• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Pointe Questions

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
Hello, we have 500 trust points we need to use up by December. Since we will be visiting my parents in Oct-November on the west coast of Florida we figured we'd head over to the east coast and use up (all but 100) of the trust points. I was able to snag a few nights here so pretty excited about that. It has been about 25 years since I was in West Palm and neither of us have been to Singer Island.
Has anyone stayed here recently? How is the hotel and what is a good place to go to dinner? We will have the car so can go just about anywhere. Looking forward to a few days away alone! Any suggestions and tips are appreciated.
Also this may be a dumb question but is there any other way to use the points besides timeshare stay? I hate to see the 100 go to waste and I cannot bank them.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Hi C Q, you will enjoy Ocean Pointe very much. We own there and are going back in late October. It’s a great resort with nice rooms, good location, nice beach and very good facilities.
As for dining, try the sailfish Marina which is really walking distance from OP. It’s right on the inter coastal and a very nice place to dine.
One of our favorite places in the area is in Palm Beach Gardens on PGA Blvd a short drive away. It’s an Italian place called Vic and Angelos. Don’t miss the banana cream pie for dessert..it’s amazing.
As for the unused points, I think you can use them to pay for travel insurance for next year as well as some gift certificates etc that can be used at the hotels or timeshares.
Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
We were at Ocean Pointe four years ago and so far it's been our favourite Floridian MVCI resort. Our room was a bit tired, particularly the bathroom, so I don't know what parts have been renovated since our stay. The pools, entertainment and facilities are good and it has a nice beach. Not much to do in the area and can't recall any meals that stood out, all in all I was disappointed in the food. I didn't think much of the restaurant at Sailfish Marina, the food was average, pigeons were coming in through the open door and swooping low over the tables and landing on them to pick up crumbs, dogs were being allowed into the bar area (there's no real separation between bar and restaurant) and wait staff were petting the dogs and then serving food without washing their hands!

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
IMHO, Sailfish Marina's restaurant is best for it's views and not much more. The food isn't bad. It isn't great either. You're definitely paying for the view. If we eat there it's typically for breakfast, sometimes lunch and almost never for dinner anymore.

Roco's Taco's is a relatively short drive away and has become a yearly trip for us. Too Jay's Deli is also another yearly stop for us, but mostly for breakfast. Otherwise I'm afraid we tend to stick with more of the chain restaurants in town. If you want a place with a little pazazz you could try the Seafood Bar at the Breakers on Palm Beach Island. We've been known to go there for drinks on occasion but have never actually eaten there. A little on the pricey side but in one of the finest resorts in Florida.

We use to enjoy 2 Drunken Goats but, the last time we were there they had changed the menu and the service was so poor we walked out before ordering. I've never been a big fan of Johnny Longboats but a few others like it. The Coconuts on the Beach in the Hilton down the street a little ways. Decent atmosphere and reasonable menu. Haven't been there in several years however.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's see, if you want a steak house there's Ruths Chris in North Palm Beach or Mortons in West Palm, if you want Italian there's Carmines on PGA or IL Bellagio in City place. If you want a general menu there's Brick tops on PGA or Cheesecake Factory in City Place, Hot Pie Pizza is on Federal a block off Clematis in West Palm. PA BBQ is near Ruths Chris and they have great ribs and fried chicken. Capt Charlies Reef Grill, Juno Fish House and Jetty's are all good fish eateries. Unless you are staying a week or so you'll never get to all these so I won't go into whats available on Palm Beach island.

The area around Ocean Pointe within a 30 minute drive has so many good places to eat it's hard to cover them all. Ocean Pointe used to have some very good concierge's that knew the area and could
recommend good places. Unfortunately that is long gone but if you start with the list above you'll do fine.

Berea1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at Ocean Pointe four years ago and so far it's been our favourite Floridian MVCI resort. Our room was a bit tired, particularly the bathroom, so I don't know what parts have been renovated since our stay. The pools, entertainment and facilities are good and it has a nice beach. Not much to do in the area and can't recall any meals that stood out, all in all I was disappointed in the food. I didn't think much of the restaurant at Sailfish Marina, the food was average, pigeons were coming in through the open door and swooping low over the tables and landing on them to pick up crumbs, dogs were being allowed into the bar area (there's no real separation between bar and restaurant) and wait staff were petting the dogs and then serving food without washing their hands!

We are there starting Sept.29, 2018. What buildings and floors should we request? We are multiple Marriott week owners but not here. Should we request unit numbers so as to get the best location possible, hopefully at least ocean side. Thanks, Patrick

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's see, if you want a steak house there's Ruths Chris in North Palm Beach or Mortons in West Palm, if you want Italian there's Carmines on PGA or IL Bellagio in City place. If you want a general menu there's Brick tops on PGA or Cheesecake Factory in City Place, Hot Pie Pizza is on Federal a block off Clematis in West Palm. PA BBQ is near Ruths Chris and they have great ribs and fried chicken. Capt Charlies Reef Grill, Juno Fish House and Jetty's are all good fish eateries. Unless you are staying a week or so you'll never get to all these so I won't go into whats available on Palm Beach island.

