• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2018] One night in ......

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
14 days out. HK will kill you if you aren't VIP.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I live 60 miles away ... go down the AC Expressway towards Philadelphia (Deptford area) off RT 55. Or Washington Twp area. Stay away from the beach/shore.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Atlantic City actually... I have tickets to Cindy Lauper/Rod Stewart on 8/4. I want to stay over, but most of the hotels are $400 - $500 for the night. Even the crappy motels are $300+

Unfortunately, the resort maybe sold out by the 14 day mark. You could try booking three nights (or two if you can) and not staying the whole time. I know it sounds like a waste of points but you’ll be able to book it before it fills up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Remember to checkin on the first day of the reservation ... DO NOT SAY you will be arriving late. Wyndham WIIL cancel the reservation ... weekends in the summer beach block .... HIGH DEMAND.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Book at Sat and Sun night. That way you will only get dinged slightly as Sunday is less points. If you book a Friday and Sat night it will be more and you will have to be out too early on Sunday (at 10 am). Having Sunday booked too will give you lazy morning and afternoon before you have to leave.

I book it this way often if I really only want a Saturday night.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

Was reading this and laughing so my husband asked what I was laughing about as he knows I'm on TUG right now. I, like OP, come to TUG for the information but really enjoy the humor. Thanks!

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Atlantic City actually... I have tickets to Cindy Lauper/Rod Stewart on 8/4. I want to stay over, but most of the hotels are $400 - $500 for the night. Even the crappy motels are $300+

Pretty much interchangeable these days.... :D

Hope you enjoy the show!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Was reading this and laughing so my husband asked what I was laughing about as he knows I'm on TUG right now. I, like OP, come to TUG for the information but really enjoy the humor. Thanks!
You're welcome Jan - glad I gave you a smile today! And thanks to you for all of your assistance and input to the questions I've asked since I found my way here. :)

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
You're welcome Jan - glad I gave you a smile today! And thanks to you for all of your assistance and input to the questions I've asked since I found my way here. :)

I wondered how many people are too old or too young to get this one. That kind of makes it funnier. Hey, OP, if you don't get it "One Night in Bangkok " is a song from 1984 by Murray Head

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have done this for concerts many times. Usually a Saturday show. We did Sat and Sun since Sunday is cheaper and we could sleep in after the late night.

Hoosier64

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek
Remember to checkin on the first day of the reservation ... DO NOT SAY you will be arriving late. Wyndham WIIL cancel the reservation ... weekends in the summer beach block .... HIGH DEMAND.

I have a reservation for next week and I cannot check in the first day. Member services told me to just call the resort. I will be highly upset if I drive there and my reservation is cancelled.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I have a reservation for next week and I cannot check in the first day. Member services told me to just call the resort. I will be highly upset if I drive there and my reservation is cancelled.

You will be fine as long as you call the resort and make sure they note on your reservation that you called.. You could also get an email address for the resort/resort manager and send an email saying that you won't be arriving the first day of your reservation. I've just called but now that I am writing this can see how having that email as back up wouldn't be a bad idea.

Hoosier64

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek
You will be fine as long as you call the resort and make sure they note on your reservation that you called.. You could also get an email address for the resort/resort manager and send an email saying that you won't be arriving the first day of your reservation. I've just called but now that I am writing this can see how having that email as back up wouldn't be a bad idea.

I called right after reading you post and they made a note on my reservation. I will follow up with and email just in case.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I called right after reading you post and they made a note on my reservation. I will follow up with and email just in case.

I would call again on the day of check in just to verify that it is still noted on your reservation. It only takes a couple of minutes to make that second phone call and I'm one of those people who will make the extra effort to make sure there are no hiccups when it comes to our travel plans.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jan,

I must say I've done this to myself.....guess what song has been in my head all day......

...It's the ultimate test of cerebral fitness.....

fer829

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points (Limited Edition expires 2023)
14 days out. HK will kill you if you aren't VIP.
I wondered how many people are too old or too young to get this one. That kind of makes it funnier. Hey, OP, if you don't get it "One Night in Bangkok " is a song from 1984 by Murray Head
I guess that I am really in the "too old" category--I thought that bbodb1 was geographically challenged with a joke and was thinking that Bangkok was part of Hong Kong (HK). Well played to the two of you!!!
Gene

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You gotta love this website. Talk about ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous.... I too have that crazy song running through my head, and the inane video.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
According to the availability calendar, there is a single night available for 8/4. Booking it at 14 day mark might work. Best strategy is stay up late night of Friday July 20. Once midnight 7/21 hits, try to book the one night.

Let us know if it works.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an update.....

So, we tried to book for 8/4 as soon as the 14 day window opened. There were no rooms to book. I continued to check occasionally, but no luck.

However, right before we were about to leave Saturday afternoon to drive to AC, I checked the website and a unit opened up for the evening. We were pretty lucky, otherwise, we would have had to drive home after the concert. We were not going to spend $400-$500 for the night.

The Wyndham Skyline was nice. The only problem was the coating on the tub was peeling off. A lot of security in the resort. 3 security guards in the small lobby during the afternoon. I think 5 in the evening.

The concert was great by the way.

Joe

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an update.....

So, we tried to book for 8/4 as soon as the 14 day window opened. There were no rooms to book. I continued to check occasionally, but no luck.

However, right before we were about to leave Saturday afternoon to drive to AC, I checked the website and a unit opened up for the evening. We were pretty lucky, otherwise, we would have had to drive home after the concert. We were not going to spend $400-$500 for the night.

The Wyndham Skyline was nice. The only problem was the coating on the tub was peeling off. A lot of security in the resort. 3 security guards in the small lobby during the afternoon. I think 5 in the evening.

The concert was great by the way.

Joe

Awesome. How many points did it cost?