• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pictures from our stay at the The District by Hilton Club

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed on W57 ..Do we have free drinks and snacks? I am not elite. I just own 8.5k. thanks

They have a reasonable breakfast- really the only non-carb items are the very nice quiche (very little shell). They don't have a kitchen on site, so it's hard.

The evening is better. They have beer (usually Brooklyn Lager), some decent wine and very nice snacks. Chicken wings, various egg rolls, nice cheese guac. There are other hot choices, but I don't recall.

Just tales being an owner, as noted, and doesn't require elite. We're all-resale, so pretty far from elite :)

Cheers.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Seems that HGVC is following in Disney's steps with converting hotels to TS.
That way they can shift some of the management costs to owners and make
themselves even more profitable.

I am kind of glad they are expanding the club anyway they do it as long as it's
bookable to everyone and not just to a new club within a club.

I used to stay in Embassy suites alot back when I travelled more in hotels and
also in Residence Inns. I use Residence Inn more now because they are just
usually more conveniently located to where I am going and I've been with
Marriott longer now in their rewards program.

Always good to have options but I won't be adding any points at any of these
urban locations. Maybe OS might make sense again if it's available at any
of these converted ES. Has anyone used the OS and compared?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
For the Hilton club resorts, Open Season is restricted. It’s available exclusively for property owners only.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I'm surprised they didn't even beef up the kitchenette area even a little bit. Put in range top burner or at least a toaster oven.

It looks exactly the same as every other Embassy Suites room. You just book it on points. Just a way for HGVC to say they're building new locations?

Stayed first night on Hhonors pts on 6th floor. 4 nights at District on 9th floor so can now compare.

Overall, I would rate hotel design, amenities, and breakfast buffet very highly.

Biggest diff are rooms. Room at hotel was a 3.5. Room at District 4.25 to 4.5. Hotel photos do not tell full story:

• District was a step up. Much nicer finishes and amenities. District had wood/laminate floors vs. Hotel carpet. Layouts pretty much same.
  • Kitchenette has glassware and upgraded wood (like?) finishes. Hotel had cheap white laminate and slightly worn furnishings.
  • Bathroom and linens more luxurious. District also had a nice dining table. Hotel had a desk instead. District room was cleaned every day.

We did not have access to the District lounge but used the hotel breakfast which was quite good. Given our experience in W57 lounge, I would expect the Distrct lounge to be much better than eve fare in hotel.

Would stay at both again but would prefer District if points are reasonable.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
BTW, the location is also quite good. Walking distance to Georgetown waterfront (longer walk), Lincoln Memorial and restaurants.

Ritz Carleton residences, Marriott and Hilton Garden Inn on same block. These hotels also provide good alternatives if District or ES not a good value.

Last edited:

Here There

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, OP and others, for sharing your recent experiences staying at the District. Now that I'll have access to booking HGVC soon (my ROFR-passed offer is now in the deed prep stage) along with MVC's Mayflower (since I am also enrolled in Marriott's points program) I'm wondering what to do with my current ownership of 126K Wyndham points...
I bought into the Wyndham (homebase: Waikiki beach walk) program 3+ years ago primarily for the ability to book a few stopover nights at Old Town Alexandria for in & outbound trips to the east coast and beyond. What was meant as a pitstop to see family has turned into a wonderful urban excursion -- with OTA's convenient location, the quaint, cute aspect of the town itself, along with the full TS amenities (stovetop, full frig, laundry facilities, sep bedroom) offered by the resort. All at a reasonable cost of <$100 per weeknight. For these reasons it will be a sad day when I unload the Wyndham ownership which I feel I must in order to streamline the portfolio...

Nahanni

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this information. We'll be staying for 4 nights in August and wonder if there if anyone knows of a nearby, safe alternate location for overnight parking (to avoid the hotel's $49 nightly fee). We're expecting to walk to the Mall, etc and won't really need the car once it's parked.