• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

paying maintenance fees with points?

Broubal

Reaction score
Leisure plan vs wyndham rewards

Thanks for the info, I am aware of the points that can be earned from various cards. What I am looking for is info on what benefits I may have. I purchaed in 2008 504,000 pts through Wyndham, at that time one of the benefits was the leisure plan. Through the years the plan i think was changed to Wyndham Rewards. One of their benefits was the Wyndham Rewards Credit Card. I am now qualified for that card, but i was told at a sales presentation I can use the card for purchases and earn points, but I cannot use it to redeem points (if I want to) to pay off maintenance fees (unless i purchased additional points)

Was this just a sales ploy to get me to purchase more points? Anyone know who i can call to ask? is this a Wyndham Rewards questions?

Ron2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek Resort and Wyndham CWA
Was this just a sales ploy to get me to purchase more points? Anyone know who i can call to ask? is this a Wyndham Rewards questions?

If you were told you are not allowed to redeem Wyndham Rewards points toward MF without additional points purchase, then they simply lied to you. As previously stated, the conversion of Rewards points to MF is terrible. In fact, unless you spend a lot of time staying at Wyndham affiliated hotels, the Wyndham Rewards Card is not a good choice. You don’t even need to own a Wyndham timeshare to have a Wyndham Rewards Card and conversely you don’t have to have a Wyndham Rewards Card if you’re in the Wyndham Rewards Program. Awhile back Wyndham gave us bonus points for a purchase we made. We were allowed to use the points for timeshare reservations or convert them to Wyndham Rewards Points. We chose Wyndham Rewards only because we didn’t need any more reservation points. We used part of it to buy gift cards and the rest was applied to MF. Although the conversion of points to dollars was terrible, since they gave it to us, we considered it free money (I know TUGgers will say it wasn’t free because we made a purchase, but that’s another story). By the way, we did not have a Wyndham Rewards Card when we did this.

The Wyndham Rewards Program Rules are found on the Club Wyndham Owners website. If for some reason, you don't have access to the website, send a PM and I'll send the info to you.

Last edited:

TravLer21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Rewards

Here's my situation. I have 651,000 points and have a Wyndham Rewards VISA. My monthly maintenance fee is $219.71. In order to pay my entire maintenance fee using Wyndham Rewards points, I would have to purchase $439,420.00 worth of goods annually (assuming $1=1 point). How's that for a deal. It sucks! Furthermore, we were told (at Alexandria Old Town Wyndham Resorts) that in order for us to use our Wyndham Rewards card to pay maintenance fees, we'd have to buy more points. Lies, lies, lies. To that end, I'm not buying a single additional point from Wyndham Resorts. Money is better spent elsewhere or donated to needy causes!

I have generally been pleased with staying at Wyndham Resorts properties. The best one can do is to use the points or give them to friends. :wall:

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Here's my situation. I have 651,000 points and have a Wyndham Rewards VISA. My monthly maintenance fee is $219.71. In order to pay my entire maintenance fee using Wyndham Rewards points, I would have to purchase $439,420.00 worth of goods annually (assuming $1=1 point). How's that for a deal. It sucks! Furthermore, we were told (at Alexandria Old Town Wyndham Resorts) that in order for us to use our Wyndham Rewards card to pay maintenance fees, we'd have to buy more points. Lies, lies, lies. To that end, I'm not buying a single additional point from Wyndham Resorts. Money is better spent elsewhere or donated to needy causes!

I have generally been pleased with staying at Wyndham Resorts properties. The best one can do is to use the points or give them to friends. :wall:

It is actually 2 points for each dollar spent. Which works out to about a 1.2% return if you use it on maintenance fees. Most cash back cards do about 1% or so. So it is about average among credit cards that pay some kind of reward. Still you would have to put upwards of $210,000.00 on the card each year in order to pay all your maintenance fees. That is certainly not in my income bracket. I put everything I can on my airline miles card, but it is not anywhere near that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TravLer21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maintenance fees

Thanks, Mark, for the correction. I'm not in that income bracket either. I'll likely go back to using my US Airways MasterCard for miles.

Best wishes.

Bill