• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Please post Starwood ROFR transactions here (ONLY)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
*This thread is searchable -
-click on the SEARCH THIS THREAD link at the top of the thread (not at the top of the page)
-put in the resort name
-click GO

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Put the full name of the resort in the Title, so the thread can easily be searched. (Or the full name of the resort AND the acronym, both.) - See Robert's examples below for a model.

2. In the message - please include all the details including exact description of the unit, and price.

3. The purpose of this sticky is to collect factual Info. about Starwood deeds that have actually been ROFR'd - not discussions about ROFR. Please post discussions in another thread.

Last edited:

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North - WKORVN

4/12/2011 - Starwood ROFR'd my purchase of an eoy OF 2bedroom unit.

The price was $8,097.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas - WKORV

6/20/2011 - Starwood ROFR'd my sale of an annual two bedroom ocean view unit.

The sale price was $18,100.

optimist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas - WKORV

7/26/2013 - Starwood ROFR'd my purchase of an EOY two bedroom ocean view unit.

The price was $6,000 (Duh:D)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Starwood ROFR Database

I built upon the Marriott ROFR database and have created a database to track Starwood ROFR/resale activity.

I know that there are only a few resorts with a ROFR provision, but feel free to add your information to the database. If the resort doesn't have ROFR, you can use the N/A option.

http://dioxide45.tripod.com/rofrstarwood.html

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thank you! What a nice thing to do!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is this link dead - it will not work for me.

There is no link - it's just a thread, and no one has really responded - it only has 8 posts.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There is no link - it's just a thread, and no one has really responded - it only has 8 posts.

I think they are referring to the database at the link in post #5. And yes, it is dead. Haven't found a good solution to get it working yet.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think they are referring to the database at the link in post #5. And yes, it is dead. Haven't found a good solution to get it working yet.

Sorry - I missed that.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PJS - in the other thread, I posted a list of reputable timeshare brokers that are Tuggers - that would be a good place for you to start your research, because what you are looking for is not going to be easy to find.

glewis1123

TUG Member
Reaction score
WKOVN Rofr

Has anyone heard what the current buyback has been for a 2 bedroom ocean view unit at Westin Kaanapali North???

Thank you

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Syed came in a month or so ago and said that they were routinely exercising ROFR now and at higher rates, driving the resale prices up. He didn't give figures but I'd speculate that that would put OF on the north side in the high 20's/low 30's (south $5-10k higher?) with $10k less for each step down in view (OV and IV).

Speculation is that they are building inventory for their new points program.

glewis1123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you

we have an offer in on a 2BR OV Annual at WKORV North at $22.5 and it just went to Starwood today - so I guess we'll hear back in 2 weeks time. Keeping our fingers crossed.

glewis1123

TUG Member
Reaction score
will do - as soon as I hear back - keep your fingers crossed

wish there was a list somewhere with a history of buybacks with a description of the type of unit

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
will do - as soon as I hear back - keep your fingers crossed

wish there was a list somewhere with a history of buybacks with a description of the type of unit

There has been a list at the top of the forum since 2013 (3rd sticky) - but very few people have contributed any data.

glewis1123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone - here is the update:

Starwood exercised their ROFR.

Our offer was $22,500 for an annual 2BR ocean view unit at WKORV North.

UGH

So we are now contemplating putting an offer in on another ov unit at $24500

Last edited:

glewis1123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Updated:

I decided to call Starwood directly to get some information as if I planned on buying directly from them.

Currently the only way you can buy directly from Starwood for the WKORVN is if you are actually on property, and they actually have deed in their hands - so to speak - because they are currently sold out. If you were on property and they did have a unit to sell the starting price is $67,900.00 and up depending on the view. He (Harvey of Starwood) also stated that the new units currently under construction are due to start selling in the 4th quarter of this year (2015).

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you lost out on your unit. I feel your pain. I've been through it a couple of times for oceanfront units at WKROVN, and it is so disappointing! Good luck with your next purchase.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Hi everyone - here is the update:

Starwood exercised their ROFR.

Our offer was $22,500 for an annual 2BR ocean view unit at WKORV North.

UGH

So we are now contemplating putting an offer in on another ov unit at $24500

I would not increase your price, 22,500 is a more than fair price for oceanview. If I were you I would put same offer in on an Oceanfront instead, seems that ROFR is not logical. I got my oceanfront early this year January 2015 for $19,500.

Good luck...try Syed...

WI GAL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOR South, Maui
Hanalei Bay, Kauai
Aruba Surf Club
This is not for the North property but if anyone would like info we just purchased a WKORV (South) Annual 2BR Premium Oceanview thru Syed which passed ROFR at $27,500, which had $1,000 in closing costs and $2,500 paid upfront for credit towards 2016 maintenance fees built into the price. Previous offer of $25,000 for same unit type with just $1,000 closing costs built into price did not pass ROFR.

Our prior identical unit purchased in 2012 passed ROFR at 19,200 so the buyback price seems to have increased at least temporarily.