• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pinon Point view other than buildings 1-5

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
I have read lots of posts and pretty much understand that building 1-5 second and third floor are the best views. But if that not available whats the second best area ?

Last edited:

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I would say the Phase 2 buildings, 15-21, most second floor units would have good views. Those building are further away from the pool and quieter.

jtmaske

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Lodge on Peak 7
West 57th Street by Hilton Club
DVC Polynesian
The red rocks to the east loom larger than those to the south and west. I would venture that overall the 3rd floor units in Buildings 1 through 5 are the best, but the following are close: 621, 1022, second floors of Buildings 15 16 17. Pinon Pointe is a 'dark sky' site and some south facing units that do not have prime red rock views may have excellent nighttime views of the Milky Way and such. The best 360 degree views are from the pool and hot tub.

upload_2019-4-22_19-47-32.jpeg

Last edited:

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I agree , bldgs 15-17 looked pretty good too in phase 2 area. Bldgs 18 &19 at end of cul desac are set a bit below street level, so the 2nd floors are best in all the phase 2 bldgs.

Here are some pictures of phase 2 I took when we visited, but not stayed at Pinon PT.

IMG_20180929_115555414_BURST000_COVER.jpg
I think this is #17
IMG_20180929_115626143_HDR.jpg

This is facing 'west' , towards bldg 17 perhaps?
IMG_20180929_112915295_HDR.jpg

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I have found, 5 out of 5 times, that when I exchange in Interval to Pinon Point, and check the "My History", that the unit number that is on there is the same unit that I am assigned when I check in. The unit number doesn't show up on the actual Confirmation Certificate, but can be viewed in My History. I believe that the same is true for Hyatt Highlands Inn. I asked once or twice at the desk for a different unit and they told me "sorry, you'll be in the unit that was relinquished, unless it is taken out of service for a repair".

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
The red rocks to the east loom larger than those to the south and west. I would venture that overall the 3rd floor units in Buildings 1 through 5 are the best, but the following are close: 621, 1022, second floors of Buildings 15 16 17. Pinon Pointe is a 'dark sky' site and some south facing units that do not have prime red rock views may have excellent nighttime views of the Milky Way and such. The best 360 degree views are from the pool and hot tub.

View attachment 11422

Love the picture. Thanks for sharing.

We have visited a couple times while staying at other resorts, but have never stayed there. Last fall we bought a trial package (don’t recall the actual name), so we will be staying there this coming early November for the first time. We love the Sedona area and look forward to experiencing the resort in person. Of course we won’t buy from them directly during our required presentation.

Best regards.

Mike

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I have found, 5 out of 5 times, that when I exchange in Interval to Pinon Point, and check the "My History", that the unit number that is on there is the same unit that I am assigned when I check in. The unit number doesn't show up on the actual Confirmation Certificate, but can be viewed in My History. I believe that the same is true for Hyatt Highlands Inn. I asked once or twice at the desk for a different unit and they told me "sorry, you'll be in the unit that was relinquished, unless it is taken out of service for a repair".
What about with an internal exchange? Any way to check?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have a group of us staying this weekend and were told we were all put in bldg 20. We were only able to get 3 studios. Only one is on the 1st floor. I have only stayed on the pool side before but we would not all be able to be put together . The front desk said the j inuits in the studios seem bigger. Will we be disappointed ? We were hopi g a larger unit would open up but they seem pretty full

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
We have a group of us staying this weekend and were told we were all put in bldg 20. We were only able to get 3 studios. Only one is on the 1st floor. I have only stayed on the pool side before but we would not all be able to be put together . The front desk said the j inuits in the studios seem bigger. Will we be disappointed ? We were hopi g a larger unit would open up but they seem pretty full

I didn't understand your comment that "the j inuits..." Inuits are native Alaskans I think.

I've stayed in the studios and ... they are studios. Kind of small. Like most studios. I kind of recall that they had a couch in the studio, so at least there will be some comfort. If you look at the Hyatt website they will show you a picture of the studio. Here is the text from their website: "Perfect for a getaway weekend to red rock country, our studio units are the size of a traditional hotel room. Studios are 350 square feet, and will have a queen sized Hyatt Grand Bed with a small sofa sleeper. Each studio is equipped with a kitchenette that includes a countertop-high fridge, microwave, full sized coffee maker, toaster, dishes and flatware. Studios sleep two adults or two adults and one child comfortably. The balcony or patio attached will have no view."

I looked at the resort map and it looks like bldg 20 in on the west side of the property. It should be pretty quiet. I recall that the studio had the patio in the front (facing the parking lot). But you may actually have a view facing south east. Let me know if that is the caste.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Studio with sofabed.
IMG_20180320_151938.jpg

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
th
I didn't understand your comment that "the j inuits..." Inuits are native Alaskans I think.

I've stayed in the studios and ... they are studios. Kind of small. Like most studios. I kind of recall that they had a couch in the studio, so at least there will be some comfort. If you look at the Hyatt website they will show you a picture of the studio. Here is the text from their website: "Perfect for a getaway weekend to red rock country, our studio units are the size of a traditional hotel room. Studios are 350 square feet, and will have a queen sized Hyatt Grand Bed with a small sofa sleeper. Each studio is equipped with a kitchenette that includes a countertop-high fridge, microwave, full sized coffee maker, toaster, dishes and flatware. Studios sleep two adults or two adults and one child comfortably. The balcony or patio attached will have no view."

I looked at the resort map and it looks like bldg 20 in on the west side of the property. It should be pretty quiet. I recall that the studio had the patio in the front (facing the parking lot). But you may actually have a view facing south east. Let me know if that is the caste.
Thank you. That was a typo. Sorry to confuse the issue lol. Supposedly one of the units has somewhat of a red rock view. We shall see.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks . These are some of the smaller studies in the system unfortunately. The front desk said the newer side studios including building 20 had king rather than queen beds and that they seemed larger. That sounds strange as a king bed should make it look smaller. I'll let you know. We are still hoping a larger unit opens up at the last minute .

tv77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone has pictures of the view from building 19?

Thanks n