• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Oak Resort by HGVC

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
It will be interesting to see what the pool area will be like after they open the new building and double the size of the resort. We were there in July and it was almost impossible to get a pool chair -- I can't imagine what it will be like with twice the number of people at the resort! :(

Kurt

I am wondering the exact same thing. I will be able to answer this question June of next year.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
We go in March. Part of the Phase 2 construction is supposed to be the addition of an adult pool between the clubhouse and building 2. That will help, but whether it will be ready when we go waits to be seen. I went onto the HGVC website to see if inventory had suddenly changed in March 2019, but it is still showing as virtually no availability. So who knows if that February target date is even real. Time will tell!

rog2867

TUG Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what the pool area will be like after they open the new building and double the size of the resort. We were there in July and it was almost impossible to get a pool chair -- I can't imagine what it will be like with twice the number of people at the resort! :(

Kurt
we were just there, last week in august, the place was empty, great week to go. The whole are pretty much deserted as the kids there are back to school.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
We go in March. Part of the Phase 2 construction is supposed to be the addition of an adult pool between the clubhouse and building 2. That will help, but whether it will be ready when we go waits to be seen. I went onto the HGVC website to see if inventory had suddenly changed in March 2019, but it is still showing as virtually no availability. So who knows if that February target date is even real. Time will tell!
That's good to know there will be another pool as they will definitely need it. I'm guessing that they will not load the additional inventory until they have a firm opening date, otherwise it could be a mess if they ran into construction delays, as you could imagine.

Kurt

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Part of the Phase 2 construction is supposed to be the addition of an adult pool between the clubhouse and building 2.

Ocean Oaks.jpg

I found this on HGVC video files. @CanuckTravlr is correct. I don't know when the additional pool will be completed. We will actually be at Ocean Oaks next month and then again June 2019. I will see what I can find out w/o going to an "owners update".

rog2867

TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 8113
I found this on HGVC video files. @CanuckTravlr is correct. I don't know when the additional pool will be completed. We will actually be at Ocean Oaks next month and then again June 2019. I will see what I can find out w/o going to an "owners update".
I was there last week. There is no hole even dug for the pool but it is marked and it is an adult only quiet pool

smsjzs

TUG Member
Reaction score
What kind of view does the guest room atOcean Oaks have? Hard to tell from any pictures or floor plan that I have seen. The MBR and living room appear to open out on to the balcony of the villa.I am assuming the guest bed room just has a small window that faces the common hallway of the floor, but could not tell.

Thanks

Steve

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Most second bedrooms at Ocean Oak will not have any windows (exceptions are the end units of the OF {1x07} and end units on Phase II, {2x10}. I am not positive about Phase II but it appears that way when it was being built.

pharmacistking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
SDO
The Grandview Las Vegas
MVC Grand Chateau
Most second bedrooms at Ocean Oak will not have any windows (exceptions are the end units of the OF {1x07} and end units on Phase II, {2x10}. I am not positive about Phase II but it appears that way when it was being built.
We stayed in Phase 2 this spring. There is no window in the smaller bedroom. Beautiful property. Phase 2 has Ocean view in lots of units

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
We stayed in Phase 2 this spring. There is no window in the smaller bedroom. Beautiful property. Phase 2 has Ocean view in lots of units

I was referring to the end units in Phase II (room 2x10). Those look like they have a window in the second bedroom similar to Phase I (room 1x07).

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 8113
I found this on HGVC video files.

We were there last June and Phase 2 was completed. The picture of that pool IS the 2nd pool. Phase 2 is an L shaped building with part parallel to the ocean then 90 degrees and facing the first building. The end then faces the end of the neighbor complex facing you in the picture. The L part of phase 2 appears to be on property originally belonging to the complex seen to the right of the pool in the picture. It appears to (along with the original building footprint close to another building) be a clever use of space to get all the buildings to fit. That 2nd pool was much quieter although not as scenic.

At checkin I asked the HGVC rep about the footprint and she said that the other building/complex I referred to has reciprocal rights to at least one pool and is included in garbage pickup. That seemed to confirm my suspicions that they likely acquired some land from the neighbor complex.