• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PLEASE HELP!!! URGENT!!! Welk Resort Timeshare

Kunwar Singh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
welk
Good read. I also recently rescinded a Welk purchase, on the very next day to be exact. I seriously can't believe these people are still in business with the way they deceive you by withholding all types of information. They don't inform you of your 7 day rescission period, and a lot of other details about the contract.

Anyhow I already faxed and sent USPS certified mail rescission letters. I was sent proof of reception of these via email. But I saw in another thread that the binder needs to be sent back. I haven't received any instructions to do so yet. I've emailed the same quality assurance person who sent me the cancellation confirmation email about mailing back the binder. I assume they also want their flash drive that the public report was stored on. In the other thread I read the OP said he mailed that back to the same place he sent the rescission letter. But that thread is almost 5 years old now. Can anyone who also recently rescinded a Welk purchase chime in on this?

Can't wait till this whole process is over with. I read negative review after negative review of people who were duped into buying Welk timeshares hours after we made our purchase. Thank God for the internet! But I didn't find this site until just now, about 9 days after signing. Thank God that the flash drive where they had the huge public report has the 7 day rescission policy smack dab on page 1. Didn't even read the rest, just printed that out and sent it in pronto. I joined this site so I could do what I intended to do with the Welk time share: take some affordable vacations.

Hi,
What is the exact address to send the Letter to rescind. I am in the same boat as you and bought one yesterday in Welk Branson and need to send rescinding letter in mail today.

Thanks,
Kunwar.

KrayzieCD

Reaction score
Hi,
What is the exact address to send the Letter to rescind. I am in the same boat as you and bought one yesterday in Welk Branson and need to send rescinding letter in mail today.

Thanks,
Kunwar.
The address to send the rescission letter is in your contract. If they gave it to you in paper form in the giant binder it should be a form that already has the address pre-printed. If they gave you the contract on a zip file then it is on one of those pages. There are A LOT of pages but for me, it was at the very beginning of one of the sections. The address is there on a form that says rescission letter. I included a picture of what ours looked like. I would think yours would look similar, but might have an address somewhere in Missouri. Make sure you send it via USPS return receipt.

Glad to see people doing research and realizing what an absolute rip off and scam this thing is. Sad part is, I still see their stand set up at the local amusement park. People getting roped in by lies on a daily basis.

Attachments

• IMG_20171002_101851.jpg
    IMG_20171002_101851.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 74

Kunwar Singh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
welk
The address to send the rescission letter is in your contract. If they gave it to you in paper form in the giant binder it should be a form that already has the address pre-printed. If they gave you the contract on a zip file then it is on one of those pages. There are A LOT of pages but for me, it was at the very beginning of one of the sections. The address is there on a form that says rescission letter. I included a picture of what ours looked like. I would think yours would look similar, but might have an address somewhere in Missouri. Make sure you send it via USPS return receipt.

Glad to see people doing research and realizing what an absolute rip off and scam this thing is. Sad part is, I still see their stand set up at the local amusement park. People getting roped in by lies on a daily basis.

Thanks a lot, Now they do not include this letter anymore. Also, they have deleted this page in the flash drive. This makes the address selection very vague.

KrayzieCD

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, Now they do not include this letter anymore. Also, they have deleted this page in the flash drive. This makes the address selection very vague.

I don't know if the laws are different in Missouri or what. But in our contract it stated that the rescission info MUST be included in the public report by the developer. On the zip drive contents, did you see any file name that said public report? If so look in there.

If you can't find it I suggest you use the exact format that the OP of this thread used for his letter. Basically just a short letter listing your account number and the names on the account and saying you wish to rescind the purchase of the timeshare. Then have the names of the purchasers printed out and both of you sign under the names. And make sure the date is clearly listed and matches the date you mailed off the form via USPS certified return receipt.

As for the address I'd say to be safe fax in a copy of this letter to whatever locations you see a fax number for. Try the Branson Welk location, try the Escondido CA location also since I believe that is their headquarters. For mailing it if they don't have a clear Missouri address in there I'd mail it to the Escondido CA location.

Try to call one of the numbers they gave you. Might take some bouncing around (another sign that this is a giant scam). For me I was able to get a call back when I threatened to cancel. Then when the manager called I informed him that I was absolutely gonna cancel. They try to offer you some super discount after that but don't fall for that crap. Just tell him you'd like to cancel and ask for an address and fax number to do so. Once you get confirmation from the PO that your letter was received call this same person and ask for an email stating that they received your cancellation letter. I did all of that and it definitely put my mind more at ease until I got my REAL confirmation: a refund of the sizeable down payment I had made. Refund takes between 2-3 weeks.

Good luck and if you have any more questions I'm all ears.

KrayzieCD

Reaction score
Here is the Escondido address and fax number, in case you can't find any other address.

Attachments

• IMG_20171002_113524.jpg
    IMG_20171002_113524.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 98

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
be sure to report to both your states AGs office, as well as the AGs office in the state you bought in...that the rescission information was not included or clear in your contract.

do not believe for one second that it was "accidental" vs deliberate.

Coastal

Reaction score
Wow thank you to this forum... I got suckered yesterday at welk.... Rescinding today. Phew!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and the OP has something else to be thankful for...that the posted their story and you found it in time to also save a fortune!

congrats!

Coastal

Reaction score
And rescinded... Out... They all of a sudden had 0 percent Financing, and stories about how it was the best purchase they ever made. But they were all very polite about the cancellation.