• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No Available Inventory at Williamsburg Resort in January & February, Strange but True

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen any other resort that's entirely off line for several months in 2018 and been that way for weeks?

Have you talked to a manager about when availability may return?

Of course, I have been talking with resort management ... for about two months, ie since before Thanksgiving when all reservations had been blocked for over a week ... then it came back, then it went away again and has been off line for over a month.

Resort Management expected everthing to be back to normal before Jan 1 === but the problem and solution are in Orlando, not at any individual resort.

Pats Place is not the Only resort with these problems, this is system-wide with any resort with "Lock-out" units.

Resorts with a high percentage of "lock-outs" are the most affected because it appears the 'flaw' was to upgrade everyone who booked PART of a Lock-out to get BOTH sides of the lock-out without taking the entire lock-out out of inventory. So, theoretically, THREE different groups could be assigned to a single lock-out unit.
At least that is what seems to have happened.

Pats Place is 100% lock-put and it's been hit worse than others. Fixing PP is likely a Low Priority since it's the least demanded of three Wyn resorts in Wmsburg during it's slowest season.

If I were doing Triage on this mess, I'd first be trying to scrub all the reservations at all the resorts in South Florida and Ski resorts

Has anyone seen any other resort that's entirely off line for several months in 2018 and been that way for weeks?

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Talked with Wendy Molina today who identified herself as a assistant resort manager. She said they do not have a resort manager. They will be getting one in the future. She also indicated that she does not know why Wyndham is not making inventory available. You appear to be best source of information for this thread. Thanks again.

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
More on PP status -
My family stayed there New Year's weekend.
We were in a 2 BR lockout which was auto upgraded at the 45 day point (gold VIP).
On Friday night - Dec 29 - the parking lots were very full as if the resort was indeed fully booked. But on Saturday and Sunday nights the parking lots were sparse. I would've asked the desk about inventory issues but it was obvious the desk was staffed with folks who wouldn't know. Plus the check-in person had a really bad cold and I tried to keep my distance.
Additional trivia about PP-
-the construction at the back was ongoing and has no effect on the resort
-we did the member survey to get a brand new guide for the website. Two page flyer that even an idiot would be insulted by.
-I asked if we could use the indoor pools at Governor's Green and Kingsgate. They said no, due to the holiday weekend. We took the grandkids anyway. We were at GG twice for a couple hours each. Not one other soul in the heated pool or hot tub. We also went to Kingsgate twice. There were about 10 other kids in the pool. Both other resorts had very sparse cars in the parking lots. Wyndham definitely shut down a lot of inventory at all three resorts.
-as to the heat pump, the lockout had two thermostats. The kids liked the temp at about 72, whereas my wife and I kept ours at about 68. No issues with a cold room even thought the temps were in the teens much of the weekend.

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score

Still No Availability in 2018 at Pat's Place for Wyndham owners.... but I did check Extra Holidays and sure enough I can get a small One BR for about $100/nite for all but one nite in the next 30 days, and most of February.

But I can't use my VIP Platinum Points to extend my current stay after January 14 ...... what's wrong with this picture?

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Still No Availability in 2018 at Pat's Place for Wyndham owners.... but I did check Extra Holidays and sure enough I can get a small One BR for about $100/nite for all but one nite in the next 30 days, and most of February.

But I can't use my VIP Platinum Points to extend my current stay after January 14 ...... what's wrong with this picture?

Conflict of interest. Wyndham's code.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
As of this morning, Wyndham is saying the problem In December was due to burst pipes now for every one reservations made its takes three other reservations away is why Wyndham has pulled the inventory.

It does not surprise me that Wyndham maybe using what I understand to be their option to use inventory within a certain number of days of check-in for their own purposes. I would think if the above reason is true, they could at least release one third of the inventory through the site and put a note on the site if availability is not showing to call in and they could book the remaining available inventory another way.

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update: The resort is now saying they have been told the Wyndham inventory should be back early in the week, next few days.

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
January 16 Update =====

No Change .... still NO Availability at Pat's Place, but that's the tip of the iceberg.

Wyndham pulled all "Lock-off/out" units out of inventory in December for ALL of 2018!
It's still almost impossible to find an available "Lock-off/out" unit at ANY Wyn resort in 2018.

That means perhaps 20% of Wyn's condo's are UNAVAILABLE ... and it's been that way for well over Six weeks.

If you are looking for Spring Break, or Summer at Any Wyndham resort --

it affects you because we are all chasing the same finite number of condos, except now that finite number is maybe 20% less than whatever it was last year.
Good luck!

This stems from a Reservation Systems Error that somehow was upgrading every reservation that reserved PART of the "Lock-out/off" and giving them Both parts of the "Lock-out/off" Without taking the units out of inventory. So potentially, THREE different parties could book part/all of the same unit.

This has been confirmed by Wyn employees at individual resorts as well as Orlando reps.

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Great "lock-off/out condo" inventory purge of 2017/18 apparently ended last Saturday January 20 after about Six Weeks when 90+% of ALL "lock-off/out condo" inventory was removed from inventory System wide.

The Wyn Reservation system had been allowing Overbooking of Any and All Lock-off/out Units at ALL Wyndham resorts.
As a result, Wyn pull 90+% of "Lock-out/off" condos out of inventory for ALL of 2018.

This likely resulted in a 20+% inventory reduction System-Wide.

At some resorts, like Patriot's Place in Wmsburg, 100% of it's inventory was removed for All of 2018.
For almost two months, it was Impossible to make Any reservations there.

Now that this latest System Failure has been resolved -- hopefully forever -- folks should have seen some extra inventory showing up at ALL resorts with 'lock-pit/off' condos.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Not sure it is fixed.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure it is a system error that relates to lock off unit. 1 bedrooms are gone in many of these resorts , which prevents the ability to have a upgrade from a small unit.. I believe Arkansas has all units available...But not a very popular resort..

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure it is a system error that relates to lock off unit. 1 bedrooms are gone in many of these resorts , which prevents the ability to have a upgrade from a small unit.. I believe Arkansas has all units available...But not a very popular resort..

I am sure the "Lock-out/off" inventory purge was indeed the result of a Wyn Res System flaw which I described in earlier posts which resulted in the blocking of reservations in a "Lock-off/out" units in ALL resorts with such units.

It was possible in most resorts that you could book PARTS of a Lock-off/out, but not the whole lock-off.

Hopefully, it's all past history now ..... but the history is the history and it was ultimately confirmed to me by supervisor/managers at both local resorts and Orlando reservations/customer care folks.