• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No II 24 Hour Grace Period?

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told by II today that there is no 24 hour grace period for ongoing matches. This is completely ridiculous.

Is this right?

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to you both! I challenged the agent and she said she was making a "one time" exception. She was very definitive that no grace period applied to Hyatt corporate II memberships even after I tried to reason with her.

I will call back again and speak to another agent

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, what is the 24 hour grace period?

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I currently have an ongoing request with II. This language is listed on the request:

Request Confirmation Policy
Note: The system defaults for searching purposes to the Thursday prior to the dates you have entered. You may be confirmed without contact up to 30-days prior to the travel date requested for a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday check-in for any resorts included in your request. You may also be confirmed into any resort or time period requested, regardless of the order in which they are listed, without prior contact. For check-ins on Monday through Thursday, you will be contacted by Interval prior to confirmation. Once the request is confirmed, you have 24 hours to cancel for a full refund. Additionally, if for some reason we are unable to confirm your request, you will receive a full refund for your exchange fee.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Reviving old thread: I got a match today in II that I rather decline, so I remembered about the 24-hour grace period and called Hyatt, and was told that there is NO 24-hour grace period with Hyatt. The agent refused to do anything. Then I found this thread and I see that the agent may be wrong?

I logged in to my Hyatt II account and went through the motions to set up a new ongoing search, and it clearly says there IS a 24-hour grace period:

Note: The system defaults for searching purposes to the Thursday prior to the dates you have entered. You may be confirmed without contact up to 30-days prior to the travel date requested for a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday check-in for any resorts included in your request. You may also be confirmed into any resort or time period requested, regardless of the order in which they are listed, without prior contact. For check-ins on Monday through Thursday, you will be contacted by Interval prior to confirmation. Once the request is confirmed, you have 24 hours to cancel for a full refund. Additionally, if for some reason we are unable to confirm your request, you will receive a full refund for your exchange fee.

I will call Hyatt again tomorrow and try again. I will still be within 24 hours tomorrow.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Reviving old thread: I got a match today in II that I rather decline, so I remembered about the 24-hour grace period and called Hyatt, and was told that there is NO 24-hour grace period with Hyatt. The agent refused to do anything. Then I found this thread and I see that the agent may be wrong?

I logged in to my Hyatt II account and went through the motions to set up a new ongoing search, and it clearly says there IS a 24-hour grace period:

I will call Hyatt again tomorrow and try again. I will still be within 24 hours tomorrow.
When you said "call Hyatt", do you mean that you are calling Hyatt-dedicated II line? Hyatt should not having anything to do with II exchange for a Hyatt exchange.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
When you said "call Hyatt", do you mean that you are calling Hyatt-dedicated II line? Hyatt should not having anything to do with II exchange for a Hyatt exchange.

I call 1-800-go-hyatt, then it says something like "for interval international press 3", then they ask me for my Hyatt account info and can see both my Hyatt and Interval transactions.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
OK, I called back, and they are adamant there is NO 24 hours grace period for Hyatt II exchanges. They did it to me as a "one time exception", but they put a note on my account that they will NOT do it again for me in the future. They are saying the language about 24 hours on the II website does NOT apply to Hyatt. I spoke to multiple agents and supervisors.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
OK, I called back, and they are adamant there is NO 24 hours grace period for Hyatt II exchanges. They did it to me as a "one time exception", but they put a note on my account that they will NOT do it again for me in the future. They are saying the language about 24 hours on the II website does NOT apply to Hyatt. I spoke to multiple agents and supervisors.

Well then. They clearly need to change the language on the confirmation screen. Otherwise, I think they need to honor the language of their own Request Confirmation policy as you quoted above.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have read the same on the Interval Community forum. I was shocked to learn that Hyatt Owners do not have an 24 hour grace period on an II exchange.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Perhaps you need to clarify this with the Mark?

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I too have been told this by Hyatt on many occasions.

However, it's worth noting that the confirmation process is manual between interval and Hyatt (that may change at some point). If you don't have EEE points and have CUP it can take some time. For example, I recently confirmed an exchange and it took several days because they wanted me to prepay maintenance fees....they just never bothered to tell me that.

