• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pacific Property Transfer - Scam Artists?

Dorian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update

Sorry folks, I had been on travel for work and hadn't checked this thread for a few days.

I am out $400.25. This includes the winning bid and a couple of transfer fees. They also argued with me to pay a $200 RCI membership fee but I explained to them that I was already a member and they finally relented. $400.25 is not a tremendous amount of cash but enough that I will do whatever I can to recover it. Both the BBB and CA Attorney Generals office have sent these folks letters giving them the opportunity to respond. If that fails I will file a criminal complaint. They took my cash and will not respond to calls or emails. In my opinion it amounts to theft. If it were just $1.25 Id never have even bothered to ask the original question, I'd have just let it go. Sorry for not listing the total loss in the first email.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry folks, I had been on travel for work and hadn't checked this thread for a few days.

I am out $400.25. This includes the winning bid and a couple of transfer fees. They also argued with me to pay a $200 RCI membership fee but I explained to them that I was already a member and they finally relented. $400.25 is not a tremendous amount of cash but enough that I will do whatever I can to recover it. Both the BBB and CA Attorney Generals office have sent these folks letters giving them the opportunity to respond. If that fails I will file a criminal complaint. They took my cash and will not respond to calls or emails. In my opinion it amounts to theft. If it were just $1.25 Id never have even bothered to ask the original question, I'd have just let it go. Sorry for not listing the total loss in the first email.

Who was the ebay seller?

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
The deed is only in their name if it was recorded with the county. Otherwise, it may have been simply a draft that was prepared for review by the buyer, but never filed wi the county. This could be checked with the county for a fee I believe, something like $20.

In post #4 the OP stated "And yes, I have a recorded deed with my name on it"

I would be more worried about this than anything else for now.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
In post #4 the OP stated "And yes, I have a recorded deed with my name on it"

I would be more worried about this than anything else for now.

Correct, OP said that, and it may well be true. However, I was not sure that OP said this at simply seeing a legal document with their name on it, which could simply have been a draft prepared that was never actually executed with the county. That was what I wanted to clarify.

EDIT. In rereading, #4, what is interesting is the highlight below

I am confused as well! And yes, I have a recorded deed with my name on it. Not sure how this could have even happened but Vacation Village states that because the other guys was recorded first that is the one they will honor. It's all very confusing. At the very least the Attorney General will have a new case opened with their office.

The first? The resort is honoring the first deed they received (I am assuming the resort has not been presented with enough info to accurately determine which deed was recorded first). If, IF, Dorian's deed was actually filed with the county, then Dorian could be the owner of record for a property the resort does not recognize him/her as the owner.

Although, I would think that if there had been two deeds attempted to be recorded, the second one would have been rejected since it would be conveying title from a non-owner (non-owner meaning the original owner, as the first deed recorded would have already conveyed title to a new owner), and thus I would presume that it can not be reconveyed to someone else.

Last edited:

lcml11

Reaction score
The deed is only in their name if it was recorded with the county. Otherwise, it may have been simply a draft that was prepared for review by the buyer, but never filed wi the county. This could be checked with the county for a fee I believe, something like $20.

It is my understanding that most recorder of deeds office only check or a few things. They do not mediate or decide on conflicting claims for ownership. If it was a quit claim deed, then the only thing transfered under the deed would be ownership interests that the seller actually owns.

The bottom line is probably that neither party has clear title to the unit. The resort cannot award usage to both parties.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is my understanding that most recorder of deeds office only check or a few things. They do not mediate or decide on conflicting claims for ownership. If it was a quit claim deed, then the only thing transfered under the deed would be ownership interests that the seller actually owns.

The bottom line is probably that neither party has clear title to the unit. The resort cannot award usage to both parties.

Understand, but they at least check the owner of record from whom the property is being conveyed, no? Could i file a deed with the county that shows the conveyance from an owner who is not the last owner of record with the county?

Also, my original point related to my recent sale of an Orlando timeshare. The buyer and I were sent a copy of the prepared deed that was to be recorded with the county. Had I been told that this was the recorded deed, I would not have thought twice about it, being unsophisticated.

lcml11

Reaction score
Understand, but they at least check the owner of record from whom the property is being conveyed, no? Could i file a deed with the county that shows the conveyance from an owner who is not the last owner of record with the county?

Also, my original point related to my recent sale of an Orlando timeshare. The buyer and I were sent a copy of the prepared deed that was to be recorded with the county. Had I been told that this was the recorded deed, I would not have thought twice about it, being unsophisticated.

Yes, that is my understanding, when one of my attornies did this, it was to eliminate possable claims against an Estate timeshare that I was taking over. I cannot say enough when one gets into situations like this the absolutly best course of action is to retain a qualified attorney. And, yes the problems associated with the gaining clear title or getting out of a game where a piece of real estate was put in your name can get expensive and you could have significantly more in costs than you would think. But, the possable future problems could far outweigh this cost.

