• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's well documented that they will not take back stripped contracts (at least, not anymore.) So, you will have to wait until then to give those two back, and pay the MFs on them in the meantime.

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Is it true that the Ovation program will take back your developer-purchased contract, and not resale contract? Or it is case by case.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
case by case, costs nothing to ask.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it true that the Ovation program will take back your developer-purchased contract, and not resale contract? Or it is case by case.

It is case by case, and they have taken back many resales according to posters here. Depends on the resort.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
At first it seemed Wyndham was more selective when they introduced Ovations. Not long into it they seemed to open the flood gates and were accepting all points contracts and a fair amount of non converted deeds. About 3 months ago, it seems like they started to back off and get more selective with resale points contracts. I have not heard any retail contracts that have not qualified for at least the take back with no payment Ovation option.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
At first it seemed Wyndham was more selective when they introduced Ovations. Not long into it they seemed to open the flood gates and were accepting all points contracts and a fair amount of non converted deeds. About 3 months ago, it seems like they started to back off and get more selective with resale points contracts. I have not heard any retail contracts that have not qualified for at least the take back with no payment Ovation option.

Since the program started I have turned in 4 contracts. All were resale. I don't think resale vs developer purchase matters. From what I have seen the location of the contract is the overriding factor.

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So I called the ovation hotline. Fortunately my contract is eligible. I was told that I can start the process over the phone and will be assigned a case number. However, as soon as the process starts, I will lose all Wyndham points - and if I have any reservations at Wyndham properties, they will be cancelled. Any RCI reservations are okay. I will have no access to Club Wyndham and RCI web sites. But I still have to pay monthly MF until the process is completed.

Wow, it looks like I have to transfer my points to RCI and make several RCI reservations until my RCI balance is close to zero before I start the process. Any thoughts?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
In all likelihood the transfer will take less than 2 months payments. If you have a Jan 1 use year and have it transferred by March 25 you would have only paid for 25% of the MF for your points. You really don't have to get your points balance down to 0.

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an update I had 5 contracts just under 1mil points. They have taken all 4 I wanted to get rid for a total of just under 700k points. Was easy and I got them all secondary market for very little cost - I got great use and value out of the pts and probably got rid of a tad earlier than I wanted but it didn't cost me anything and was extremely easy.

I kept my Glacier Canyon contract for 300k pts as we live 40 mins away and need the 13 month booking window. So if you have any thoughts you might want to do this, I suggest doing it sooner than waiting until they change their mind.

ride2slide

TUG Member
Reaction score
I offered Ovation my 189K points. They turned me down since it was resell. I put it on TUG and it was snapped up the same day.

lcml11

Reaction score
I offered Ovation my 189K points. They turned me down since it was resell. I put it on TUG and it was snapped up the same day.

The difference between the two posts on how re-sale properties were handled was probably just that they only want certain ones back depending on Resort, Time of Year, etc.

The following release from Wyndham does not appear to make a reference to the source of ownership, i.e. Direct Purchase, re-sale, etc.

https://www.clubwyndham.com/cw/discover/ovationbywyndham.page

Last edited:

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
The difference between the two posts on how re-sale properties were handled was probably just that they only want certain ones back depending on Resort, Time of Year, etc.

The following release from Wyndham does not appear to make a reference to the source of ownership, i.e. Direct Purchase, re-sale, etc.

https://www.clubwyndham.com/cw/discover/ovationbywyndham.page

I had Pagosa and Kingsgate for proporties. Kingsgate did have favorable MFs while Pagosa was pretty high if that helps anyone. I sure am paying a premium for Glacier Canyon ARP as it 6.81 per pt in MFs but impossible to get prime time and even weekends without it, it is all taken by people renting.

snickers104

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview RCI Points, Wyndham CWA
Does anyone know if they will take a Nashville resale contract?

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would call the Ovation number and have your contract#s in hand and tell them what you want to do, they will stop the process and give you a "case#" for reference. Keep that number and ping them via the website every few weeks, everytime I did that magically one of my contracts go approved.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Is there an email for this ovation from Wyndham

I don't know of a specific email address, but there is a link to send in a form email if you don't want to call. If you click on "Manage My Account" on the home page, you will then see a box below it for Ovation. Clicking on that takes you to the Ovation page, which includes the following:

"Call an Ovation by Wyndham representative today at 855-312-9040 to learn more about the options* available to you.

You may also select the button below to request more information about Ovation. Please choose “Ovation Inquiry” as your reason for contact."​

dmurray007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Suitelife Vacations Club
Shell Vacations Club (American)
Viida Vacations Club (Grand Luxxe)
Just started Ovation process for SVC, (Shell Vacations Club) same phone # as above. I agree it is a case by case deal, my contact was with the Legacy in AZ. but phone person assumed that it was with Carriage Hills in ON Canada, as I am a Canadian and Carriage Hills is only 1 hr. away. Carriage Hills is not in the Ovation program, but the Legacy is. so I am good & by doing it on line will not require a US Noteriy, so no trip to US Consulate in TO.

GT1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am considering getting rid of a contract at Glade, 105KPts. Does anyone have a thought as to whether they might be interested in a contract that small? I guess I am curious if there is any criteria that can be analyzed to see what they take into Ovation and what they don't.

itsjai

Reaction score
I gave away quite a few resale contracts through Ovation they took most but for one they said they wont accept. The transactions have been smooth and in some cases they refunded the fees (not sure how they decide) but I am happy some money came back

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does anyone have a thought as to whether they might be interested in a contract that small?

I think you over-analyze.

It is much easier to pick up the phone, dial the number, speak with Ovation department and ask the employee if they take your contract.

THope

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten, Worldmark
I have a Worldmark by Wyndham points. Have you heard of them taking that back?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
worldmark points generally have some residual resale value (and could certainly be given away relatively quickly on the resale market) I believe.

have you attempted to offer them for free in the bargain deals section?

THope

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten, Worldmark
Not yet....Need to get rid of Massanutten week first