TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Post-Vacation Letdown

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by DaveNW, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    Stop waiting and worrying and just keep enjoying. It does drop at times but then I pick it up when I can and don’t look back.

Because the shoe dropped this year I missed two consecutive weeks at Main 84 Kenneport, Maine in the penthouse and two consecutive weeks at Chetoa in Blowing Rock, NC., my two favorite places. Life happens. I was in Key West and Marco Island for over a month this year and look forward to my fall timeshare weeks.

silentg, mpumilia and jme like this.
  2. Tacoma

Tacoma TUG Member

My countdown to retirement is 14 more work days. Pulled the plug one year ahead of what I was thinking. Unfortunately (fortunately) husband has to work for a few more years.

Joan

jackio, jimf41, silentg and 3 others like this.
  3. mpumilia

mpumilia TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook

Congratulations! My husband, too, is pulling the plug 4 months ahead of schedule at the end of this year. Actually- he was even going to wait another year after that so I could have health insurance, but he can't do it and I don't blame him. As circumstances have it, it is working out for him to retire sooner. In fact- I wish he was retired right now!

As for me- I was forced out of work in Sept. when I had 3 more years planned, but I am glad to be done.

Enjoy your retirement! Maybe your husband will be able to cut his work years short also!

silentg likes this.
  4. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Orange Lake, Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes, The Pines At Aspen East, Oyster Bay
    Thanks for the encouraging reply, I’m an optimist, so I’ll worry about that shoe after it drops.
    Safe travels!
    Silentg

mpumilia and Panina like this.
  5. SandyPGravel

SandyPGravel Guest

I hear ya. I will be here 31 years in August...Not too many still around from when I started. Not sure where I am on the seniority list anymore. Lots have left in the last couple of years because of the changes made around here.

If I go to 67 (OMG I hope I don't have to) I have 5964 calendar days to go...:( DH is around 1000. That's gonna be hard to be around. That's what I get for marrying an old duffer:p.

mpumilia and slip like this.
  6. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark
    If I do actually retire on schedule, at the end of 2019, I’ll have worked 47.5 years in IT. I’m amazed at all I’ve learned, (and forgotten I knew), but mostly about how fast the time has flown. It’s been one heck of a run. But I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. :D

Dave

mpumilia, silentg, Panina and 2 others like this.
  7. MOXJO7282

MOXJO7282 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Don't worry about what you want to do when you grow up. Now is the time to live like a kid for the rest of the way.

8. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    You can be anything you want. That is the luxury of retirement.

mpumilia, DaveNW and silentg like this.
  9. Glynda

Glynda TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
    Brewster Green (two weeks).
    We're nearing the end of two weeks on Cape Cod. I really miss my adjustable bed! My back hurts with this one.

Panina and mpumilia like this.
  10. Glynda

Glynda TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Yes. With responsibilities we've had at home, I feel that the best years for our travels would have been the years from 2012 until 2017. Now knee and shoulder problems might prohibit the kind of travel we want to do. For example, Europe for 3 months at a time where there are villages built on hills and cliffs with lots of steps and upstairs rooms. Traveling by train. Just lots of inconveniences that would not have been so five years ago and worry that they will only be worse as the years pass.

silentg, Panina and mpumilia like this.
  11. geist1223

geist1223 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark 89,000
    Seaside Oregon Residence Club
    Diamond Resorts Intermnational Hawaiian Collection 50,000
    Royal Solaris San Jose del Cavo
    Patti's Mom was an Educator in Oregon - Teacher and Administrator - covered by the State Retirement System. She always told Patti retire as early as possible. So we did.

silentg likes this.
  12. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    Maybe you can’t do the travel you planned and wanted to do but there are so many places you can go with your knee and shoulder problems, you might end up liking more.

Glynda, Lydlady and silentg like this.
  13. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    I just got an adjustable bed. You don’t know what you are missing until you get one. Wheras I use to wake up every 2 hours, now I sleep through 6-7 hours.

mpumilia and silentg like this.
  14. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

DaveNW, look at the bright side you have completed 96% of the days needed for your retirement. You are on the minus days countdown T - 187 Days and counting.:wave: for retirement.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  15. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark

16. mpumilia

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    I can't even imagine sleeping through that long. I can't sleep at all.

17. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    Neither could I. I was always exhausted. It didn’t happen right away. Each night a little more. I kept adjusting the positions. Now any bed can be adjustable. I purchased at Mattress Firm and they sell bases alone too.

silentg and mpumilia like this.
  18. jackio

jackio Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Sand Pebbles, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, Quarter House
    Maryann, I was called to grand jury duty last year (I live in NYS also). Pretty much everyone got picked, but if someone was able to show that they had a vacation reservation made prior to the call date, they were allowed to get off.
    I had not booked anything that winter, and I had to serve 4 full weeks. The upside is that I can't be called for another 8 years.

mpumilia likes this.
  19. mpumilia

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    Thanks.

With our timeshares I guess I could print out the dates we always have each year from the owners websites. I don't have actual confirmations, but we never exchange.

He could also show the airline tickets for the Sept. vacation.

It also said that if you get off this time you have to be recalled in 6 months. But in 6 months we could be moving. Not sure what happens with that situation. So that is why my husband didn't try to get out of it in the first place.
    What a pain....

jackio likes this.
  20. mpumilia

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    We will have to check into this when we move because we need a new mattress but are holding off until we move

Panina likes this.
  21. geist1223

geist1223 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark 89,000
    Seaside Oregon Residence Club
    Diamond Resorts Intermnational Hawaiian Collection 50,000
    Royal Solaris San Jose del Cavo
    Soon you will be a Double Digit Midget.

DaveNW likes this.
  22. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Orange Lake, Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes, The Pines At Aspen East, Oyster Bay
    We got an adjustable bed last year from a friend who didn’t like it. It came with the house she bought.
    We found a guy with a truck that went and got the bed brought it to our house and set it up for us. It was brand new and it’s been great. Are the bases expensive to buy? We might put one in one of the spare bedrooms for when we have guests.
    Silentg

mpumilia likes this.
  23. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    For a guest room I feel they are expensive. If you go mattress firms website you can see prices. Sometimes you can do better. I actually got one that also vibrates, has a night light and area to plug you phone in as it was on sale for half price as it was just introduced and was hundreds cheap then the simplest model I was going to get. I personally do not like the vibration so I don’t use it.

mpumilia and silentg like this.
  24. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    Once, not enuff prospective jurors showed up for a grand jury in a small county.
    The judge told the bailiff to round up more people in the hallways.

In Florida, you're entitled to be excused if you're 70 or older.
    Now that I've retired and collecting SS, that's my next marker.

mpumilia, jackio and silentg like this.
  25. Glynda

Glynda TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    It has saved my life as far as ridding me of back and sciatica problems! I can really tell the difference when I sleep in a regular bed. Glad you found sleep through one too.

Panina likes this.