• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pinon Pointe question

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
My sister is looking at a resale week unit 1413. Does anyone know if there is any view from there. I know it's not near the pool but not sure the best way to get more specific information on the actual unit

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
IMG_20180318_092540.jpg

I would not recommend unit 1413. It's on the first floor, and not in a best location. Likely no views and basement-like. You can look it it using Google Earth and judge for yourself.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Screenshot_20180524-205250__01.jpg

Here is a screenshot from Google Earth showing unit 1413.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ok thank you. We will keep looking

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
ok thank you. We will keep looking
Prime views will be on the 2nd or 3rd floors in Buildings 1-5. Those units will afford you a view of Snoopy Rock and a wonderful panorama of downtown Sedona in the foreground, backed by an array of Red Rocks formations.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Prime views will be on the 2nd or 3rd floors in Buildings 1-5. Those units will afford you a view of Snoopy Rock and a wonderful panorama of downtown Sedona in the foreground, backed by an array of Red Rocks formations.
They found one in bldg 1 so now we wait to see if Hyatt passes on it. Fingers crossed

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
View attachment 6823
I would not recommend unit 1413. It's on the first floor, and not in a best location. Likely no views and basement-like. You can look it it using Google Earth and judge for yourself.

Hi looking at Google Earth it appears the 1st floor units in bldgs 2-5 are on the ground level, not below ground. I see the parking is right outside the enclosed 1st level patio.
Would you recommend the 1st floor units in bldgs 2-5? Thanks!

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi looking at Google Earth it appears the 1st floor units in bldgs 2-5 are on the ground level, not below ground. I see the parking is right outside the enclosed 1st level patio.
Would you recommend the 1st floor units in bldgs 2-5? Thanks!
No, for two primary reasons: 1) the main view will be of the parking lot; 2) you don't have a whole lot of privacy with people walking right past you, separated by a six-foot fence.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, for two primary reasons: 1) the main view will be of the parking lot; 2) you don't have a whole lot of privacy with people walking right past you, separated by a six-foot fence.

Thanks Baron. I'm just view window shopping ;)
A Pinon Point unit would be nice to have but not something I can justify at present...

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To Pinion Point owners:

Do you use your unit points mainly to exchange internally to other Hyatt resorts during CUP period?
If you have an annual unit, how often do you use it to stay at Pinion Point, (regardless of the week you own) ?
For example, do you stay at Pinion 1 out of every 2-3 years? 4-5? hardly ever-never?

thanks!

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
To Pinion Point owners:

Do you use your unit points mainly to exchange internally to other Hyatt resorts during CUP period?
If you have an annual unit, how often do you use it to stay at Pinion Point, (regardless of the week you own) ?
For example, do you stay at Pinion 1 out of every 2-3 years? 4-5? hardly ever-never?

thanks!
I’m there once every two to three years. I’ve tried to use my HRPP week but life has gotten in the way. I’m going back again next April. It’s a great place and I love Sedona too. And DW loves Sedona too.

I’m a big fan of trying to use my CUP points to stay at Hyatt. Luckily I have three within 200 miles of the Bay Area. But I usually end up with EEE points to use in II. Not a bad problem to have.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To Pinion Point owners:

thanks!
We use our Pinon Pointe week in 3 years out of 4 simply because we love Sedona. This year, we were able to land a trade into Ka'anapali in December. Nice trade! We will be using our Sedona week again in 2019.

Renzo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin lagunamar/Marriott
Is Pinon pointe a good trader? Does it exchange well to highlands inn or siesta key internally with Hyatt point system?
Im thinking about resale here, maintenance seems lower than others. How about hacienda in Puerto Rico?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
All Hyatt timeshare points have equal trading power, regardless of the property, both internally in Hyatt and in II.

Renzo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin lagunamar/Marriott
Thank you. I see a few in redweek with 1880 points for a couple of thousands. I’m guess guessing it has to be hard to go to Hawaii or siesta key.....

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Hawaii and Siesta Key are hard to get. Buy where you want to stay. Especially with Hyatt's fixed weeks.

While I see resale Hawaii weeks, I've never seen Siesta Key weeks for sale. There is some kind of fractional ownership structure there, not straight weeks.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Another Pinion Point question: there is another 1400 point week on eBay describing the deeded unit as 206A by “VacationsForLess”. This unit apparently does not exist, but the seller says that is how it is described in the deed, and that all that really matters is the 1400 point description. The seller didn’t seem concerned about the incorrect description. Any ideas what is going on?

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Another Pinion Point question: there is another 1400 point week on eBay describing the deeded unit as 206A by “VacationsForLess”. This unit apparently does not exist, but the seller says that is how it is described in the deed, and that all that really matters is the 1400 point description. The seller didn’t seem concerned about the incorrect description. Any ideas what is going on?
No idea what "206A" is, but the seller is wrong when they say that "all that really matters is the 1400 points"--especially at Pinon Pointe. Views are critical. Buildings 1-5 with 2nd or 3rd floor units will be most highly prized with views of Snoopy Rock and other amazing red rock formations. Buildings 6 and 7 overlook a parking lot and a cell phone tower. All other units face west, which is either into a landscaped gully or a less-desirable view of the Red Rocks. So it's most important that, if you think you want the unit, you find out which unit the deed is assigned to.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
No idea what "206A" is, but the seller is wrong when they say that "all that really matters is the 1400 points"--especially at Pinon Pointe. Views are critical. Buildings 1-5 with 2nd or 3rd floor units will be most highly prized with views of Snoopy Rock and other amazing red rock formations. Buildings 6 and 7 overlook a parking lot and a cell phone tower. All other units face west, which is either into a landscaped gully or a less-desirable view of the Red Rocks. So it's most important that, if you think you want the unit, you find out which unit the deed is assigned to.
Thank you WB!!

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Pinion Point has an odd way of doing the unit number in the contract vs actual unit number. I’ve called the property before, and they transfer me over to sales, who could decifer the actual unit number from the other number.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
At your service, dagger :)
WB, is it true that there are no elevators at Pinion Point? I just read this today, but find it hard to believe...