Again, I am not an attorney, but in my experience, in the example you cite, they only check to see that there is a seller (not necessarily an owner), address of seller, real basic stuff.

For the sake of the poster, I hope the administrative complaints work out for her. If it was a honest mistake, I am confused as to why the re-seller has not taken care of this. That would be the cheapest way to solve it.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
In my opinion, this company will definitely refund Dorian's money. Negative posts like this for Pacific Transfer and the seller will result in even lower bid prices on the same listings of the better sellers. Not refunding Dorian's money will hurt the company's bottom-line.

If all of the tens of thousands of TUG members, guests, and lurkers could see more specific information, rather than the OP's vague posting (which is being missed by most people), then the OP would get the money back.

So someone should either change the name of this thread, or start a new thread entitled, "Pacific Transfer and this ebay seller (insert name here) stole $400.25. Caveat Emptor."

Just saying....

lcml11

Reaction score
In my opinion, this company will definitely refund Dorian's money. Negative posts like this for Pacific Transfer and the seller will result in even lower bid prices on the same listings of the better sellers. Not refunding Dorian's money will hurt the company's bottom-line.

If all of the tens of thousands of TUG members, guests, and lurkers could see more specific information, rather than the OP's vague posting (which is being missed by most people), then the OP would get the money back.

So someone should either change the name of this thread, or start a new thread entitled, "Pacific Transfer and this ebay seller (insert name here) stole $400.25. Caveat Emptor."

Just saying....

Or better yet, I believe TUG does permit a response from a business that has received bad press here a one time good deal to respond to it. I see there name enough that my guess is that they monitor this forum.

It would be nice to see them respond that the issue has been taken care of if the facts as presented are correct.

Dorian

TUG Member
Reaction score
One thing I should point out folks is that my story gets a little vague and confusing at times because I have spoken to folks at Pacific, Vacation, and the seller several times and it seems that I get different information with each new person I talk to. For example, I have call Vacation Village at least fifteen times over this issue trying to find out the status and then get sorted out the deed. I get a different person each time I call there and when I bring up something I was told on a previous call to them the new person says "Hmm, I'm not sure where you got that information because I'm not seeing that in your notes". It's all been very confusing to me so I apologize for the vague statements. The one comment I made about the deed being recorded in my name I am still trying to figure out if that is true. I was told this on one call to Vacation Village where the woman told me that the deed was recorded in both names but because they received the other parties first that is the name they awarded the timeshare to and understandably they don't want to get in the middle of this issue. Then when I spoke to another person there later on they said they didn't show anything in their information that a deed was ever put in my name. This is the reason for me not having solid facts in what I an saying here.

*** Edited to add that in my first post in this thread I made mention of the copy of the deed they sent to me. I only received what appears to be page 1 of 4. I will check with the Clerk of Courts on Osceola, Florida tomorrow to see what they think happened on their end. If in fact it was recorded in both names I want to know who's name was it recorded in first. If it is my name then they need to get this fixed with Vacation Village ASAP. If it was recorded in the other persons name first then I still expect Pacific (the seller) to rectify this and they can go after the guy that asked them to sell this property for them.***

Just want to say that I am willing to give Pacific the benefit of the doubt, even after all the delays, mistakes, and lies that I have had to deal with. If the original owner went and sold the property to another party and they recorded the deed first Pacific can't be blamed for that. I completely understand that. What I have a problem with is that I believe they knew this happened much sooner than I found out and kept delaying me as they tried to get it sorted out. Then when I caught on to what happened and told them I knew what had happened, they quit communicating with me. I used to get prompt responses to my emails and phone calls and that just stopped abruptly. I haven't heard from them in nearly a month now. If they were to give me another property of similar value that would be an awesome gesture of good will but at this point I don't expect that and to just get refunded I'd be thrilled. They could easily fix this but for some reason just decided to keep the money and wish me to go away.

I know that there are risks involved in buying resales on eBay. I saw the 99% approval rating by the seller and I know they move a lot of properties so I didn't even think this could happen. If I'd been scammed by some guy on Craigslist I would have chalked it up to my own stupidity but in this case I thought I could trust this group to at least be professional and I was wrong and paid for it.

Again, I apologize for the confusion in my comments but one certain fact in all this is that Pacific Property Transfer took my money, I received nothing in return for it, and now won't return it or even respond to my inquiries even after my threats to engage the BBB and CA Attorney Generals office, which I have done and they are investigating. If that fails I will file a criminal complaint and take them to small claims court.

Last edited:

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
File a small claims court against the person who got your money. They cannot keep your money for selling something that wasn't available to sell.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

For many counties they don't check squat! You could put the same deed in 10 different names. They are just a recorder of information.

