• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Open reservation during deed transfer

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered here before, I couldn't find it.

I am in the process of buying a Bali Hai resale. I expect all of the the documents to be returned to LTT no later than 9-20. The owner has over 100k points for 2019 that will expire EOY. He also has banked RCI points that from what I understand, since I dont currently have an RCI account, cannot be transferred to me and I will just lose them.

On the other hand I have a WBC reservation (tripbound) 12/14-12/20. In a perfect world I would love to have transfer complete and have access to those points in time, and cancel my tripbound reservation. I'm not sure thats realistic.

Other possibility is having current owner get me a guest certificate for those dates, which I think he would be willing to do. But what would happen to reservation IF the deed was recorded while that reservation was open?
Or am I being greedy? I hate to lose the points, but not sure I have any options.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
LTT receiving the paperwork is just step one. A deed has to be prepared and sent for e-recording. That can take at least a month. Then Wyndham will receive a copy of the deed and a check and then the clock starts. So it really doesn't matter when it records, it matters when it transfers.

You might not get the points this year. They don't move all that fast but every once in a while something transfers quickly. But if the owner isn't going to use them, you can certainly ask if he can make a reservation for you. That being said, if it does come up for transfer before the end of the year, Wyndham will cancel your reservation so you might need a back-up plan. Even if they cancel your reservation, you should be able to find something in Orlando, just maybe not WBC if you are booking a larger unit.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered here before, I couldn't find it.

I am in the process of buying a Bali Hai resale. I expect all of the the documents to be returned to LTT no later than 9-20. The owner has over 100k points for 2019 that will expire EOY. He also has banked RCI points that from what I understand, since I dont currently have an RCI account, cannot be transferred to me and I will just lose them.

On the other hand I have a WBC reservation (tripbound) 12/14-12/20. In a perfect world I would love to have transfer complete and have access to those points in time, and cancel my tripbound reservation. I'm not sure thats realistic.

Other possibility is having current owner get me a guest certificate for those dates, which I think he would be willing to do. But what would happen to reservation IF the deed was recorded while that reservation was open?
Or am I being greedy? I hate to lose the points, but not sure I have any options.
I wouldn't call it greedy. I also do not blame you for trying to make use of any and all points that might be available. Problem is it isn't realistic to plan on transfer if all goes well for at least 10-12 weeks after Wyndham receives all documents and fees.

Zeke_62

TUG Member
Reaction score
BC does not have anything available for those dates. If you are willing to stay at one of the others in the area, then you can get the current owner to book this for you and add you as a guest, as you suggested. Have LT process the ownership change on the deed. At that point wait.. Do NOT send the change to wyndham. Wait until Dec 15 to send the ownership change to Wyndham. This would allow you to use the 2019 points with no risk of Wyndham cancelling them. It does delay the transfer until potentially March.