• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pattern developing for getting points and night credit for night stays

nanceetom

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are seeing a pattern or rather a problem in seeing activity for our night stays in points for money spent, PP elite points, etc. In the last 6 six week, we stayed at the Marriott
Amsterdam, and 2 of the nights never showed up, but the one additional night we stayed on our return, did show up with the points from $$ spent and PP points and night stay. We also stayed at another hotel, Starwood, this time, waited our 10 days and no information showed. We had to make pictures of our bill and attach it to the missing stay form, and after 12 days, they responded and we got credit. Then in the states, we had a 3 day stay in a Marriott New York hotel. It has now been 13 days with nothing showing up in our activity account, we just submitted the photos of our receipts and submitted this this a.m. And, most likely, there will be an additonal one. We stayed at a Residence Inn 8 days ago,still no activity showing up. We will wait the required 10 days, and submit the photo of the receipt.
There seems to be a glitch in their system, since this has never happened to us in all the years we have been part of the rewards program. Anyone else experiencing this?

jeepie

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are seeing a pattern or rather a problem in seeing activity for our night stays in points for money spent, PP elite points, etc. In the last 6 six week, we stayed at the Marriott
Amsterdam, and 2 of the nights never showed up, but the one additional night we stayed on our return, did show up with the points from $$ spent and PP points and night stay. We also stayed at another hotel, Starwood, this time, waited our 10 days and no information showed. We had to make pictures of our bill and attach it to the missing stay form, and after 12 days, they responded and we got credit. Then in the states, we had a 3 day stay in a Marriott New York hotel. It has now been 13 days with nothing showing up in our activity account, we just submitted the photos of our receipts and submitted this this a.m. And, most likely, there will be an additonal one. We stayed at a Residence Inn 8 days ago,still no activity showing up. We will wait the required 10 days, and submit the photo of the receipt.
There seems to be a glitch in their system, since this has never happened to us in all the years we have been part of the rewards program. Anyone else experiencing this?
I only have one recent stay. 12 days ago, submitted form, waiting. Never had a problem before. Cheers.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
All of our recent stays have posted within 2-3 days, with one exception, a two might stay at an Autograph Collection property in Europe shortly after the system combination. We had to submit the missing stay form for that one, but all others have been fine, including a W Hotel in Spain on the same trip. Our several US stays since then have all posted fine.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
About a week ago I completed a stay at the Marriott in Freising, Bavaria, and the nights and points all posted within 3 days.

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are having trouble with this as well. Over two weeks ago (11 business days) we had two different rooms with different check in/check out days. The first reservation posted points within a few days. The second, longer stay has not posted. I suspect multiple concurrent reservations are the problem. I sent in the missing stay request with a copy of the bill. I realize we may not get credit for the nights as these were partially concurrent rooms. However we should receive the points for the money spent.

We have had multiple rooms in the past on several occasions and never had a problem. Points and night credits always posted with in a few days up to a week at the most. I think with the merger Marriott’s computer system is overwhelmed.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
All of our recent stays have shown up including MVC, cash, points and free certificate stays.

We are having trouble with this as well. Over two weeks ago (11 business days) we had two different rooms with different check in/check out days. The first reservation posted points within a few days. The second, longer stay has not posted. I suspect multiple concurrent reservations are the problem. I sent in the missing stay request with a copy of the bill. I realize we may not get credit for the nights as these were partially concurrent rooms. However we should receive the points for the money spent.

We have had multiple rooms in the past on several occasions and never had a problem. Points and night credits always posted with in a few days up to a week at the most. I think with the merger Marriott’s computer system is overwhelmed.
As I understand it we are not entitled to nights for stays that overlap. I know it often happens but it is not supposed to. You can try but I doubt you will. You should get the points for the spending as applicable but likely not "free" rewards for both. We put different rooms under different numbers now so we get credited for each.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
All of our recent stays have shown up including MVC, cash, points and free certificate stays.

As I understand it we are not entitled to nights for stays that overlap. I know it often happens but it is not supposed to. You can try but I doubt you will. You should get the points for the spending as applicable but likely not "free" rewards for both. We put different rooms under different numbers now so we get credited for each.

Correct. One is not supposed to earn more than one night per night. However, mistakes happen so YMMV.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
What if I stay at different resort in the same city with 1 overlap day? For example, grand vista 1 week with a sat overlap at Harbour lake so I won’t be homeless till checkin time after checkout from grand vista?Do I get credits for both if different resorts?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
What if I stay at different resort in the same city with 1 overlap day? For example, grand vista 1 week with a sat overlap at Harbour lake so I won’t be homeless till checkin time after checkout from grand vista?Do I get credits for both if different resorts?
In the past you would likely get credit for all 14 nights. That probably is still the case. The rules are that you shouldn't get them for both for the overlap time period. You are entitled for the non overlap days. If you aren't credited for the overlap night you are not likely to get it because of the rules.

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I realize we may not get nights credit for concurrent stays. (Although we have sometimes in the past, it just depends on the hotel.) We still have not received MRP for the money spent. This is the more important issue. As platinum premier those points add up fast.

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
I have the same problem. A 2 night stay in Lincoln, Nebraska in October did not show up. I submitted my missing stay request and waited. Nothing so I called and was told that they are backed up and to wait another week so I will see if they fix it by Monday before calling again. I need those 2 nights to maintain status!

nanceetom

TUG Member
Reaction score
As noted in my post, this is the third and now fourth time it has happened. We have had to send a photo copy of each bill on the missing stay page. It took 10 full days for the first 2, to get the points and night stay, we got the other 2 stays this a.m., after 10+ days. It is a bit of an inconvenience, but mostly wondering, why? This had never happened before. In between these stays, we had 2 others that went through as normal. Must be glitches in system that need to be resolved. At least, they are posting after submitting.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Completed a 7 night timeshare stay and the nights posted yesterday, on day 5 after check out. I did put my rewards number at check in. Maybe so far just lucky since so far my stays r posting fine.. On the other hand, a sling load of points I transferred from Chase bank to Marriott from my reserve card have gone missing. Marriott says it's Chase bank, Chase says it's Marriott :shrug::(

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update: 4 weeks after our stay and 2 weeks after I submitted the missing stay I called and ONLY THEN did the points and days show up in our account. I think it has to do with the hotel to some degree. I say this because my husband had a stay at a different hotel during this time period and it posted within 48 hours.

We received partial (2 out of three) nights credit for the second room. :shrug: I’m not sure how this happened...the whole thing was odd.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
We don't usually have an issue but did have a problem getting points credited for a one night paid stay back in May. When we checked in I was able to get a free upgrade under (the old) Platinum status. Took the front desk person a long time to process it even though rooms were plentiful. Anyway, after not getting points credited my Dh called and it took a little investigating to see what had happened. Turned out that during the free room upgrade process the front desk person was having a difficult time to get it to go through properly so she used a wholesale code, which isn't eligible for points. Mystery solved and something to keep in mind if it happens again.