• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Our exchange into Marriott Lahaina & Napili Villas

bhrungo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just confirmed our exchange into the Marriott Lahaina & Napili Villas. A 2 bedroom.
I'm assuming we'll most likely have an "Island View," since we're not owners. Does anyone have photos of their view on an EXCHANGE at this resort? (I've already seen the pics taken by owners) I'm curious what kind of view we might end up with.

Thanks!!

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
For what date? I just got an exchange to a 1br mko for next summer but also had an ogs for mmo and mm1 but nothing

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
We just confirmed our exchange into the Marriott Lahaina & Napili Villas. A 2 bedroom.
I'm assuming we'll most likely have an "Island View," since we're not owners. Does anyone have photos of their view on an EXCHANGE at this resort? (I've already seen the pics taken by owners) I'm curious what kind of view we might end up with.

Thanks!!

May I please ask if you used Marriott to exchange?

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
If you have "Island View" in Lahaina/Napili towers, you will definitely be in Napili towers as they are the only "Island Views". Lahaina has Mtn/Garden, Ocean View and Ocean Front I believe, whereas Napili is Ocean Front or Island View. ( I own 3 weeks in 2 bdrms in Napili, so I sure hope I quoted all that correctly! lol )

bhrungo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have "Island View" in Lahaina/Napili towers, you will definitely be in Napili towers as they are the only "Island Views". Lahaina has Mtn/Garden, Ocean View and Ocean Front I believe, whereas Napili is Ocean Front or Island View. ( I own 3 weeks in 2 bdrms in Napili, so I sure hope I quoted all that correctly! lol )

Thanks! Do you own Island View? If so, would you share some photos of your view?
Also, we're traveling with children. I've read somewhere on TUG that the Napili tower's pool is for adults only. Can you confirm whether or not that is true? Thank you!

taffy19

Reaction score
You are close to the main pool so this isn't a problem plus you are right in front of a beautiful beach. The Napili pool has children swimming there too but not that many. It has rained quite a bit this spring so your view should still be lush and green. You will enjoy it, I am sure.

Surfing and body surfing lessons on the beach right in front of the Napili tower and so much more.

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5

Thanks!!
Don't assume you have an island view.
I traded in and had an island view. Two weeks before check in, I did a retrade and got a unit coded oceanfront. And that is what I got.

To find out your view.
Look at your exchange history on II. You will see the following...

Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
MMO

Unit: OFTG (Studio)
Week: 1

Fri, January 06, 2017
Fri, January 13, 2017

Go to the TUG Marriott Board and you will find in the stickie section FAQ. In that stickie is a link to Marriott Unit codes. You will see that OFTG is an ocean front studio and that is what I got. Marriott will not give an owner a unit view they don't own. When you reserve with destination club points or rent from Marriott you get the view you pay for. Hence, you will get the view you exchanged into.

Let us know your view!

bhrungo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I traded in and had an island view. Two weeks before check in, I did a retrade and got a unit coded oceanfront. And that is what I got.

To find out your view.

MMO

Fri, January 06, 2017
Fri, January 13, 2017

Go to the TUG Marriott Board and you will find in the stickie section FAQ. In that stickie is a link to Marriott Unit codes. You will see that OFTG is an ocean front studio and that is what I got. Marriott will not give an owner a unit view they don't own. When you reserve with destination club points or rent from Marriott you get the view you pay for. Hence, you will get the view you exchanged into.

Let us know your view!

Yes! I've already done all of the above after my original post was made and our Interval exchange shows the code TOVI, which is Island View. I do have the option to do a re-trade, but would need the exact dates, as airfare is purchased.

bhrungo

TUG Member
Reaction score

To find out your view.

MMO

Fri, January 06, 2017
Fri, January 13, 2017

Let us know your view!

When you were in the process of doing the re-trade, does it show the code somewhere on the screen, to see if you're going to have a different view unit? (I mean, before you actually re-trade it, so you know if it's worth re-trading).

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When you were in the process of doing the re-trade, does it show the code somewhere on the screen, to see if you're going to have a different view unit? (I mean, before you actually re-trade it, so you know if it's worth re-trading).
Since it was a Marriott to Marriott retrade it was free and since I had island view I had nothing to lose.
No, you don't know until after the trade what the new view would be and I also needed the exact date because airfare was purchased.

Did you purchase EPlus?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If it is an ePlus retrade, you really have nothing to lose since you are confirmed ibn to the lowest view category in the resort. However, if you have to pay a full fee retrade, it will be a gamble if you do a retrade. I don't even think the reps can see the unit code until a trade is confirmed.

bhrungo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since it was a Marriott to Marriott retrade it was free and since I had island view I had nothing to lose.
No, you don't know until after the trade what the new view would be and I also needed the exact date because airfare was purchased.

Did you purchase EPlus?

Yes, I purchased EPlus and still have 3 re-trades available. I guess it won't hurt for me to re-trade if the same dates become available. Thank you for your response!

bhrungo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it is an ePlus retrade, you really have nothing to lose since you are confirmed ibn to the lowest view category in the resort. However, if you have to pay a full fee retrade, it will be a gamble if you do a retrade. I don't even think the reps can see the unit code until a trade is confirmed.

Thank you!!

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, I purchased EPlus and still have 3 re-trades available. I guess it won't hurt for me to re-trade if the same dates become available. Thank you for your response!
Exactly, that is what I did and went from garden view to ocean front.

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel
We have an exchange this August for a 2 bedroom in the main buildings but we would like to try to use ePlus to trade into Lahaina & Napili Villas. Is this likely? Anyone have any suggestions other than random searching many times a day?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We have an exchange this August for a 2 bedroom in the main buildings but we would like to try to use ePlus to trade into Lahaina & Napili Villas. Is this likely? Anyone have any suggestions other than random searching many times a day?
The only suggestion is random searching, perhaps also put out a Sightings Request in the sightings forum and indicate your exact dates. Others will watch for what you are looking for and they can PM you.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
For what date? I just got an exchange to a 1br mko for next summer but also had an ogs for mmo and mm1 but nothing
What month did you get for MKO? I also have a request in :)

Kel

TUG Member
Reaction score
To find out what type of view you have you can go to Marriott.com and lookup reservations, enter your name and the reservation number on your Interval confirmation. It should tell you if you have garden view, ocean view or ocean front. Have fun.

bhrungo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, I've already found the code. It's TOVI, which is Island view