• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Overlapping Grand Luxxe exchanges using II

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
We already had a Grand Luxxe Neuvo Vallarta 2 bedroom exchange through II for April 28 through May 5, and now just did a 3 bedroom exchange for May 4 through May 11 to extend the vacation by 6 days. The exchanges overlap by one day. I am the II member and I am staying in both rooms. Are there any issues that come up with multiple or overlapping reservations at Vidanta Grand Luxxe, both done using II exchanges?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
No problem - you will need to change units because one is a 2-bedroom and one is a 2-bedroom. Just talk to them at the front desk of the first one and let them know. You will probably move out of the first one on the overlapping day and then enjoy the larger unit for the entire week.

I always try to get the same size unit so that we do not have to move if we are in the same resort as it makes it like a travel day when you move. We change resorts all the time though, so moving is not a big deal for us.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The Vidanta resorts in RCI include the following in the urgent information part: "Multiple and consecutive reservations must start in the same day of the week." (That's from the Grand Bliss & Grand Mayan NV, Grand Luxxe, when available through the platinum priority access part of RCI only allow one stay per year per type and leave it as a bit of an open question whether switching room types (i.e., resort ids) would have the same requirement.) I'm not in II, so couldn't tell you what type of limitations they have. If it were me, I would contact Vidanta Customer Service (800-292-8446 U.S. or CustomerService@Vidanta.com) and ask them, or at least let them know you're not checking in on the first day of the second reservation, if that's how you do the switch.

The one thing I'd add to what Phyllis said is that they won't give you the second room until after 5:00 pm (or fairly close to that) on the day you check in to it. You may be best off checking out late on the 6th day of the first week from the first room so you can avoid being in limbo for the day waiting to get the second room. Otherwise, keep your bathing suits out of the luggage when you move and spend the day at the pool.

The other option you'd have is to volunteer to downgrade to a 2 BR for the second week in order to avoid moving. They might let you do that when you check in if they've got the spare capacity, which is probably the case that time of year, so they can use the 3 BR upgrade as an inducement for someone to go to a sales pitch.