• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
is there something that prevents you from getting rid of the worldmark week before the massanutten week?

THope

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten, Worldmark
It is easier to use and may keep if I can get rid of Massanutten week

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I have a Worldmark by Wyndham points. Have you heard of them taking that back?
Worldmark points continue to maintain brisk resale interest. Assuming the Worldmark contract is paid off, you could either give it away or even recoup some monies if listed on TUG's bargain board. The buyer will pay all fees on completing the transfer.

frog4ever

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called the Ovations for a Shell West home club contract and they said it would take 6 to 8 weeks for them to email me the paper work. Anybody else heard that?

Thanks
Kristy

Reaction score
I’ve got over 600,000 points at Wyndham Smoky Mountains. I’ve decided it’s time to get rid of them due to the over $300 monthly maintenance fees. I’m trying to decide if I want to sell them or take an Ovation offer. I have a few questions about Ovation.

Can you call the Ovation number and just inquire about what they will give you or once you call they have to make you an offer?

Has anyone been able to negotiate with Wyndham a selling price or bonus points, or do they just tell you what they will give you?

What happens if they make you an offer, but you decide against it after the 21 day period? Can you call them back later to see what they will give you?

Thanks for your help!!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve got over 600,000 points at Wyndham Smoky Mountains. I’ve decided it’s time to get rid of them due to the over $300 monthly maintenance fees. I’m trying to decide if I want to sell them or take an Ovation offer. I have a few questions about Ovation.

Can you call the Ovation number and just inquire about what they will give you or once you call they have to make you an offer?

Has anyone been able to negotiate with Wyndham a selling price or bonus points, or do they just tell you what they will give you?

What happens if they make you an offer, but you decide against it after the 21 day period? Can you call them back later to see what they will give you?

Thanks for your help!!

They will offer zero. But if you negotiate really well..... it will still be zero unless you purchased from Wyndham. If that's the case they will give you 3 years of points and no fees

You could probably sell on eBay or on the tuv marketplace and get more

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

Thanks for your help!!
As far as I know there is no payment and no negotiation. Your offer will be that they will take you points and you get nothing and pay nothing. Or if you bought your points retail you may be offered the nothing option or you might be offered 3 years worth of points to use over the next 3 yeas (600,000 per year). You would lose online access and you would be able to use only at a select subset of Wyndham resorts. I am not sure but it might be similar to Discovery inventory. If you bought your points resale you will not get the points without MF offer only the take back for no money.
You are not obligated if you get an offer but there is a time limit and if you do not accept you would need to call and go through the offer process again.

Wyndham has been more selective for both programs in 2017 vs late 2015 early 2016 when they seemed to at least accept back just about everything from everyone. They can stop the program completely at any time.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I have an Tamarack EOY odd contract that I bought resale, but the points were stripped. The seller paid the MF on the contract until this year because at the time, we thought I could credit pool the 2019 points. Unfortunately, I did not credit pool before the new system cut-off. I am going to see if I can give the contract back through Ovation.
Does anyone have any other suggestions, if Wyndham does not take back the contract?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Wyndham may make you pay the 2018 MF or they may make you wait until 2019 to use ovations.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I have an Tamarack EOY odd contract that I bought resale, but the points were stripped. The seller paid the MF on the contract until this year because at the time, we thought I could credit pool the 2019 points. Unfortunately, I did not credit pool before the new system cut-off. I am going to see if I can give the contract back through Ovation.
Does anyone have any other suggestions, if Wyndham does not take back the contract?
It was eligible for take back. So the questions becomes can I replace this contract for cheaper than 1.5 yrs MF?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
actually not a bad thing Tamarack has a very high mf rate

A Club wyndham access contract recently sold for about $5/1000 points. Thats less than one year of maintenance fees

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
actually not a bad thing Tamarack has a very high mf rate

A Club wyndham access contract recently sold for about $5/1000 points. Thats less than one year of maintenance fees
Thanks. Now I know that "free" is not always best.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Can someone tell me what email address the paperwork come from? I want to make sure it's not going to "junk"

frog4ever

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called the Ovations for a Shell West home club contract and they said it would take 6 to 8 weeks for them to email me the paper work. Anybody else heard that?

