/business/Fili...152033210230246123066168182109185203054118011

Their website looks ok but many do. Check out the testimonials, lol. Other than delinquent taxes they seem ok but delinquent taxes are a reason to pass for me.

Bill

This scammer should be put in jail. He claims in business for 9 years but the website was created October 2018. He also claims to have a Florida office but his business isn’t registered to do business on Florida. The biggest lies though are his testimonials. This criminal took the testimonials from another website, moved the verbiage around a little, and added new names.

Simply Rentals -
Timeshare By Owner -

musictom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Over the years, I've had plenty of people coming to me with either renters or buyers. In each case, they've wanted an upfront fee.

And, in each case, my response is simple: "I make it a policy to never pay upfront: however, upon completion of your proposed transaction, I will pay you double your stated fee. This fee will only be paid after funds have successfully cleared my bank". (I realize that even in that case, there are options wherein the buyer can still get his money back, but I digress...)

I have yet to receive a response back from any of these sheisters. :)

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
And, in each case, my response is simple: "I make it a policy to never pay upfront: however, upon completion of your proposed transaction, I will pay you double your stated fee. This fee will only be paid after funds have successfully cleared my bank". (I realize that even in that case, there are options wherein the buyer can still get his money back, but I digress...)

I have yet to receive a response back from any of these sheisters.

That's good that they haven't responded to you. Sometimes their comeback is (especially for Mexican TSs) something like, "We have the sale/rental in place but in order to finalize the sale, the Mexican Government requires that you, the seller, pay such-and-such a fee."