• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana views from a BALCONY - Post your best photos!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We were at WPORV the week of May 18th. Unfortunately, we seldom eat out due to my post food poisoning digestion issues.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks. Is this the top floor?

Looking forward to our first visit next summer!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Hard to take a photo that covers the views of this balcony.
WKORV 2629 (OFD 1Bd) - so I will post some that I took during Sept 8-15
(a reason to consider OFD even with the huge MFs)
2D25B57A-FF26-4DA3-ACB3-F621957C959F.jpeg

807C4296-BE7E-4882-B8E4-918428A29B80.jpeg
14DF4510-1C7B-4255-9E3A-81151F5D7C2A.jpeg
E65055F6-1A85-498A-BDA1-344724D4CB37.jpeg
60F2DCEB-BECD-4F9B-8942-7F4CD8AE4B8A.jpeg

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
That's the view I would get if I went to Nanea. No matter if we go to North or South, we end up overlooking the pirate ship.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Westin Nanea - Villa 3310
(avoid...)

e7951d98e12c764d70373642e44acc5c.jpg

482cebb8799c28237287a157f6bb02a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas x2
Westin Nanea - Villa 3310
(avoid...)

e7951d98e12c764d70373642e44acc5c.jpg

482cebb8799c28237287a157f6bb02a5.jpg

Are you an owner? staying on trade? or a paid stay? Curious how Nanea determines who gets the parking lot views.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Are you an owner? staying on trade? or a paid stay? Curious how Nanea determines who gets the parking lot views.

I didn’t want to repeat from other posts, but this was on a Nanea Preview package.
They offered to move us, but we had already unpacked.
It wasn’t awful - and the Preview package was a deal.

We own an OFD at WKORV - it would be hard to compare an OFD with any other villa in VSN. IMO

IME - timestamp rules when it comes to location for HomeResort stays, and SO stays.

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I didn’t want to repeat from other posts, but this was on a Nanea Preview package.
They offered to move us, but we had already unpacked.
It wasn’t awful - and the Preview package was a deal.

We own an OFD at WKORV - it would be hard to compare an OFD with any other villa in VSN. IMO

IME - timestamp rules when it comes to location for HomeResort stays, and SO stays.

At least you were over the lobby with the gravel overhang around you. three rooms to the right and you would have been right over the smoking section. My concern with the front, aside from the view, is the scent from the treatment plant seems heavier in the front. That's why I always book right at 12 months, to make sure I at least get an inside facing room. However, I still believe that Nanea is beautiful and would enjoy being there regardless. We don;t spent a LOt of time in the room. Glad you enjoyed it, despite the parking garage view.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The smoking would be killer for me. I was worried that we would be put above the smoking area by B2 for our SO stay.

During our stay at WKORV - people below us were smoking on their balcony. I had to yell down to ask them to stop. Are they so nose blind that they think people can’t smell them?
Also saw a woman smoking in her balcony at Nanea - when she saw me she quickly hid it.

At the end of the walkways leading to the beach - there were constant cigarette butts in the sand and on the stairs. Even with a trash can right there. I picked up multiple butts everyday off the beach and stairs.

Smokers do not care about their bodies or their health - or those around them or the environment.
It is very reflective of their addiction and their denial.

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The smoking would be killer for me. I was worried that we would be put above the smoking area by B2 for our SO stay.

During our stay at WKORV - people below us were smoking on their balcony. I had to yell down to ask them to stop. Are they so nose blind that they think people can’t smell them?
Also saw a woman smoking in her balcony at Nanea - when she saw me she quickly hid it.

At the end of the walkways leading to the beach - there were constant cigarette butts in the sand and on the stairs. Even with a trash can right there. I picked up multiple butts everyday off the beach and stairs.

Smokers do not care about their bodies or their health - or those around them or the environment.
It is very reflective of their addiction and their denial.

I am actually a smoker, HOWEVER, I carry around a portable sealable ashtray that I place my butts into until I find the next garbage can, and ALWAYS distance myself from all other people before I light up. I wish more were like me, as I do not like to smell other peoples smoke any more than non smokers do. NEVER light up on balconies or try to smoke in non-smoking areas. I usually end up at the far end of a parking lot all alone, looking sad... although, I have met the nicest people in the smoking areas (I dubbed them the leper colonies) that I wouldn't have met otherwise. I also don't deny I can quit, I just have to WANT to, my addiction is completely habitual and mental...

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Yep, if the balcony smokers irritate me enough, I go buy a nice cigar and treat them to a cigar. Or at least the smoke...

Tater on my Note8 tapatalk

pgizzi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nanea Unit 3315. Parking garage directly across with a creek type water feature down to the left. I was there on a preview package, which based on other comments is the likely reason we were given this view.

Attachments

• E1951657-B07C-41D0-B8FF-667E0D682D93.jpeg
    E1951657-B07C-41D0-B8FF-667E0D682D93.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 9C194A77-D7FD-4709-BC58-DE554002A8E7.jpeg
    9C194A77-D7FD-4709-BC58-DE554002A8E7.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 158

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Problem is the OGG airport doesn't have any smoking areas. I don't smoke but I have a relative who vapes and needed to smoke before getting on the plane for 5 hours. Most airports have an area close to the terminal.

We looked for a spot on the map but couldn't find one so found a place away from people. The minute he started vaping, a Paul Blount type security guy on a segway raced over to tell us that we couldn't smoke there. We then asked where we could smoke and he said IDK somewhere out there in the parking lot. Not a good solution.

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Problem is the OGG airport doesn't have any smoking areas. I don't smoke but I have a relative who vapes and needed to smoke before getting on the plane for 5 hours. Most airports have an area close to the terminal.

We looked for a spot on the map but couldn't find one so found a place away from people. The minute he started vaping, a Paul Blount type security guy on a segway raced over to tell us that we couldn't smoke there. We then asked where we could smoke and he said IDK somewhere out there in the parking lot. Not a good solution.

There is a smoking area across the street form the check in area, poorly marked. but there.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
index.php
WKORV OV Studio 3620 - Don’t know why the image is rotated!

Attachments

• 302CBB92-EF47-47EE-9088-D4CD3CC4B892.jpeg
    302CBB92-EF47-47EE-9088-D4CD3CC4B892.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 391