• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Paying MF with prepaid visa

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi tuggers

I have some $ funds on my PayPal account that I would like to use towards annual maintenance fee.

Can I buy a prepaid Visa card and partially pay my mf with that? I’m thinking of buying 5 x $100 and using them if possible.

Regards.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Hi tuggers

I have some $ funds on my PayPal account that I would like to use towards annual maintenance fee.

Can I buy a prepaid Visa card and partially pay my mf with that? I’m thinking of buying 5 x $100 and using them if possible.

Regards.
I'm guessing you would have to call customer service, as the web site doesn't allow partial payment or multiple fund sources. Otherwise, I see no reason why they would not allow the MF payment across multiple credit cards.

Kurt

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just tried to pay $5 towards my MF it seems that it’s possible however a checkbox pop up which says I need to pay full amount and if it’s not the full amount I need to call in.

I can however continue with the transaction just wondering if I do if they will charge the full amount to my card or the $5 I accepted they could charge me.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I haven't paid my 2019 MF yet, so maybe the website has changed. But last year I made two partial payments with $100 Hilton gift cards, then a third payment with a credit card for the balance, all online.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is what the checkbox says:

When making your payment online, transactions must be scheduled using today’s date only and must be the full amount due. It may take up to three business days to process some transactions.

To schedule a payment for a future date or to make a payment in an amount other than the full amount due, please call (888) 875-4479.

By clicking “submit payment” I authorize Hilton Grand Vacations to charge the credit card entered below in the amount specified above.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't paid my 2019 MF yet, so maybe the website has changed. But last year I made two partial payments with $100 Hilton gift cards, then a third payment with a credit card for the balance, all online.

Aarh nice. Thanks.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Why don't you just transfer the PayPal funds to an account you want to use, and pay the MF with that account?

Dave

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why don't you just transfer the PayPal funds to an account you want to use, and pay the MF with that account?

Dave

I’m a foreigner and the PayPal exchange rate to my own currency is terrible.

sophyly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Hi Cyberc,

May i asked, how it is to own a timeshare as non american?
I am an Asian living in middle east. I am not sure if I to own a timeshare like Marriott points and HGVC are something to consider. Thanks.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Cyberc,

May i asked, how it is to own a timeshare as non american?
I am an Asian living in middle east. I am not sure if I to own a timeshare like Marriott points and HGVC are something to consider. Thanks.

IMO it’s as easy if I was a regular US citizen. Only challenge is if I need to sell then i need to go to a US embassy to get the deed notarized.

Everything regarding ownership is done online so that’s not an issue.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
This must be new as I always break up the payments across gift cards and credit cards. It sounds like you might be able to do this by calling though. Please report back.

Last edited:

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
This must be new as I always break up the payments across gift cards and credit cards. It sounds like you might be able to do this by calling though. Please report back.

I tried it last year and prepaid cards works fine and partial payments work too.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Cyberc how does Paypal for gift cards work? Is there a PayPal fee?

There are no PayPal fees it’s just like buying regular gift cards. When I used PayPal I bought Disney gift cards and used those when paying my Disney dues.

For HGVC I bought a prepaid Visa card and used that. I won’t do that in the future as it’s too cumbersome and the visa cards charge a monthly fee or there is a markup when you buy the cards.

Going forward I’ll use TransferWise and/or Revolut as payment as Revolut don’t have any exchange markup on the rates so I can top up the card using my own currency and then exchange it with no loss.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@Cyberc you might also want to check out Hilton Gift cards as they have no fees and worked in the past. YMMV.