• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Planning for HGVC Kingsland

Sky313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Planning a trip to Kingsland in 2019 for 7 people. Would it be better to reserve a 3 bedroom or 2 x 2 bedrooms?

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I guess I would have to ask, "better, based on what"? What are the ages and relationships of the 7 people? What would you expect the sleeping arrangements to be? If it is 3 couples and a single, the single can use the sofa bed and the couples can use the bedrooms in the 3-bdrm unit. If it is 2 couples and 3 children, the 2 x 2-bdrm. configuration might be better.

Sky313

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I would have to ask, "better, based on what"? What are the ages and relationships of the 7 people? What would you expect the sleeping arrangements to be? If it is 3 couples and a single, the single can use the sofa bed and the couples can use the bedrooms in the 3-bdrm unit. If it is 2 couples and 3 children, the 2 x 2-bdrm. configuration might be better.

3 couples, all adults (including my wife's parents), plus her sister. It would relegate the odd person out to the living room. From what I can gather, the living space/dining space is no larger than a 2br layout

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I haven't been in the 3 bedroom units at Kings' Land, only the 1 bdrm and 2 bdrm. Have you checked the floor plans to identify the larger units in each category? I know that the 1 and 2 bdrm. units have two different sizes. The ones in Phase I are larger than in phase 2 and 3, but also require more points. If the same applies to the 3 bdrm. then that might swing my vote to the 3 bdrm., so you have one larger gathering area, but with all adults and 3 couples, the advantage of going with the two bedroom units is that each group has its own space.

Whatever you choose, you I am sure you will enjoy Kings' Land. It is a great resort, plus privileges at the Hilton Hotel complex for a change of pace.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
You also have to keep in mind the sleeping habits of everyone involved. Does your sister-in-law (assuming she would be the one on the sleeper sofa) like to either stay up later or sleep in a little? If she does, having her sleep on the sofa sleeper might interfere with her sleeping habits, especially if someone in your party is an early riser. You also say that your in-laws are going as well. Maybe a separate unit for them along with your sister-in-law might be a nice touch too. You can request the two unit close to each other and use one of them as the gathering spot.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
+1 for recommendation by Bill4728

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Having two separate living spaces give people a place to " get away for a while " which IMHO is always a good idea.

Yup. We do 2BR (at DVC, but the idea is the same) with family. Then again, we both really like and love to spend time with our own and each other's families. We want the "always together" thing...for the few days.

With other couples, we will do two studios.

But, again, the only real decider is the dynamics of the people.

As for "get away for a while," we're not fans of Kingsland relative to the other BI properties, but the pool bar there is stellar :)

Cheers.

Sky313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to have 2 BR right next to each other. Kingsland is quite big so would not want to have to drive to a different complex to "visit" each other.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Is there a way to have 2 BR right next to each other. Kingsland is quite big so would not want to have to drive to a different complex to "visit" each other.

Call the resort a couple of weeks before your stay and ask to be near each other. They have always been in the same building as our guests.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

The key for that is to book the same type units:
STD = first floor
PLUS = second floor
PREMIER = third floor

My suggestion would be to book two 2BR STD units in phase II, you can tell when booking because the points are lower. The first floor allows you to expand out on to the grassy areas from the lanai. Phase II is directly across from the main lobby and pool, very convenient.

Call the resort 2 weeks before arrival and request units next to each other, that is about the time they do room assignments.

I’m booked for 17 days in a 2br std next May. I booked right at 9 months, you are getting a late start for 2019, better hurry for best selection of lower point rooms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

cgingrich

Reaction score
We've booked 2 units, gives you more room and spread out and down time, We've always requested units close together, even building 4 and 5 one year was close enough. Our last visit, they gave us side by side on the ground floor, so nice to that trip. Used the lanai lots and made it so easy for back and forth visits and using the bbq area.

h2oflyboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Centum+ w/ bHC NYC: W57th, The Residences; HGVC: Maui Bay, and Grand Islander; HVC: Cabo Azul
I've stayed at KL 3-bedroom. 2 K and 3rd room 2 dbls. 2 ensuite baths and a shared at the entrance to the unit across from the 3rd BR. I agree, the relationship familial dynamic is very important. and I always say, do not expect your family member to sleep on a pull out couch, if you are not willing to do the same. The 3-BR is great, but for 7 people I'd opt for 2-2BR an you also have a greater choice those. In phrase 3 - Im thinking there are only a handful of 3-BR units.

Sky313

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at KL 3-bedroom. 2 K and 3rd room 2 dbls. 2 ensuite baths and a shared at the entrance to the unit across from the 3rd BR. I agree, the relationship familial dynamic is very important. and I always say, do not expect your family member to sleep on a pull out couch, if you are not willing to do the same. The 3-BR is great, but for 7 people I'd opt for 2-2BR an you also have a greater choice those. In phrase 3 - Im thinking there are only a handful of 3-BR units.

Thanks for the responses. Glad to hear everyone's opinions!