• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pooling points

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
It becomes more complicated with my points imbalance, but I'm hoping it will become fairly routine as you state. I get 115,500 in even years and 423,500 in odd years, so the year that will really tell the tale for me is 2019 and how many points I end up depositing into 2020. With the credit pool extended over three years it really smoothed out that big points allocation for years I didn't use most of those points for ARP in the odd year. I agree that it should be fairly seamless for people that have the same number of points every year.

I dont see why things should be more difficult or more complicated for you, For example in early 2019 you could deposit 154000 points into 2020 to give you 269500 points to use in both years, 2019 and 2020

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
i have assumed these two benefits dont conflict. in our example if I have 300000 points expiring in 2018, (100000 of which were deposited from past years) I can use 200000 of them for ARP reservations and deposit 100000 into 2019; or i can use 100000 for ARP reservations and deposit 200000 into 2019; or any combination of ARP and Standard reservation and deposits with the limit of 200000 points ARP and a limit of 200000 points deposited

Heres an extreme example (assume a 200000 point annual allocation) In 2017 I deposit all my 2017 points into 2019; and in 2018 I deposit all my 2018 points into 2019
so I will have 600000 points that expire in 2019. I can use up to 200000 points in ARP reservations, and I can deposit 200000 into future years, but I will have to use 200000 points in standard reservations or I will lose them
I've not worked off assumptions. I've used the words directly from Wyndham that clearly say points have benefits. If you use all of your regular annual use year points for ARP (a benefit only available with current use year points), your deposited points will be sitting in limbo as deposited points do not retain benefits such as using them for a deposit to RCI or for a redeposit. In your extreme example, the 200000 that you assume you can deposit won't be there to deposit when you get ready to make that deposit. I'm erring on the conservative side as the words from Wyndham have a stronger ring that your interpretation based on assumptions. We will find out early in 2018 what actually will happen as people start trying to deposit those 2018 points that they do not plan on using in 2018. I HOPE THAT YOUR ASSUMPTION IS CORRECT as I'd hate for anyone to lose any points. l have my 2018 plans in place and I have a few points left that I currently plan on depositing on/about 6/30/18. I've been careful to use the more conservative view of this feature by being sure that I made standard window reservations which used in excess of the number of points I deposited in 2018. We can agree to disagree on what is going to happen. And, until 2018 rolls around, I'm not sure we will know if my stronger view of the feature, based on words from Wyndham, is correct or if your more liberal assumption is correct. I'd advise people to err on the conservative side until we know exactly what will happen. I'd never advise others to assume a liberal view on this as I'd feel very guilty finding out that my guidance may have cost someone a point.

Now regarding you having a part in us losing the Pool feature by 'stripping' contracts, I appreciate your honesty and I respect the fact that you used the system effectively to your personal advantage. Everyone needs to take advantage of loopholes. Lord knows I do. That said, I do resent you for pushing Wyndham toward a feature that is extremely restrictive from one that allowed us normal lower point vacationers the option of smoothing out our points use over a period of years.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was buying wyndham contracts, I would routinely use three years of points in my first year of ownership. I didn’t do many rentals myself. Rather I would wholesale them to points managers at $6/1000. So a million point ownership would generate $18000 in my first year of ownership. $5000 would cover my purchase price, $3000, mf and there would be $10000 for me

And in following years I would get the use of one years of points for one year of mf, ie break even

What I was doing was no secret. I posted my advice on how to use the credit pool more than once here on tug

To keep making money I kept buying

As long as I continued paying mf (and I did) and as long as there was a demand from the points managers, I didn’t have a problem and neither did wyndham

I wasn’t the only guy doing this and I became worried that the day was coming when the points managers couldn’t keep up with the points we were handing them

So I tried to find a buyer. And I did. As it turned out I got pretty much what I paid. So another $5000 per million points

And still, wyndham didn’t have a problem as long as the new owners paid their Mf. More to the point, wyndham didn’t even know what was going on

Until they suspended all those accounts including mine and 4 others that I know were doing the same thing. We were only a small percentage of the suspended accounts. They called us “points pullers”

Coincidently, not long after they saw what we were doing, they created the new points deposit feature and closed down the credit pool. I take the blame, but the folks at Wyndham say no, they were working on this already

The consensus here (among the folks that no the system best) is that benefits are not tied to individual points the way you describe. If for example you own 500000points at Bonnet Creek you are entitled to 500000 points worth of arp reservations. And if you get a 1,000,000 point allocation each year, you can deposit a million points into the next two years

As you suggest, we won’t know for sure until we know for sure

But I’ll come back to my original point. It won’t make any difference to the folks that don’t own too many points for their needs, and plan ahead to use all their points each year

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
The consensus here (among the folks that no the system best)
Consensus means absolutely nothing to me, ESPECIALLY since no one knows exactly how the points deposit systems works. It was just implemented as a NEW feature this year!!! I'll continue to preach the conservative view of planning with this feature in play until that view is PROVEN to not be correct. And, you can continue to preach your assumption. I just hope no one gets burned by following the assumption. Maybe Wyndham will read these posts and clear the air. Sure would be nice of them. Wyndham???
===========================
Points Deposit Feature
The Points Deposit Feature allows you to deposit all, or a portion, of your current Use Year’s Points into a future Use Year. You may deposit your points into your next Use Year or two Use Years from the deposit date. Once deposited these points may only be used to book Standard and Express reservations at eligible CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus locations.

Important Information
  • There is a $39 nonrefundable fee to use this feature online or a $49 nonrefundable fee when calling the Vacation Planning Center.
  • Once points have been deposited, they will expire at the end of the Use Year selected and are not eligible to be deposited again.
  • Deposited points may only be used to confirm Standard and Express reservations at eligible CLUB WYNDHAM Plus resort locations.
  • One (1) Housekeeping Credit is required for every 1,000 points deposited.
  • Additional Housekeeping Credits may be purchased as needed to complete the deposit.
  • Deposits are a final transaction.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
However you interpret the wording regarding arp and deposited points, I don’t see the problem. If you plan ahead and use your points each year

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
an estoppel letter would not clear up the issue of a stripped account, because the Wyndham estoppel lists only the current year points usage, not any of the subsequent years' usage.

I don't understand this statement because the most recent estoppel I received from Wyndham (June 2017) listed points available for 2017, 2018 and 2019.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't understand this statement because the most recent estoppel I received from Wyndham (June 2017) listed points available for 2017, 2018 and 2019.
So they are getting better,

There have been reports here of estopples that said one thing and the reality turned out to be something else

It was good for the buyers in that they got more current year points than they paid for but I’m guessing the sellers were more than a little upset

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
I think you're referring to a prior thread which was alleging that Wyndham was transferring a full year's points to the buyer even though the seller had used some of those points and had clearly disclosed to the buyer the correct amount of points that were available in the current use year. He stated that some of his reservations were cancelled to give those points to the buyer. The thread continued a bit, but there were no further posts that added significantly to the issue.

I personally got an estoppel from Wyndham (as a resale buyer) stating the information is "current as of 7/27/17" and it does state the points available for the current year as well as the next two years.