• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Old Disney Tickets

bullroc3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have heard that Disney has changed their policy on unused days on older tickets. It used to be that any days on older tickets could be exchanged at no charge for a newer admission ticket to the parks. I have 1 3-Day Worldpassport ticket from 1987 ($78) with one day remaining and 2 4-Day All Three Parks 4 Day Passport from 1989 ($111) with 2 days remaining. Will they still swap those unused days for full admission for a day? They did the last time I used this type of paper ticket. We are planning a trip in June and I am working on tickets now.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I have heard that Disney has changed their policy on unused days on older tickets. It used to be that any days on older tickets could be exchanged at no charge for a newer admission ticket to the parks. I have 1 3-Day Worldpassport ticket from 1987 ($78) with one day remaining and 2 4-Day All Three Parks 4 Day Passport from 1989 ($111) with 2 days remaining. Will they still swap those unused days for full admission for a day? They did the last time I used this type of paper ticket. We are planning a trip in June and I am working on tickets now.

Unless they have changed their policy very recently, yes, they will honour them. We visited Disney World in November 2016. We had 2 4-Day All Parks Passports from 1992. We had two days remaining on each of them. We bought them because they guaranteed no expiry and it was barely more expensive than buying two single day tickets at the time. Little did we know it would be so long before we would return to use them again!

We simply went to Guest Services and they took the tickets and issued us with the new electronic cards using a fingerprint for entry. They even advised us that we did not have to use both days on the same visit. Since the original tickets had no expiry date, the replacement card has the same terms, unlike current tickets that apparently have an expiry date from first use. We only used one day. We will find out next month if they were telling the truth about the 2nd day having no expiry, since we will be back in Orlando then and plan to use up the one remaining day on each card.

I kept my original receipt to prove I was the original purchaser and the brochure that came with the ticket indicating that the tickets never expire, in case it was questioned. However, I did not have to show them. They knew exactly what to do and processed the exchange very quickly and we were very pleasantly surprised at how easy it was.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They probably get a kick out of these old tickets showing up. They don't lose any money. The tickets are the same value to them, relatively speaking.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
1987... I'm impressed. 30 years is a long time for a historic artifact.

A 1977 ticket found on the Net:

abcde.jpg

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I should have KEEP my old tickets from 1971-1972. Used or leftover ... those A-B-C-D-E coupons are artifacts now.

To be a college kid in Central Forida in those early years.... life was really GOOD.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I first went to Disney World in 1972. I easily used the better tickets, C, D, E, but couldn't give away the A and B tickets. There were similar ticket books littering the ground in the parking lot. Obviously others had the same experience I did.

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
My first trip to Disneyland was in 1955 or 56, soon after they opened. Wonder what those tickets might be worth today.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
My first trip to Disneyland was in 1955 or 56, soon after they opened. Wonder what those tickets might be worth today.

I posted above about first going to Disney World in 1972. I was on liberty from Navy Boot Camp in Orlando. My first trip to Disneyland was in 1958. I would have turned five that Summer. I remember I was too short to drive the Autobahn cars by myself (I didn't come up to the line on the sign - yes, they had them even then.) My Uncle was with us, and he drove. He let me steer - I felt so grown up. I remember being scared to death by the hippo on the Jungle Cruise, and screaming at the sound when the boat driver guy "shot" him in the open mouth. <whew!> That was close! ;) The Flying Dumbo ride was my favorite airborne ride. But the most fun, bar none, was the Teacups. (Was that called the Mad Hatter or something?) My older brother kept spinning the wheel, and we spun around and around and around - I felt like I was going to throw up. Aah, yes, the memories. ;)

Dave