• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Opinion on Ovation Offer

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
I called the end of October when my points had all expired and the same offer was on the table, no more mf, use a few years But to use...no discount, no upgrade, pay $60/use and no website to see available places, and unsure of housekeeping fees. I am waiting for new year MF and if it is no more than $12. Monthly increase, will keep and rent some and enjoy another year. Another scam this weekend repotted to FTC, offer $27,300 from Adshowcasing with check to be FedExed on this FrIDAY!!!!, called a little later by a lady who said she was from Wyndham resorts and wanted my answer to tell the person from Adshowcasing and I said Buy a Timeshare didn't recognize them as legitimate buyers therefore I had already declined.my last legitimate offer was $800 for Daytona (192k) $100 each for 105k Branson and Great Smokies Lodge. I said I owed Buy Timeshare $3000 so forget it. They had offered $3000 for Daytona in July and I had declined.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called the end of October when my points had all expired and the same offer was on the table, no more mf, use a few years But to use...no discount, no upgrade, pay $60/use and no website to see available places, and unsure of housekeeping fees. I am waiting for new year MF and if it is no more than $12. Monthly increase, will keep and rent some and enjoy another year. Another scam this weekend repotted to FTC, offer $27,300 from Adshowcasing with check to be FedExed on this FrIDAY!!!!, called a little later by a lady who said she was from Wyndham resorts and wanted my answer to tell the person from Adshowcasing and I said Buy a Timeshare didn't recognize them as legitimate buyers therefore I had already declined.my last legitimate offer was $800 for Daytona (192k) $100 each for 105k Branson and Great Smokies Lodge. I said I owed Buy Timeshare $3000 so forget it. They had offered $3000 for Daytona in July and I had declined.

That clears things up

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi PeterS,
We are considering the Ovation option to get out of contract. Are you still in the process and if complete, do you still feel this is the way to go? Was there anything you were blindsided with?

We have been complete for months and it has been fine. No surprises.... yet...
I have 3 years free usage so I still have to deal with them for that period of time.
I am secure the weeks are no longer in our name and the deed transfer went through, but could they hit me with a surprise usage fee? ... maybe but so far nothing.

I still think the program is great if you have gotten good usage of your points and feel it doesn't owe you anything and to sell it, there is either nothing to be made after costs to sell or that the amount is small and it isn't worth the risk to try a private party sale that could fall through or not be handled/transfered properly.

I called the end of October when my points had all expired and the same offer was on the table, no more mf, use a few years But to use...no discount, no upgrade, pay $60/use and no website to see available places, and unsure of housekeeping fees. I am waiting for new year MF and if it is no more than $12. Monthly increase, will keep and rent some and enjoy another year....<SNIP>

We used Ovation...Limited Edition, got 3 years of usage with no mf. We still have the same online account with the same account number. When we look at contracts, our weeks are gone... replaced by 3 one year allocations (in 3 future years). We booked a vacation in the first year and we confirmed with no usage fee, and everything was searched and booked online with no cost. Maybe the $60 is if you book by phone. If the discount you are referring is the points discount then yes that is gone and they don't qualify for free upgrades.... you just get what you book. Also, you can't put the weeks in RCI/II anymore, and you can't search RCI/II through the Wyndham portal. The three years are Wyndham only. The search and book windows are 10 months.

As far as the deal being in place... my understanding is it is strict supply and demand. If they need more weeks/points at a particular resort, they offer the Limited Edition (3 years usage), if not, they offer just the deedback, and if it a high mf week that they don't want, they refer you to the resale brokers. So, I don't think the program is going away, but I can see offers of Limited Edition changing by resort/week/points. My best advice is to know what you will accept before you call... if you like what they offer... take it.... if not don't, and check back in a few months. We agreed if we were offered Limited Edition we would grab it... it was so we did. If we were offered a straight deedback, we wouldn't have done it on the spot, maybe think about it for a few months and try again.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
anyone give back CWA or resale contracts?

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have 3 years free usage so I still have to deal with them for that period of time.
I am secure the weeks are no longer in our name and the deed transfer went through, but could they hit me with a surprise usage fee? ... maybe but so far nothing.

I still think the program is great if you have gotten good usage of your points and feel it doesn't owe you anything and to sell it, there is either nothing to be made after costs to sell or that the amount is small and it isn't worth the risk to try a private party sale that could fall through or not be handled/transfered properly.

We used Ovation...Limited Edition, got 3 years of usage with no mf. We still have the same online account with the same account number. When we look at contracts, our weeks are gone... replaced by 3 one year allocations (in 3 future years). We booked a vacation in the first year and we confirmed with no usage fee, and everything was searched and booked online with no cost. Maybe the $60 is if you book by phone. If the discount you are referring is the points discount then yes that is gone and they don't qualify for free upgrades.... you just get what you book. Also, you can't put the weeks in RCI/II anymore, and you can't search RCI/II through the Wyndham portal. The three years are Wyndham only. The search and book windows are 10 months.