The area around Ocean Pointe within a 30 minute drive has so many good places to eat it's hard to cover them all. Ocean Pointe used to have some very good concierge's that knew the area and could
recommend good places. Unfortunately that is long gone but if you start with the list above you'll do fine.
I also recommend Capt Charlie's Reef Grill and Juno's Fish House, but haven't yet tried Jetty's. The seafood at Capt Charlie's was outstanding, but expect to wait because I don't think they accept reservations (check with concierge to see if they can call ahead). We arrived at 5:30 on our last visit and were the last table seated prior to a wait. You can tell this a a favorite for locals by the cars in the parking lot. Juno's was also very good and has great specials (including whole Main lobsters on Tues which were $25 when we were there). We had local seafood which was very good.

We have been going to Singer Island for over 10 years and Carmine's previously was one of our favorite restaurants anywhere. However, terrible service and mediocre food on our last two visits caused us to drop it from our list. There are also several options on PGA and in Jupiter (another guest recommended Tiger Woods restaurant in Jupiter but I don't recall the name and we didn't get to try it.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are there starting Sept.29, 2018. What buildings and floors should we request? We are multiple Marriott week owners but not here. Should we request unit numbers so as to get the best location possible, hopefully at least ocean side. Thanks, Patrick
The key is having a high floor, since the first 2-3 floors have limited views due to trees, and request a villa as close to the ocean as possible. The Kingfish building is isolated from the others and there is an older condo between Kingfish and the rest of the resort. Dolphin and Sailfish are closest to the large pool, so many prefer their location.

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
Thank you for all the replies and suggestions. Really looking forward to checking this property out. I requested a higher floor but not a particular building. I am sure it will be great no matter which building I am in!

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We use to absolutely love Jetty’s...... but not anymore. Over the years the only reason we could find to go there was the view from the patio. The service became hit or miss and the food quality lowered to the point it wasn’t worth the price. We stopped going two years ago, so maybe it’s improved, but we’re not willing to make the drive or pay the price to find out.

All this talking about Jetty’s got me to thinking about another hidden gem just down the street and a little hidden from Jetty’s called Guanabana. Cut little restaurant that’s outdoor under the trees overlooking the river that feeds into the ocean. Decent prices, reasonably good food (not high end eating but good food) and nice service. You can find it on Yelp and see some picture of the restaurant. In Jupiter, it’s replaced Jetty’s for us, at least for now. We’ve only eaten here once and that’s a pretty small sample size.

Last edited:

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, we have 500 trust points we need to use up by December. Since we will be visiting my parents in Oct-November on the west coast of Florida we figured we'd head over to the east coast and use up (all but 100) of the trust points. I was able to snag a few nights here so pretty excited about that. It has been about 25 years since I was in West Palm and neither of us have been to Singer Island.
Has anyone stayed here recently? How is the hotel and what is a good place to go to dinner? We will have the car so can go just about anywhere. Looking forward to a few days away alone! Any suggestions and tips are appreciated.
Also this may be a dumb question but is there any other way to use the points besides timeshare stay? I hate to see the 100 go to waste and I cannot bank them.

Hope it’s ok to jump in here and ask a question since it seems many of you have been to Ocean Pointe.

I am looking at booking a 2 br that says “master of a 3 br”.
When I click on the floor plan it says:
“Living room, kitchen, dining room, 2 balconies”
But looking at the plan, I don’t see a 2nd balacony

Does anyone know from experience?
Any thoughts to share on this unit vs a dedicated 2 br?

Feel free to just DM me so as to not sidetrack this thread.
Thanks

JCerniglow

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were just there recently for the first time and absolutely loved it. Sailfish marina was the winner. Carmines is decent. We will most certainly return.

JCerniglow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope it’s ok to jump in here and ask a question since it seems many of you have been to Ocean Pointe.

Thanks
there are two balaconies

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I’d like to see that...
The more I look at the plans the more I think the 2br master of 3 must be 1 balcony and the efficiency take the other balcony.
That would be my guess as well.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
All this talking about Jetty’s got me to thinking about another hidden gem just down the street and a little hidden from Jetty’s called Guanabana. Cut little restaurant that’s outdoor under the trees overlooking the river that feeds into the ocean. Decent prices, reasonably good food (not high end eating but good food) and nice service. You can find it on Yelp and see some picture of the restaurant. In Jupiter, it’s replaced Jetty’s for us, at least for now. We’ve only eaten here once and that’s a pretty small sample size.
I second Guanabana’s. A fun and unique place to eat. I also like Rocco’s Tacos in WPB as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks

The master (i.e. 2BR side) of a 3BR only has one balcony and the 2nd BR has 2 twins. The studio side of the 3BR has the other balcony. Also, only the 2BR side of a 3BR are the only dedicated 2BR units and they are all oceanfront.

All the other 2BR units (Oceanside and oceanfront) are lock-offs.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I second Guanabana’s. A fun and unique place to eat. I also like Rocco’s Tacos in WPB as mentioned earlier in this thread.
Me 3.