• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Paris Tours

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
We enjoyed the Paris Catacombs. Long time ago, but then we were like the only people in there. I don't even recall there being a charge. I see there is now and I see all kinds of tour companies are advertising "skip the lines" tours. Kind of like Stonehenge in England. It used to just a place where one could pull off onto the shoulder of the road and walk over to. I see now it has a visitor center, parking lot and entrance fee. Ah, times they do change...

Tamino

Reaction score
Dori, according to the Paris Walks website, their tours cost 15€ per adult. It is the Paris Greeters which are free and which I might tip 10€ or so.

If you have found a free Paris Walks tour, a tip of 10€ to 15€ would be appropriate.

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all for your excellent suggestions! We are leaving tonight and are so excited! We did cancel the free walking tour along the Seine, but booked a free tour of Montmartre the day after we arrive. We also booked a 2-day Hop-on-Hop-off Big Bus tour with a Seine River Tour for Friday. We are planning to visit The Louvre on Saturday or Sunday, and spend lots of time just walking and visiting the sights. Still debating catching one of the Moulin Rouge shows, but they are sooooooo hugely expensive!

Dori

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bon jour! Just checking to tell you all that we had a fabulous trip to Paris. We flew on Icelandair through Reykjavik. Although we flew Economy Lite (no checked-in baggage, no meals), we were quite impressed with the flight and service.

Upon arrival at CDG airport, in Paris, we took Paris shuttle van service, which we had pre-booked on Viator. Our hotel, the Ibis Paris Montmartre, was quite nice, and very clean. Of course, the room was quite small (like most European hotel room), but it served its purpose well. Our son thoughtfully booked the daily breakfast for us, and it was so nice to start the day without having to go out to get coffee!

We wound up doing a Montmartre walking tour with Paris Greeters, and our guide was very informative and entertaining. The only cost was a tip. The following day, we did the Big Red Bus Hop-on-Hop-off Tour, which we had pre-booked on Viator. I would highly recommend this, as we saw all the major tourist attractions, with audio commentary. We got off at several different spots to take a closer look, and stopped for lunch by the Eiffel Tower and took a one-hour boat trip down the Seine.

We loved eating at the little cafes, sitting outside at the little tables, and Paris-watching as people strolled by. We couldn't get over the high prices for food! It was cheaper to order wine than pop or coffee!

On the second day of our Red Bus pass, we did the Montmartre Route, and then switched to the city route. We got off at The Louvre and spent several hours wandering this vast museum. It was incredible to see the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo and other famous works of art. We strolled the Tuilerie Gardens as well.

We ventured into the subway system to go to Musee D'Orsay, which is housed in an old train station. We saw many beautiful works by impressionists such as Monet and Manet.

This was such a great trip for us, getting to see and experience the highlights of this beautiful city. Thanks to you all for your insights and suggestions.

Dori

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
We loved eating at the little cafes, sitting outside at the little tables, and Paris-watching as people strolled by. We couldn't get over the high prices for food! It was cheaper to order wine than pop or coffee Dori

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! Great it went well! It's been a very long time since I have been to Paris but I recall that then prices were higher if you ate out on the sidewalks than if you sat inside. Just as in Italy now, you will see so many Italians standing at coffee shop bars as the coffee is cheaper than if you sit at their tables.

Tamino

Reaction score
Upon arrival at CDG airport, in Paris, we took Paris shuttle van service, which we had pre-booked on Viator.

You don´t say how much you paid for this shuttle but the taxi fare from the official taxi queue at CDG to Montmartre is fixed at 50€ for up to 4 people. Taxi drivers are not tipped.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
I am also planning to visit to Paris next month. Pretty much excited for that.
Mary, how was your visit? We are going next year around the same time...early May. How was weather and how did you find the touring? Great suggestions from all...Thanks for the advice!

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please do not wear tennis shoes then they will know you are an American tourist.

Not only did I see a lot of people who definitely weren’t American wearing sneakers, I saw a lot of jeans and denim. I also saw local girls wearing short shorts that would make the teens in my area blush.

lorenmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
we did our absolute favorite tour while in Paris. we are on a 2 month vacation in Europe and in each city we sign up for a bike tour. these are made for non bikers so don't be afraid. we went with Fat tire bikes and did a Paris evening tour. it was fantastic. we rode the city we controlled the streets and we went on a one hour boat ride on the Seine and ended at the Eiffel tower watching the light show. can't say enough good things about Fat tire bikes. we also did a tour with them to Versailles which was also excellent but Paris at night was unforgettable