• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PIC and II

Reaction score
Before anyone says that an II resort cannot be part of the pic program, there was a brief period of time years ago that you could pic an II resort.

I do have an II resort that was put into the pic program, but I have never deposited it for the points.

Has anyone ever successfully done this?

I don't need the pic for VIP status, but I just need to know if I can deposit it, because that is how it will have the most value to me know. I used to use this resort, but no longer do. If not I will just remove it from my portfolio.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
What size unit and what is the MF? That is the real question. I have a PIC that can exchange II. I deposit it to RCI because of the unit size and MF.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Wyndham can't get into an II account to be able to rent out or use a deposited week in any way. They have the ability to deposit a wyndham week into II, that is all. If you have a contract that specifically states that your II only week is eligible for PIC, (even though you say you don't need it for status that would be all it is good for) then they may allow it to continue to be enrolled but like the current PIC express weeks, it can never be converted to Wyndham points because only weeks than can be deposited into an RCI weeks account at least 9 months prior to check in can be converted to Wyndham points through PIC. You can certainly deposit the week into II but there is no way to turn it into Wyndham points by doing so.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham can't get into an II account to be able to rent out or use a deposited week in any way. They have the ability to deposit a wyndham week into II, that is all. If you have a contract that specifically states that your II only week is eligible for PIC, (even though you say you don't need it for status that would be all it is good for) then they may allow it to continue to be enrolled but like the current PIC express weeks, it can never be converted to Wyndham points because only weeks than can be deposited into an RCI weeks account at least 9 months prior to check in can be converted to Wyndham points through PIC. You can certainly deposit the week into II but there is no way to turn it into Wyndham points by doing so.

It sounds as though it is already enrolled as a PIC. She just doesn't ever deposit it for Wyndham points. Unless it was really just a PIC Express.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It sounds as though it is already enrolled as a PIC. She just doesn't ever deposit it for Wyndham points. Unless it was really just a PIC Express.
I think the question is can she deposit in II and get wyndham points and the answer is no. Maybe years ago it was possible but there is no way now to deposit in II and convert those to useable wyndham points through a very old PIC contract that allowed II eligible weeks as part of PIC.

lisa1001

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a very old PIC Contract so it is definitely not pic express - I have enough points with my other PICS to maintain my plat (or whatever they call it now), so perhaps the time has come to let this one go.

Thanks

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a very old PIC Contract so it is definitely not pic express - I have enough points with my other PICS to maintain my plat (or whatever they call it now), so perhaps the time has come to let this one go.

Thanks

Are you PR or does this bring you over the 1.4 million? If you need it to hit the top level and it does it for you, I'd keep it.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Before anyone says that an II resort cannot be part of the pic program, there was a brief period of time years ago that you could pic an II resort.

I do have an II resort that was put into the pic program, but I have never deposited it for the points.

Is your resort dual affiliated or was it at one time. I know, from at least 2002, to be able to deposit to RCI was a requirement of PIC.

I would definitely check if your resort is able to deposit to RCI for you before doing anything else.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
If you don't need the resort for your VIP status and you never plan on using it for Wyndham points, you will be better off ending its use as a PIC week. You have been paying a program fee (currently $0.60 per point or $92.40 per year for a 2 BR) for having it as a PIC; there's no reason to keep paying that if you don't get anything in exchange for it from Wyndham. It might make a difference if it gets you over the threshold for the new program levels (1.4M points), but otherwise I would take it out if it were me.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Thanks

There's a limit of two PIC contracts per account, though if you have owned for a long time it's possible you may have PIC contracts that pre-date the maximum limit. Just be careful in dropping any PIC contracts that you have as most likely you will not be able to add any net new PIC contracts regardless of your length of ownership. Measure twice cut once type approach. :)

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
PIC limits were much higher before the 2 and 4 PIC limits.

Kendra ( maybe Bowers-forget her surname but a google search may find), one of the first major mega renters, PICed 13 or so South African weeks I believe.

Last edited: