• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Paradise Village, Nuevo Vallarta - owners update

terrisandrew

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a week at Paradise Village - we own a week which was purchase resale 20 years ago - Thanks TUG. Have not been to an owners update in many years and figured we would give it a go. The numbers came down to this - 15200 points (RTU till 2048) at a net price of $9600 (this includes the "equity" from my current purchase). The only interesting feature was that they have a program were if you don't use your points you don't need to pay the MF (minus a processing charge of $100). I would have been tempted if the price was in the 2-3K since this is double our current points and figure this is what transfer fees would be on a resale. I did not get into negotiating and walked away - maybe another time. Just though someone may be interested in what the developer is offering. We had a great week there as always.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
So 30 year RTU . Cost not to use a year = $ 420 ( $ 100 + $ 320 / 30 yrs x $ 320 = $ 9600)

I’m guessing (from reading TUG & ebay listings) that 15,200 points gets one week in. a 2 bedroom in high / snowbird season -
(and more if you get a smaller unit / garden view / other seasons )- for a MF around $ 1000 .
If you can fill in the detail , please do . / When does the RTU expire on your current contract ?

Thanks for the update / I am sure existing PV owners will appreciate the info .

Last edited:

terrisandrew

TUG Member
Reaction score
So to clarify what was offered:
$9600 in cash today bought me 15200 points till 2048.
MF currently $1088 per year.
If I did not want to use my annual points in the future the MF would be $100 (service fee) for that year.
My current RTU is good through 2033.

Some examples of what you could get:
2 weeks in a one bedroom (marina view) in the high season (not including Christmas, New Year and Easter).
1 week in a two bedroom (ocean view) in the high season including the holiday weeks.
1 week in a three bedroom (ocean view) in the high season (not including Christmas, New Year and Easter) or a marina view during the holiday weeks.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Resale comparison - Nov 2018
Sold on ebay

5200 points - biennial odd ( points good for 2 years ) /( ebay listed as a studio)
MF $ 425.04- due odd years .
RTU expires 2033

Resort transfer fee : $ 890
All fees paid by seller / except $ 1 - cost of bid

I recall , a recent similar ebay listing for 5200 points yearly had a resort transfer
fee of $ 1290 listed .

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
... we own a week which was purchase resale 20 years ago .......The numbers came down to this - 15200 points (RTU till 2048) at a net price of $9600 (this includes the "equity" from my current purchase). The only interesting feature ...a program were if you don't use your points you don't need to pay the MF (minus a processing $100). .....I would have been tempted if the price was in the 2-3K since this is double our current points and figure this is what transfer fees would be on a resale. .

I think you are correct that $ 2000- 3000 would be the Pariadise Village transfer cost of a resale contract with 15,200 annual points .