• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pictures from our Lagoon Tower stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village

zora

TUG Member
Reaction score
alwysonvac, Thank you so much for your input. We have a reservation for a 3+ at thanksgiving and based upon your info I called and requested either 2467 or 2466. Also, your photos are great, someone is an artist. :clap:

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Great photo album. I've always wanted to reserve one of the penthouse units but, I've never seen one available for the dates we were going to be in Oahu. Maybe sometime in the future we'll get lucky.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Parking at Hilton Hawaiian Village

Parking at Hilton is outrageous and not necessary. I hope they raise it to $100/hour, perhaps then people will understand that you shouldn't stay there if you must have a car. The advantage to being in Waikiki is you can stay without a car. Any other place but Waikiki is better if you must have a car.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Parking at Hilton is outrageous and not necessary. I hope they raise it to $100/hour, perhaps then people will understand that you shouldn't stay there if you must have a car. The advantage to being in Waikiki is you can stay without a car. Any other place but Waikiki is better if you must have a car.

So that's one persons opinion. There are those of us who realize that Oahu is much more than Waikiki. While you definately don't need a car, we still find having a car both fun and necessary for our needs.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
So that's one persons opinion. There are those of us who realize that Oahu is much more than Waikiki. While you definately don't need a car, we still find having a car both fun and necessary for our needs.

Ditto !!

This was my 8th stay at HHV (including non-timeshare stays) over the last 10+ years and I've had a rental car for all 8 stays :wave:

Last edited:

llandaff

TUG Member
Reaction score
We rented a car the first couple of times in Waikiki but now we much prefer to use The Bus.

You can get virtually everywhere on the island relatively quickly and easily and it costs only $25 for a 4 day pass. :)

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I don't pay for Parking at HHV

All three are different.

Hilton is a great upscale resort in Waikiki
Westin is a great luxury resort in Ka'anapali
Disney is a great family destination resort in Ko Olina

At Disney's Aulani, we loved all of the special touches and the attention to detail throughout the resort. The rooms were nicely done and felt very comfortable. We actually picked up a DVD at the Community Center and watched a movie in the evening which we've never done during our Hawaii vacations.

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Overall it was very relaxing especially since the occupancy rate was at 51%. Disney not only has a lazy river. It also has a very wide stretch of beach with free lounge chairs. We can't wait to return.

6845766362_f8b8334217_z.jpg

Of course the food and drinks were overpriced. The ladies hospitality room is way too small. And I can't help but wonder how it will feel when occupancy is at 100% at Disney's Aulani.

There's no charge for parking at the Westin. At Disney, there's no charge for parking for DVC members. And of course, at Hilton everyone pays for parking.

Both Westin and Disney have ceiling fans in the bedrooms and fans in the bathrooms. LOL, just a pet peeve of mine with HHV :rofl:

I don't pay for parking at HHV. I don't get a car. You can either walk or take a bus to everything and maybe rent a car to go to unusual places for one day if you can't find enough to do in Waikiki and Honolulu. If you must rent a car stay at other places than HHV and Waikiki. Waikoloa has great free parking for Hilton Owners.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You could have saved lots of money!

Ditto !!

This was my 8th stay at HHV (including non-timeshare stays) over the last 10+ years and I've had a rental car for all 8 stays :wave:

I have had 4 stays of about 90 days each over the last 4 years and rented a car for one day each time to see other parts of the island. I couldn't have afforded renting a car for that long even if I wanted to which I didn't. We may have only stayed for 60 days each year and spent the other days home in freezing New York.

Think of all things you could have done with the money you would have saved!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I don't pay for parking at HHV. I don't get a car. You can either walk or take a bus to everything and maybe rent a car to go to unusual places for one day if you can't find enough to do in Waikiki and Honolulu. If you must rent a car stay at other places than HHV and Waikiki. Waikoloa has great free parking for Hilton Owners.

If you choose to vacation that way, that's fine. But to tell someone else that your way is the only way, it a very narrow-minded view. :rolleyes:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Think of all things you could have done with the money you would have saved!

I think of all the sights we would have missed and experienced with friends and relatives that stayed with us. For us, the rental car was well worth it.

chum94555

Reaction score
Lagoon tower

I loved your pics Thanks

I however do not see LAGOON TOWER when I log into my HGVC and new reservation system. Any idea why?

Thanks

ks

This was our ninth visit to Hawaii and our sixth stay at the Lagoon Tower in the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
Of course, we love it here :)

Our three bedroom penthouse unit was reserved during Club Season.

We discovered during check-in that we were assigned to the three bedroom oceanfront diamond head facing side (room 2466) however it only has two full bathrooms. I needed three private bathrooms for the adults we were traveling with. Luckily, they were able to reassign us to the oceanfront unit on the marina facing side (room 2467) which has three full bathrooms.

Here's a link to my photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/40089311@N05/sets/72157629608174187/show/

Enjoy !!

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5

HatTrick

Reaction score

Eleven stays at HHV since 2002 for us, each time with a rental car for the full time. Do I enjoy paying for parking? No, but having the car is total freedom.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
This was my 8th stay at HHV (including non-timeshare stays) over the last 10+ years and I've had a rental car for all 8 stays

Oops... correction
9th stay and rental car for all 9 stays

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
No, I thought I was inconsistent in this thread. :)

LOL, but it was correct :doh: I actually skip HHV one year and flew directly into Maui via Continental from Houston.
So this year was my 9th visit to Hawaii, 8th stay at the HHV, 6th stay in the Lagoon tower.