• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

OCEANTIME, Ocean City MD Re Service Animals, cleaning fee

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Understand your comment. My wife as well had to have her doctor sign off for her handicap placard, however, when she parks in that spot and gets out of her car with it in the window, she is not required to answer to anyone as to why she needs one and what her disability is. Remember, not all disabilities are visible.

People with service animals do not want to have to explain to Joe Public about their disability or demonstrate their dog knows it's task work and to require that is not fair to the disabled person. It really is no ones business why they require a service animal. What is needed is to educate people how they are damaging those that need a service animal for their problem and Fluffy riding around in a shopping cart at the store because mommy or daddy just didnt want to leave them at home.

My wife had a service animal until our service dog passed away unexpectedly. We are now training a new dog. I will say it costs a lot more to do it the right way than the $99 Service Dog special. Our last girl was almost 2 years in training and well over $10,000 in training costs.
Really sorry to hear about the passing of your dog, I know how hard that can be. I agree with everything you say, we don’t feel it’s necessary to explain why we have a handicap placard or why my wife is in a wheelchair. But we have no problem whatsoever displaying the placard to access the “perk” of close parking. It seems, though, that anyone can claim that their dog is a service animal and get a benefit denied to others. This benefit should only be for those who need it. Best of luck with your new dog.