• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Points deposit feature finality?

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure whether points deposited are used first in the use year they are moved to?

I remember Ron had a bucket theory but not tested.

I’ve read elsewhere that points deposited are used first.

Does anyone know for sure?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure whether points deposited are used first in the use year they are moved to?

I remember Ron had a bucket theory but not tested.

I’ve read elsewhere that points deposited are used first.

Does anyone know for sure?
When you deposit the 2018 points into 2019 or 2020. The points will go into the same points bucket as your 2019 or 2020 use year points.
You will not see a new points bucket created for the deposited points.
Example:
You have 500,000 2019 use year points.
You deposit 250,000 2018 points into 2019
You will then see 750,000 2019 use year points. Only one points bucket per year from now forward.

It hasn’t been completely tested yet. But it seems that you could make 500,000 point ARP for 2019 and still deposit the 250,000 2019 points that you deposited in my example into 2020 or 2021.

Points really do seem blind as to what points get used for what.
I and others have made ARP reservations with credit pool points since Voyager was launched.

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
My concern, using your example is what happens between Jan 1 and Mar 30 in 2019.

Let’s say I make 500,000 in standard reservations. I have 250,000 left. If they use regular use year first, I am left with 250k of points deposit from 2018 that I cannot push forward. If they use PD points first I can push the 2019 points forward.

If I knew they used reg year first for sure I’d push 250k before I made first reservation and hope I guessed right about needing 500k reservations.

I am retiring in 3 years and plan on loading up the first couple of years with accumulated PD. Knowing this is huge for how I do this.

When you deposit the 2018 points into 2019 or 2020. The points will go into the same points bucket as your 2019 or 2020 use year points.
Example:
You will then see 750,000 2019 use year points. Only one points bucket per year from now forward.

It hasn’t been completely tested yet. But it seems that you could make 500,000 point ARP for 2019 and still deposit the 250,000 2019 points that you deposited in my example into 2020 or 2021.

Points really do seem blind as to what points get used for what.
I and others have made ARP reservations with credit pool points since Voyager was launched.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t have any 2018 points to test the system. But so far the following seem to apply:
You have 500,000 regular use year points
The system is loaded with your 500,000 point ARP allocations
The system is loaded to allow up to 500,000 points a year for points deposit.

If a VIP deposited 2017 points into 2018 they could test the system by making an ARP reservation for 2018. Then see if all 2018 points are still available for deposit into 2019 or 2020

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
As stated above. I have no 2018 regular use year points. But I still have some ARP allocation left for 2018 and the system will let me make a 2018 ARP reservation for Christmas.

Melder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert
Example:

Today I deposited my 2018 points into 2020. The deposited points did not go into the same points bucket as my 2020 use year points. I now have two 2020 points buckets. One starting Jan. 1 and the other starting Jan. 2. Which bucket gets used first? I'm guessing regular use year points (Jan 1)

upload_2018-1-25_21-30-39.png

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today I deposited my 2018 points into 2020. The deposited points did not go into the same points bucket as my 2020 use year points. I now have two 2020 points buckets. One starting Jan. 1 and the other starting Jan. 2. Which bucket gets used first? I'm guessing regular use year points (Jan 1)

View attachment 5541
You and I definitely recieved different outcomes. I did my points deposit before the last announced shutdown.

Melder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert
As I understand it, it no longer matters.

I called Owner Relations and was escalated to Owner Care. I was told the same thing. I'm skeptical, but time will tell. Two quotes from Owner Care on this call....

1) "Regular use year points are used first, than Points Deposit regardless if they are in one or two buckets"
2) "Points are points. If I book a vacation in 2019 for 2020 and use all of my regular use year points, but only half of my points deposit. Come Jan. 1, 2020 I will be able to points deposit the remaining points up to my yearly points allotment. The system doesn't look at what type of points they are. They only look at the yearly allotment for points deposit."

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Owner Relations and was escalated to Owner Care. I was told the same thing. I'm skeptical, but time will tell. Two quotes from Owner Care on this call....

1) "Regular use year points are used first, than Points Deposit regardless if they are in one or two buckets"
2) "Points are points. If I book a vacation in 2019 for 2020 and use all of my regular use year points, but only half of my points deposit. Come Jan. 1, 2020 I will be able to points deposit the remaining points up to my yearly points allotment. The system doesn't look at what type of points they are. They only look at the yearly allotment for points deposit."