Dorian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deed update

I did confirm with the Osceola, Florida Clerk of Courts that there were in fact two deed recorded for the same property. Unfortunately for me, the other persons was recorded four days before mine. If the folks at Pacific Property Transfer hadn't erred by sending a check made out to the wrong party on their first attempt this never would have happened. I will have to find an avenue to make sure my name gets off any recorded deed for that property. The guy at the clerk of courts office said he couldn't help me and that "We just file the paperwork, we don't get into legal issues" and I expect that is an accurate statement.

So, at this point I will wait for the results of the CA Attorney Generals and BBB inquiries. If those both fail in at least getting me my money refunded I will file a case in small claims court and will explore the option of filing criminal charges of fraud, theft, and/or swindle.

I will keep you all posted and will continue to spread the warning wherever I can that Pacific Property Transfer in Torrance, CA are scam artists and thieves.

lcml11

Reaction score
I did confirm with the Osceola, Florida Clerk of Courts that there were in fact two deed recorded for the same property. Unfortunately for me, the other persons was recorded four days before mine. If the folks at Pacific Property Transfer hadn't erred by sending a check made out to the wrong party on their first attempt this never would have happened. I will have to find an avenue to make sure my name gets off any recorded deed for that property. The guy at the clerk of courts office said he couldn't help me and that "We just file the paperwork, we don't get into legal issues" and I expect that is an accurate statement.

So, at this point I will wait for the results of the CA Attorney Generals and BBB inquiries. If those both fail in at least getting me my money refunded I will file a case in small claims court and will explore the option of filing criminal charges of fraud, theft, and/or swindle.

I will keep you all posted and will continue to spread the warning wherever I can that Pacific Property Transfer in Torrance, CA are scam artists and thieves.

If you have not tried contacting the Broker directly, you might try contacting him at the name and address on the following thread:

http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revi...ic-Property-Transfer-in-Torrance-CA-100109267

Also, if this is a Flordia Timeshare, you may want to contact the Flordia folk also.

Last edited:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score

Wow, glad you confirmed. That is just horrible. I will never purchase from selltimeshare.org or deal with Pacific Property Transfer, that's for sure. Hope you can get this all worked out. For what it's worth, CJ Timeshares (has a couple diff seller names) and Timesharepro have been good for me on the ebay front. But don't you worry about that until you get this fiasco taken care of.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pacific Transfer

They have a bunch of 5 year old's working there. Same thing happened to me, sold me the wrong unit. Finally got my money back after 6 months.

lcml11

Reaction score
They have a bunch of 5 year old's working there. Same thing happened to me, sold me the wrong unit. Finally got my money back after 6 months.

Did you ever get your name off the deed or are you still the owner of record on the most recently filed deed? By the way, why are you insulting five years old? That is not very nice.

Dorian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, glad you confirmed. That is just horrible. I will never purchase from selltimeshare.org or deal with Pacific Property Transfer, that's for sure. Hope you can get this all worked out. For what it's worth, CJ Timeshares (has a couple diff seller names) and Timesharepro have been good for me on the ebay front. But don't you worry about that until you get this fiasco taken care of.

Thanks for the tip! I have been watching a couple of CJ's but want to hold off on bidding until this other issue is cleared up. Don't want to end up with it after all and I then have three of them!

Thanks again!

Dorian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get your name off the deed or are you still the owner of record on the most recently filed deed? By the way, why are you insulting five years old? That is not very nice.

My name is on the deed most recently recorded and the guy that had his filed was dome four days before mine. His is the deed that Vacation Village received first so they awarded the property to him. That's fine I guess but the deed with my name on it still exists and is in some sort of limbo. The gentleman at the Clerk of Courts in Osceola, Florida says he couldn't just tear mine up as they simply process paperwork and won't get in the middle of this legal fiasco. My assumption is that Pacific Property Transfer will have to re-contact them to clear up the mistake since they are the folks who handled the transaction, very poorly. Now if Pacific would just be professional and respond maybe we could make some headway here and get this cleared up one way or another. I am still holding out hope that to make up for this they give me an RCI property of at least equal annual points.

lcml11

Reaction score
My name is on the deed most recently recorded and the guy that had his filed was dome four days before mine. His is the deed that Vacation Village received first so they awarded the property to him. That's fine I guess but the deed with my name on it still exists and is in some sort of limbo. The gentleman at the Clerk of Courts in Osceola, Florida says he couldn't just tear mine up as they simply process paperwork and won't get in the middle of this legal fiasco. My assumption is that Pacific Property Transfer will have to re-contact them to clear up the mistake since they are the folks who handled the transaction, very poorly. Now if Pacific would just be professional and respond maybe we could make some headway here and get this cleared up one way or another. I am still holding out hope that to make up for this they give me an RCI property of at least equal annual points.

Did you call the Broker?

lcml11

Reaction score
They are under a different name but they are the same company as Pacific Property Transfer. They are one and the same.

What is the name they are operating under?

Dorian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bumping to the top of the board and will do so weekly until this has been resolved. Want to warn others NOT to do business with Pacific Property Transfer.