You can cancel an exchange when it is in the pending state.

My recommendation is to check very regularly. Sometimes exchanges can confirm in a couple of hours, and sometimes it can take a couple of days.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Perhaps you need to clarify this with the Mark?

I wrote to Mark, he apparently forwarded it to Hyatt, and I got this reply:

Thank you for your e-mail. Hyatt Residence Club owners do NOT have a 24 hour cancellation window for Interval International Exchanges at all. Once you are confirmed for an Exchange that confirmation is final and subject to the Cancellation Policy. This policy is the same for Interval International Pending Request, If your request is matched to 1 of the properties you have requested on your request list then that is a Confirmation no 24 hour Cancellation option is available for that confirmation.

Hyatt Residence Club Interval International Accounts Do NOT have a 24 hour cancellation option. All Confirmations are final and subject to the cancellation policy.

Should you have any additional inquiries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We look forward to hearing from you

They did not address the 24-hours free cancellation language when placing the request, and they are refusing to honor the accepted terms:

pg1.png

And then on the next page again:
pg2.png

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Seems like a policy where once Hyatt confirms the deposit on their side, there is no getting it back? Can you deposit Hyatt points/week into II to use later, or is everything an instant exchange or OGS with undeposited inventory?

Still no excuse for the wrong T&C.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Seems like a policy where once Hyatt confirms the deposit on their side, there is no getting it back? Can you deposit Hyatt points/week into II to use later, or is everything an instant exchange or OGS with undeposited inventory?

Still no excuse for the wrong T&C.

There is no depositing going on with Hyatt / II. It's just different buckets of points within Hyatt. When confirming an exchange, either pending or instant, Hyatt points are used at that moment, from different buckets according to a priority. EEE points first, then the oldest CUP / RCUP points, etc.

I don't get the reason for no 24 hours policy. It's not a technical reason related to points mechanics in any way: they are able to cancel, and they did it as a "one time exception", they just don't want to, for some reason. And yes, not honoring a written policy is unacceptable.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So the most surprising part for me was this:

"This policy is the same for Interval International Pending Request, If your request is matched to 1 of the properties you have requested on your request list then that is a Confirmation no 24 hour Cancellation option is available for that confirmation."

TBipp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House and Windward Pointe, Key West, FL
The Banyan Resort, Key West, FL
I agree with others on here. I am struggling to understand why the 24 hour rule is not available to Hyatt owners.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with others on here. I am struggling to understand why the 24 hour rule is not available to Hyatt owners.
So this is conjecture. I *think* the issue has to do with the confirmation process with Hyatt.

If you don’t have points in EEE it can pull points from RCUP, CUP, and HRPP.

When you make a confirmation is made in the Hyatt system you are relinquishing your rights to the usage of your week and you can’t really undo that.

In interval, if something confirms from a Hyatt members ongoing search an employee manually confirms the points and confirms the reservation. In the case of HRPP, the week that is feeding the points for the reservation then becomes available to the Hyatt system and that can’t be undone because another user within Hyatt’s system could confirm that week.

I think they designed it such that all exchanges are final for that reason.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
They are not final. Hyatt II exchanges can be cancelled just like non-Hyatt II exchanges, the difference is only in fees. Hyatt insists there are no "free" 24-hour grace period, but they will gladly cancel the exchange and keep $209.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
They are not final. Hyatt II exchanges can be cancelled just like non-Hyatt II exchanges, the difference is only in fees. Hyatt insists there are no "free" 24-hour grace period, but they will gladly cancel the exchange and keep $209.
But when you cancel an exchange, you don't get the relinquished week week/points back? That seems to be an issue. Hyatt doesn't want to deal with what is involved to undo that.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
But when you cancel an exchange, you don't get the relinquished week week/points back? That seems to be an issue. Hyatt doesn't want to deal with what is involved to undo that.

Yes, you get your points back. If you used HRPP points, they come back as CUP.