Thanks
Kristy

I got an email from Ovations to sign paperwork through a web site and received a letter about a week ago that it had gone through and they have stopped taking out the HOA fees from my bank. I'm FREE!

dandjane1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Walk (Platinum UDI) Wyndham Access (Platinum trust), Wyndham National Harbor (Platinum UDI), HGVC Deed at Kingsland, HI, HGV Max (Premiere Plus) Trust
Marketing apparently can't settle on a name - pathways, limited edition, and now ovation.

At least it's something.
Pathway is completely different from Ovation. You get ZERO back when deeding back thru Ovation - with Pathway, you SHOULD get 20% of what you paid at purchases(at least that's what my contract says) thru DEVELOPER ONLY. Pathway was only available briefly in 2013 as I recall. Resale points/weeks are not eligible for Pathway. Don't know about Ovation re resales.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Pathway is completely different from Ovation. You get ZERO back when deeding back thru Ovation - with Pathway, you SHOULD get 20% of what you paid at purchases(at least that's what my contract says) thru DEVELOPER ONLY. Pathway was only available briefly in 2013 as I recall. Resale points/weeks are not eligible for Pathway. Don't know about Ovation re resales.

If you bought from the developer, reports are 3 years of use with no fees for ovations (no free use for resale). Does your contract with Pathways actually specify 20%, or up to 20%?

Reaction score
Limited Edition is the program where Wyndham gives you 3 years of points if Wyndham takes back your eligible (in their mind) deed back through Ovation. You will keep your same VIP status as when you were an owner.

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you bought from the developer, reports are 3 years of use with no fees for ovations (no free use for resale). <SNIP>

Just a note.... Who gets the 3 year limited edition is not so hard and fast and also very very subject to change. Don't assume that if you have a resale that you can't get it... but if you call and ask, be ready to accept if it is offered as it may be a one time only offer. While working with Ovation reps when we talked about this and they said the offer is a very unique offer as some resale buyers who bought many years ago and have always paid their fees promptly, may get offered the 3yr Limited Edition.

The best direction they gave me is if you have been a good long term customer of Wyndham who they made money from for years and at the moment, they want contracts at your resort (which can change), they may offer it (as a courtesy) and if it is not accepted, they note it on your account and you may not get the offer again.

So it harder and far less likely to get the 3yr Limited Edition if you have a resale but it is possible.
But decide before you call if that is acceptable to you because if you do get it offered... grab it.

PeterS

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If that is the case, it might be wise to call every few months to see if it would be offered.

dmurray007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Suitelife Vacations Club
Shell Vacations Club (American)
Viida Vacations Club (Grand Luxxe)
Just started Ovation process for SVC, (Shell Vacations Club) same phone # as above. I agree it is a case by case deal, my contact was with the Legacy in AZ. but phone person assumed that it was with Carriage Hills in ON Canada, as I am a Canadian and Carriage Hills is only 1 hr. away. Carriage Hills is not in the Ovation program, but the Legacy is. so I am good & by doing it on line will not require a US Noteriy, so no trip to US Consulate in TO.
Update, On line requires an app for signing, didn't have so ended up having to go to US Consulate to get US Noterized. Paperwork sent, checked and received and being processed waiting for final paperwork.

tfalk

Reaction score
We initiated Ovation in September to try to get rid of 2 weeks at KaEoKai on Kauai. Finally got the confirmation
that they took one week back. They will not take the other week back because they claim there is a 'cloud' on
the title. We bought that week as a resale FROM KaEoKai in 1992. Wyndham is claiming that the mortgage
release filed for the previous owners is not correct and 'we' need to fix it before they will take it back, suggested
we hire an attorney to resolve it. FML...

Dis.Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm Aire
Wyndham Panama City Beach
LHVC Puerto Plata, DR
Has anyone tried to return anything in the last few months? I called Ovation about my Palm Aire week. I was told they would take it back but there were no points or anything.
Thanks!

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to return anything in the last few months? I called Ovation about my Palm Aire week. I was told they would take it back but there were no points or anything.
Thanks!

They only offer points for the weeks they consider most desirable and that are developer purchases. Otherwise they just relive you of them. I have returned 3 and have not received points for any of them