• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Possible new issues..... Recheck your current reservations and your points...

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seven different reports from owners who are noticing strange things from the last few days...

Three show phantom reservations.. These are reservations that were not made by the Club Owner and in two cases were not able to be found by the resort front desk (the third owner didn't check with the resort directly). All show as if they were booked months ago. The issue is that these phantom reservations could appear to "overlap" with a real reservation- and thus trigger the automatic cancellation penalty and point grab.

Four owner are reporting that various amounts of points are now missing from their available total. The amounts range from about 30,000 up to 158,000. When calling into owner services (after the second long wait to reach owner care), the owners are told it will take about three weeks for someone to initiate a point audit.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is insane... and missing points and cancelled reservations only BENEFITS one party .... Wyndham Vacation Resorts.

We have been living with "Garbage IN and Garbage Out" for weeks now ... and another 3 weeks for a simple audit? Really? What will the "issue" be then? No points in our accounts but 8 more months of MFs til year end?

Wasn't some world and all things on it, made in only 7 days?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The more I hear about all the problems happening due to the defected piece of crap of a website Wyndham shoved down our throats the more I believe, due to the numbers of us being damaged by Wyndham, the more likely is we have grounds for a class action lawsuit. We personally may not receive much if any, but the courts will send a message to Wyndham when they have to pay millions of dollars in attorney fees. It would be cheaper for Wyndham to expiate a fix to the website, but I believe they'll take their chances.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
all good here - no issues.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I just took some more screen shots to have documentation in case anything disappears from my account.

We were one of the accounts that didn't get access to the new website until Friday afternoon right before the start of the holiday weekend. Our account has had various problems and continues to have them. For instance sometimes I can borrow points and sometimes not. All in the same day! And it doesn't even happen every day just some days. I don't have an IT background but I would have to guess that it is really hard to fix something like that.

Today is the 5th day of waiting for a reservation to be cancelled and the points returned. When I called the first time they told me 72 hours. Today I was told that IT has backlog of things to fix and they don't know when but I will get my points back. I'm okay with that.

I refuse to let myself get stressed out and I'm feeling very grateful that we don't have any reservations we really, really need to get right now. It makes it easier for me to have a "this too shall pass" attitude. On the first day we had access to our account and I experienced the aggravation of trying to look for stays I indulged in some really bad language and vented to my husband about what a POS the new system is. Then I settled down to learn how to use it. I've gotten as good as anyone can get and can only say if misery loves company then I've got lots of company!

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also have had an issue where one of my reservations just "disappeared"... I didn't cancel it, but it was there in my account one day, and gone the next. And this was in an account that I can't make any reservation modifications to, so I couldn't have cancelled it even if I'd wanted to (which I did not, as it was a 3BR oceanfront in summer at Myrtle Beach). Hmmm.

njbelf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
DVC - Saratoga Springs
My single reservation is still good...