Thanks for sharing. It's nice to have this written record of it as well. Call me cynical but I don't know that I believe Windham's claims. I am hoping to use up my credit pool points first. My fear is: if my regular use points are used and only credit pool points are remaining I will not be able to move those forward to the following year.

I am going so far as to make reservations with my regular use points that I will cancel after I've used up all of my credit pool points.

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
This seems pretty conclusive to answer my question.

View attachment 5541
se

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Thanks for sharing. It's nice to have this written record of it as well. Call me cynical but I don't know that I believe Windham's claims. I am hoping to use up my credit pool points first. My fear is: if my regular use points are used and only credit pool points are remaining I will not be able to move those forward to the following year.

I am going so far as to make reservations with my regular use points that I will cancel after I've used up all of my credit pool points.

I think this is smart, because in my limited experience legacy credit pool points have one foot each in the new and old systems. Credit pooled points seem to be able to be used for ARP in they way outlined for the new system, but in terms of depositing (in my case, to RCI rather than points deposit) they could not be used for deposit, even though I hadn’t used all of my regular UY points for things limited to regular UY points. The old style credit pooled points behaved in the old bucket manner when it came to RCI deposit.

weemoeway

Reaction score

So, if #2 is accurate, you can theoretically deposit points from 2018 into 2019, then later any of those leftover into 2020, ad infinitum?

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that you will not be able to deposit more than the actual points allocated for that year. So basically you are using up your points deposited forward first.

Melder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert
So, if #2 is accurate, you can theoretically deposit points from 2018 into 2019, then later any of those leftover into 2020, ad infinitum?

My understanding is that you will not be able to deposit more than the actual points allocated for that year.

Correct. That's what I was told. You can deposit up to your yearly points allotment. The system doesn't look at what type of points they are.

So basically you are using up your points deposited forward first.

In theory that's the logical way to look at it. In my case I have two buckets (one starting Jan. 1 and the other starting Jan. 2.), so I know for a fact which points are use year and which are points deposit.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
In my case I have two buckets (one starting Jan. 1 and the other starting Jan. 2.), so I know for a fact which points are use year and which are points deposit.
Your deposited points didn’t go where they are supposed to. I would have a ticket opened and get the points put in your 2020 use year.

From last years supplement:
You may deposit your points into your next Use Year or two Use Years from now.

That didn’t happen and I wouldn’t count on a promise over the phone to hold up 2 years from now. Make Owner Care move the points to your regular 2020 use year where they belong.

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am hoping to use up my credit pool points first. My fear is: if my regular use points are used and only credit pool points are remaining I will not be able to move those forward to the following year.

Credit pool points aren’t eligible for the point deposit option.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Credit pool points aren’t eligible for the point deposit option.

Good point.

What I meant was "points I had deposited from 2017 into 2018." They also show one day different from my regular use points. And that makes me suspicious that they are placed in a different bucket despite Wyndham's claims.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that deposited points and they actually ended up with my regular use year points ? No new points bucket ?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good point.

What I meant was "points I had deposited from 2017 into 2018." They also show one day different from my regular use points. And that makes me suspicious that they are placed in a different bucket despite Wyndham's claims.
That one day off and the supplement states deposited points expire at the end of year would make me very suspicious also. First I would try to get owner care to put the points in the right points bucket. If they refuse I would atleast want an email from owner care stating that the dosited points are eligible to be deposited again because they weren’t put in with my regular use year points.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%. But this one day off stuff and a different points bucket makes no sense!!

Baby Jane

Reaction score
Well mine are all in one bucket but I put last years into 2018. I was figuring I would do that every year. I know it says in rules points can only be moved once. I am sure by now doing the 2nd the ones on the 1st will be used first. Wyndhams way of not letting us use all our points or forcing us to use RCI again :(

Melder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert
Maybe it's because 2020 is a leap year?
This could be Wyndham's algorithm:
Start date = Dec 31 - 365 days

Unfortunately it also happened when wjappraise deposited from 2017 into 2018...

wjappraise have you tried to make a reservation. Which bucket did it pull from? Jan 1 or Jan 2?