• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ORLANDO 2 BR wanted: 7 nights

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
June 3, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day

Tinkertastic

Reaction score
Looks for 7 nights starting either June 8th or 9th. Must be a two bedroom.

Would prefer
Bonnet Creek
Reunion Resort
Mariott Palm properties, Sabal Palm etc..

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a two bedroom at Bonnet Creek. 6/8-6/15. $800.

Wes.

FInsua

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2 Bedroom Suite from TODAY 5/19 to 5/26, we couldnt make it. I will give you a great price on it if you can take advantage of it.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I have a 2BR Deluxe unit at Bonnet Creek, June 8-15, but I won't try to beat Wes's price.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a 2BR Deluxe unit at Bonnet Creek, June 8-15, but I won't try to beat Wes's price.

Hey Jim.

Feel free to offer lower price if you wish. OP wants to pay less than $700. I’m out at that price point.

Wes.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
LOL!! I wasn't going to try to beat $800, let alone do it for $700. I don't really care if my week sells. I'll just use the points somewhere else. Pretty sure you feel the same way.

I hope OP has some backup plans. His other preferences are going to cost more than Bonnet Creek.

I'll pass on this one.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
LOL!! I wasn't going to try to beat $800, let alone do it for $700.

I hope OP has some backup plans. His other preferences are going to cost more than Bonnet Creek.

I'll pass on this one.

You are correct, Jim.

By my math the Reunion would cost a VIP Platinum owner 70% more points than the Bonnet Creek reservation (assuming BCR upgrade from 1 BR). Add in the guest fee, and the Platinum owner has lost several hundred dollars.

I did check hotels.com and found a Quality Inn hotel room in Kissimmee with two double beds that would be $645 for the 7 nights, including taxes. Of course that has no private bedrooms, only one bathroom, no kitchen, no living room, no view, and no in-room laundry. But the price is actually very good.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Managing expectations is the name of this game. OP has unrealistic expectations.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You are correct, Jim.

By my math the Reunion would cost a VIP Platinum owner 70% more points than the Bonnet Creek reservation (assuming BCR upgrade from 1 BR). Add in the guest fee, and the Platinum owner has lost several hundred dollars.

I did check hotels.com and found a Quality Inn hotel room in Kissimmee with two double beds that would be $645 for the 7 nights, including taxes. Of course that has no private bedrooms, only one bathroom, no kitchen, no living room, no view, and no in-room laundry. But the price is actually very good.

No lazy rivers, no hot tubs, no poolside restaurants (bars, snack bars), etc., etc.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
:clap:
I would have jumped at this awesome offer !
If it were me it be off the table no matter what
Hats off!

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
A full week at Bonnet Creek in a 2 Bedroom in Prime season for the exact dates you asked for?? and $800 is too much?! HA! Enjoy your Motel 6 instead. LOL

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter needed a place around Disney for two nights (Fri & Sat) in early March. We are regular (non VIP) Wyndham owners and were out of points. I posted on the LMR rentals wanted board for Bonnet Creek, and received no response. When I posted, my hope was that a VIP owner would send me a PM with a possible rental offer at over the $100/night limit. I never expected to find a unit like this for these dates for $100 or less. When that didn't happen, I reached out to a frequent posting TUG Member/VIP Wyndham owner to see if she would be willing to look for something for my dates. It worked out great. I was able to secure a 2 BR unit at Bonnet Creek for my daughter at a higher rate then LMR allows, which ended up being the same amount as a highly rated hotel in the area would have been. But that hotel, was just that, a hotel. No separate bedroom, no second bathroom, no kitchen, much smaller unit, etc. It would have cost me 89K points for this rental if we had any points to use, which equates to roughly $500 in MF's. Doesn't matter a bit to me if the VIP owner paid 1/2 points on a 1 BR (33K total for 2 nights?) and got the upgrade to a 2 BR. I paid alot less then what my cost would have been AND got an excellent place to stay. So, I agree with the others. $800/week for a 2 BR at Bonnet Creek is a great deal, especially in prime season.

Mark

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My daughter needed a place around Disney for two nights (Fri & Sat) in early March. We are regular (non VIP) Wyndham owners and were out of points. I posted on the LMR rentals wanted board for Bonnet Creek, and received no response. When I posted, my hope was that a VIP owner would send me a PM with a possible rental offer at over the $100/night limit. I never expected to find a unit like this for these dates for $100 or less. When that didn't happen, I reached out to a frequent posting TUG Member/VIP Wyndham owner to see if she would be willing to look for something for my dates. It worked out great. I was able to secure a 2 BR unit at Bonnet Creek for my daughter at a higher rate then LMR allows, which ended up being the same amount as a highly rated hotel in the area would have been. But that hotel, was just that, a hotel. No separate bedroom, no second bathroom, no kitchen, much smaller unit, etc. It would have cost me 89K points for this rental if we had any points to use, which equates to roughly $500 in MF's. Doesn't matter a bit to me if the VIP owner paid 1/2 points on a 1 BR (33K total for 2 nights?) and got the upgrade to a 2 BR. I paid alot less then what my cost would have been AND got an excellent place to stay. So, I agree with the others. $800/week for a 2 BR at Bonnet Creek is a great deal, especially in prime season.

Mark

Nice post. Thanks! I think most of us have done similar things.

Some people still want to low ball offers -- as in, my budget only has $xx for lodging because airline fares are so expensive, Disney tickets cost so much, I have to have an extra BR for in-laws, etc.

lisa1001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice post. Thanks! I think most of us have done similar things.

Some people still want to low ball offers -- as in, my budget only has $xx for lodging because airline fares are so expensive, Disney tickets cost so much, I have to have an extra BR for in-laws, etc.

I scored big one morning and got 3 two BR units for the price of a half off discount of a 1 BR.

Getting offers for $500, but will just cancel if I can't get $800

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One of those might have been one I canceled on Wednesday -- a 2BR Deluxe from June 8-15. Sounds like some others did the same thing -- bail out at Day 15.

FInsua

Reaction score
Did you get rid of this? What resort is it?
Sorry Jaycee, I didnt see this before I was on vacation myself. It was at Bonnet Creek the great 2 Bedroom Suite. I couldnt make it but luckily my friend was able to take advantage of it for a few days. Take care!

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
June 3, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day