• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Beach Club in New Smyrna under new management - again

Teresa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been watching for the billing for our week at Ocean Beach Club. Called just now and after telling them I hadn't received the bill yet they said the budget was just approved on Friday and, because of the delay, there would be a delay in getting the bills out but the bill would be due end of February. Our week is #6 so it's in February. I asked if I could pay my bill by phone with a credit card and she said, 'sure, just call this number - it's the resort.'

Well, the number I had called HAD BEEN the resort's phone number. But I called the 'new' number and she said I needed to wait for the bill as they are no longer under Exploria (I'm guessing this happened on Friday too). I have to pay by check - no credit cards (understandable) - just wait for the bill. Just wondering what upcoming week owners are doing (have done). Sorta hard to deposit without paying it. Initially, we were going to use it ourselves so not paying 'early' wasn't a problem. Unfortunately, we may not be able to use it after all due to scheduling here in Ohio so I was going to pay and then deposit. Guess that won't work now. Funny - it's Race Week in Daytona but no one looking for an exchange will be able to get it - cause it won't be there.

This is Ocean Beach Club in New Smyrna Beach, FL (considered Daytona Beach area).

Any other owners of Ocean Beach Club had to deal with this yet?

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
But I called the 'new' number and she said I needed to wait for the bill as they are no longer under Exploria (I'm guessing this happened on Friday too).
So, who is managing the resort if they are "no longer under Exploria?"

Teresa

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, who is managing the resort if they are "no longer under Exploria?"
Can't remember and I'm not sure if she said a specific company. I'm sure I'll find out when I get the bill.

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
It will be interesting to hear how Exploria was kicked to the curb. I always assumed Exploria owned enough HOA inventory to control the HOAs at Ocean Beach Club, Ocean Sands, Sea Villas and Sunisands. Could DRI be in control now since they list Ocean Beach Club as an affiliate?

Teresa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes - it will be interesting. Kudos to the HOA if they were the ones making the decision. It could be that not all four resorts have jumped.The most interesting is that it seems that Exploria answered what used to be the resort's phone number (I think). And that they had me call the resort at another number to speak with them - not sure how that plays out.

It will be interesting to hear how Exploria was kicked to the curb. I always assumed Exploria owned enough HOA inventory to control the HOAs at Ocean Beach Club, Ocean Sands, Sea Villas and Sunisands. Could DRI be in control now since they list Ocean Beach Club as an affiliate?

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Could DRI be in control now since they list Ocean Beach Club as an affiliate?

DRI manages Ocean Beach Club in Va Beach.

We have an upcoming exchange into Sunisands. I was looking on the Exploria site a couple of weeks ago to see if anything had changed or there was any hurricane damage at Sunisands since our last visit, and it was no longer listed on the Exploria site. It was still showing Ocean Sands, Sea Villas and Sea Villas IV.

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
I hear rumours someone is buying weeks at this resort. Paying good money too.