As far as the deal being in place... my understanding is it is strict supply and demand. If they need more weeks/points at a particular resort, they offer the Limited Edition (3 years usage), if not, they offer just the deedback, and if it a high mf week that they don't want, they refer you to the resale brokers. So, I don't think the program is going away, but I can see offers of Limited Edition changing by resort/week/points. My best advice is to know what you will accept before you call... if you like what they offer... take it.... if not don't, and check back in a few months. We agreed if we were offered Limited Edition we would grab it... it was so we did. If we were offered a straight deedback, we wouldn't have done it on the spot, maybe think about it for a few months and try again.
What is limited edition? Something they offered was to Buy 84k and leave to family but family doesn't want it so that was out. Anyway why pay for what I could give them now.

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ovation is the program to help owners to give up ownership.

They have one offer to transfer ownership to family members at minimal cost but the main program is to help end ownership.

There is three levels that you only find which you qualify for by calling them.

Level 1 - Limited Edition - They really want your ownership and will take it at no cost and give you three years of usage of the same number of points with no maintenance fees.

Level 2 - Standard Ovation - They can use your ownership and they are willing to take it at no cost and nothing else.

Level 3 - Referral - They don't want your ownership even if it is free so they will refer a broker who will at least not be a scam artist.

For the full details, search the term Ovation and read all the items from the beginning.... it is all here....

Good luck all

As far as CWA or resales... my understanding is that it doesn't matter.
The key info is if they really need or want your ownership.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Generally level 1 is developer purchases, and level 2 is resale purchases. I’ve not read a single instance of a resale purchaser getting free use.

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Generally level 1 is developer purchases, and level 2 is resale purchases. I’ve not read a single instance of a resale purchaser getting free use.

I have heard it is a very fluid type of offer.
If they really want it. If you are a longtime owner (even if resale).
If you have always been current on fees... If they have made money on you one way or another.

So..... as far as resales....
If you bought a resale week for $1 last month, don't expect 3 years usage... they know...
If you bought a resale week 20 years ago and paid to upgrade to points, you just might get it...
Essentially, if you were a good customer and they want the unit.

Since there is no exact rules to who gets the offer, it can change quickly so before calling, you should decide whether you will take it if offered. If it is and you don't take it immediately, it may not be offered when you call back.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Although I am no longer a Wyndham owner, "Ovation" seems to me to be a quick, clean, lawful (and free) exit opportunity; a "no brainer" for anyone who wants out of Wyndham now (or in the foreseeable future) from a product with little value in the resale market. It is also worthy of note and serious consideration that Wyndham could unilaterally terminate the Ovation program at any time; they have absolutely no obligation to provide any advance notice.

To ignore the reality of the resale market and blindly assume that there will be any resale value if / when you decide or attempt to sell a Wyndham product later could prove to be a significant strategic error. Paying fees up until (and long after) that potential "too late" point in time would be, at best, a real disappointment. If I was still in Wyndham and was looking to exit, I'd take advantage of the Ovation option in a heartbeat, but to each their own. :shrug:

Last edited:

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Although I am no longer a Wyndham owner, "Ovation" seems to me to be a quick, clean, lawful (and free) exit opportunity; a "no brainer" for anyone who wants out of Wyndham now or in the foreseeable future. It is also worthy of note and serious consideration that Wyndham could unilaterally terminate the Ovation program at any time, having absolutely no obligation to provide any advance notice.

To ignore the harsh reality of the resale marketplace and blindly assume that there will somehow be resale value if / when you decide or attempt to sell your Wyndham product later could prove to be a significant strategical error. Paying fees up until (and then long after) that potential "too late" point in time would be, at best, a real disappointment. If I was still in Wyndham I would take advantage of the Ovation option in a heartbeat, but to each their own.
Thank you, good observation.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Although I am no longer a Wyndham owner, "Ovation" seems to me to be a quick, clean, lawful (and free) exit opportunity; a "no brainer" for anyone who wants out of Wyndham now (or in the foreseeable future) from a product with little value in the resale market. It is also worthy of note and serious consideration that Wyndham could unilaterally terminate the Ovation program at any time, having absolutely no obligation to provide any advance notice.

To ignore the reality of the resale market and blindly assume that there will be any resale value if / when you decide or attempt to sell a Wyndham product later could prove to be a significant strategic error. Paying fees up until (and long after) that potential "too late" point in time would be, at best, a real disappointment. If I was still in Wyndham and was looking to exit, I'd take advantage of the Ovation option in a heartbeat, but to each their own. :shrug:

I agree it is quick and easy. I unloaded 3 properties this way, 1 year after "selling" and paying some of the buyers fees. Ovation was simple, no cost and relatively quick.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for your good thoughts. Hopefully all will be settled soon.

flindberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Ka Eo Kai

Hi Peter S, I have read this entire post. I wanted to thank you for following through with posting your experience! It has been insightful and very helpful. We are going to stay at a Wyndham Resort on Kauai after owning there since it was Pahio - over 20 years... I feel like I can talk to the Ovation people now armed with knowledge. Thanks!