TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Payment deferment

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by spartyfan17, Dec 6, 2017.

1. spartyfan17

spartyfan17 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham access owner
    so I called Wyndham to see if there were any option for my husband and I since we are going through some unforeseen financial difficulties. The gentleman I talked to told me that since I was current on my payments that they could not help until I was 60 days past due. This is very different than some of the posts I’ve read on here before. He then told after the 60 days we could discuss deferring or other possible options. Now I’m not sure if he’s just being nice or could it be that Wyndham is starting to care? I’m not holding my breath but so far it sounds different than what I’ve previously read. I guess time will tell...

2. raygo123

raygo123 TUG Member

Did they tell you at 60 days your credit stsrts to suffer?

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

3. md8287

md8287 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, HGVC, Harborside Atlantis, Westin Lagunamar & Kaanapali
    I fell for this unrelated to timeshares and it turned ugly after I passed the 60 days. No idea what Wyndham will do but be careful

4. spartyfan17

spartyfan17 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham access owner
    I’m aware, but to be honest, we might not have any other options.

5. spartyfan17

spartyfan17 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham access owner
    Me neither but from what I read previously people don’t qualify for the hardship program when they are still up to date on their payments. So maybe, jus maybe, with this we might qualify. I guess time will tell. I’m not too worried about my credit.

6. ronparise

ronparise TUG Member

I hope to have a name and number of someone within wyndham for you to call by next week... Im supposed to talk to my guy sometime Friday

7. spartyfan17

spartyfan17 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham access owner

8. md8287

md8287 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Would you consider selling? If so what is it that you own (where & points) and do you have a loan or is it just the monthly fee?

9. spartyfan17

spartyfan17 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham access owner
    We own 189,000 CWA points. We still most of our loan due (25K) and I doubt anyone would buy that for that amount.

10. md8287

md8287 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Unfortunately I believe you are correct but at least it’s out there