TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Owner Update

Discussion in 'Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood)' started by BCIRIS, Nov 13, 2017.

1. BCIRIS

BCIRIS TUG Member

My family is heading to Vistana Villages Saturday. I got a phone call today verifying some info to confirm me. As a part of that call they laid the groundwork for the owner update they are goi g to try to schedule us for. Any idea what the offer is for attending? Is there ever any good info? They are claiming this is part two to discuss the Vistana purchase.

2. wtrjock

wtrjock Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Kaanapali North
    You usually get 6500 SPG points for going to an update. They will try to pressure you into the Sheraton Flex program. I don't think it is a good deal, but YMMV.

3. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

It is a straight up SALES presentation, and they will try to get you to convert your deeded weeks to FlexOptions.

Don't do it! It's more expensive and is not a good value.

Also - FlexOptions are voluntary - which means they have no resale value, because the Staroption don't transfer when you resale them.

K&PFitz likes this.
  4. r1lee

r1lee Guest

Resorts Owned:
    WKV, SVV
    I usually skip all owners update in svv and svr. Just because the value of the $100 credit is useless since we never buy anything at the resort.

5. crisby

crisby TUG Member

We attended the update at SVV last month. They mainly pushed the Flex program and we managed to get out in 90 minutes (versus the 75 minutes they promised), and we received a $100 Darden gift card. We ordered takeout from Olive Garden which lasted for two days of meals at our timeshare, and there was enough left on the card for us to have lunch at a steakhouse on our drive home. Worth the time.

r1lee likes this.
  6. Sea Six

Sea Six TUG Member

My sentiments exactly - plus the staff at VV is just plain RUDE. I always figured since the VSE HQ is a short distance away, they send all the sales-people-in-training to VV and VR, and they are fresh out of school OBNOXIOUS

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  7. K&PFitz

K&PFitz TUG Member

We received a $100 visa gift card in October, usable anywhere. Don't go. The presentation was the beginning of a nightmare for us, resolved with the help of TUG, as I've related in an older thread.

8. Helios

Helios TUG Member

I have had mixed experiences, but I agree they are mostly rude.

Now days, I only go when I have nothing better to do or when I want to mess with them...Yes, you read that right, when I want to mess with them...there is not much they can sell me and they know it as soon as they know how many units and SOs I own. They don't even know about my MVC and HGVC VOIs...

I will say, my worst experience ever was at SBP...not including one presentation I attended at Flamingos in PVR.

9. YYJMSP

YYJMSP TUG Member

we sick our 14yrs old on them during the update and she happily looks at the pictures on the screen and in the books and let's them know "stayed there, saw that" and how the system really works...

and they pay us to watch!

10. Helios

Helios TUG Member