• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Panama City Beach - Jet Ski Rental and other to dos

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll be in PCB 6/11-6/16 staying at the Wyndham PCB. I've been looking into renting a jet ski and have found a few places. Some require you to have experience. There are a few that offer a 2 hour guided tour to see dolphins. Are there any recommendations for a place to rent from? What other activities should I try? I was there last year but mainly hung out at the resort.

Note: I'll be by myself the whole week so it would need to be something 1 person can do and enjoy.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
When we stayed in PCB late last August we ate at the Firefly restaurant and highly recommend it. We ate there probably five nights the week we were there as my husband was working and on expense account so we only had to pay for my meal. We ate at another restaurant that is highly recommended but the food and service weren't nearly as good and the prices were higher too.

One of us usually paid the additional $2 to get the she crab soup and it was excellent. We did try their other soups and they were also great. When we go out to eat at places that offer the soup or salad with the meal, one of us usually orders the soup and the other the salad and we share. Another option was an additional $5 to upgrade to the hydroponic butter lettuce salad with strawberries, goat cheese, warm butter pecan dressing. Also excellent. The cajun pasta is a huge serving if you are a big eater. Along with the cajun pasta we would also highly recommend the crab cakes, the beef tenderloin medallions and the salmon. The yellowfin tuna was also very good but a smaller meal. My husband isn't a big beef eater but after trying a taste of my beef tenderloin medallions he ordered it for himself the next night. The only meal on the sunset menu that we didn't try was oven roasted chicken.

They also have an excellent sushi menu too. Late one night after the dining room was closed we ate in the bar section of the restaurant and we each had one of the rolls and loved them too. We enjoyed watching watching their sushi expert? (sorry but I don't know what the correct term is) prepare our rolls.

SUNSET SPECIAL 5:00–6:30 DAILY
$14.95 Entrees include choice of House Salad or Soup du Jour

APPETIZERS
  • ESCARGOT IN A PUFF PASTRY
    lemon butter, white wine garlic sauce

• FIREFLY HOUSE SALAD
    mixed seasonal greens, grape tomatoes, cucumber, carrots

• SPICED PUMPKIN
  • PEPPERED RINGS OF CALAMARI
    garlic peppercorn dipping sauce

• SHE CRAB SOUP
    puff pastry, cream sherry. our signature she-crab soup may be substituted for soup or salad for an extra $2.00.

• SOUP DU JOUR
ENTREES
  • CAJUN PASTA
    sautéed shrimp, andouille sausage, crawfish tails, cajun cream sauce, penne pasta

• OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN
    roasted potatoes, Baby Carrots, Chicken Jus

• PAN SEARED ATLANTIC SALMON
    honey-ginger-soy, herb roasted yukon gold potatoes, & sautéed spinach

• PAN SEARED CRAB CAKES
    creamy mashed potatoes, tropical fruit relish & snap beans

• SEARED YELLOWFIN TUNA
    cucumber & radish salad, soy lime vinaigrette

• BEEF TENDERLOIN MEDALLIONS
    Whipped Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus, Sauce Bernaise

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
A couple of years ago, my wife ate six dozen oysters at Shuckum's, just up the road from Wyndham PCB.

Good oysters at Gene's in Panama City, too.