• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No Answer on ROFR

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
11/1/18 was the 30th day on the ROFR process.

I have followed up with broker, says he has not heard anything, but left message and emailed them.

On 11/2. I also called left message and emailed them.

Both #’s I called say they are out of office. So no answer to message or emails.

Any ideas on what I should do?

This one was for Conconut Plantation. I had another one for Pinion Pointe, and got passing waiver in a couple weeks.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Legally, you can proceed with the transaction as if you got a waiver. In practice, however, how Hyatt reacts is unknown.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
While unusual, this kind of thing is not unprecedented. I agree with echino: proceed from here. Hyatt has not performed according to its own rules, and so the closing should move forward at the agreed purchase price.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I usually tend to think if you don't hear back on ROFR, it isn't the developer that dropped the ball, it is the one that was submitting (or failed to) the ROFR waiver request.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
11/1/18 was the 30th day on the ROFR process.

I have followed up with broker, says he has not heard anything, but left message and emailed them.

On 11/2. I also called left message and emailed them.

Both #’s I called say they are out of office. So no answer to message or emails.

Any ideas on what I should do?

This one was for Conconut Plantation. I had another one for Pinion Pointe, and got passing waiver in a couple weeks.

I hope you get it...and it passes ROFR...Did the broker tell you the date that they submitted this for ROFR? My girlfriend that bought her Hyatt Beach House found out that her ROFR was not submitted till October 29th, so she still has a bit of a wait... I so hope you get it

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I hope you get it...and it passes ROFR...Did the broker tell you the date that they submitted this for ROFR? My girlfriend that bought her Hyatt Beach House found out that her ROFR was not submitted till October 29th, so she still has a bit of a wait... I so hope you get it
He says he emailed it 10/2

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt

I was told by an agent and escrow that Hyatt has 30 business days to decide on ROFR, so technically they have about 6 more days to decide, sorry...
My escrow company submitted the ROFR request, and later asked for an update around the 30 calendar day mark. They got the waiver back
in about a day. Hyatt(Vistana if they've taken over these functions) could be pretty backlogged.

IMO, I think the location will have a lot to do with whether they get ROFR'ed, depending upon what popular areas Marriott or Vistana as steward, doesn't currently
have in their inventory of TS resort locations. Sedona is not as in demand as Key West or gulf side Florida (don't get me wrong, I like and am buying Sedona).
Or maybe hopefully for all buyers, they're pretty low on ROFR budget for this calendar year :ponder: I hope it will come thru; just wait a little longer...

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hyatt rules say:

If you decide to sell your interval on your own or through a resale company, please follow these 3 easy steps:
• Once you have identified a buyer, submit your proposed sales contract signed by you and the Buyer to Danielle Watson (email: Danielle.Watson@hyattvoi.com), at Hyatt Vacation Ownership. The Developer of your timeshare/fractional resort has a first right of refusal to purchase the interval at the same price, terms, and conditions as any resale offer.
• You will be notified within thirty (30) days (fifteen (15) days for Grand Aspen and Ka’anapali Beach owners) of receipt of your notice of the developer’s intent. If the developer does not exercise their right of first refusal, you may proceed with your resale.
• Forward a copy of the recorded deed, signed resale affidavit (affidavit will be provided by HRC at time of transfer), buyer’s contact information and transfer fee (currently $650 payable to Hyatt Residence Club) to the attention of the Transfer Coordinator. Your HRC membership will be transferred to the Buyer within thirty (30) business days from the date all requirements are received.

It looks like 30 days for ROFR unless Grand Aspen or Maui.

Transfer will be completed in 30 business days.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Unless the CC&R documents specifically state business days, it will actually be based on calendar days.

northjerseyjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Wellington (Newport, RI), Hyatt Residence Club Coconut Plantation (Bonita Springs, Fl), Inn on Long Wharf (Newport, RI)
I am at HRC Coconut I can speak to now of anyone here that plantation this week. Do you know anyone here that

I can speak to in your behalf? We bought here on the secondhand market in July with a very low price that passed ROFR.

I think it will probably pass.

Jim

northjerseyjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Wellington (Newport, RI), Hyatt Residence Club Coconut Plantation (Bonita Springs, Fl), Inn on Long Wharf (Newport, RI)
OOPS! Proof read before posting! I will be happy to speak directly to anyone here on your behalf. We leave next Sunday (11/11)

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Unless the real estate agent / closer / whatever actually included you in the email or forwarded it to you proving that they submitted it on 10/2, I would NOT take their word for it! Speaking from experience!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Unless the real estate agent / closer / whatever actually included you in the email or forwarded it to you proving that they submitted it on 10/2, I would NOT take their word for it! Speaking from experience!

Even if you do not have proof, I would push your broker / closer to tell them you must move to closing since they told you 10/2 and its now 11/7... 30 days have passed and since Hyatt did not respond you want to proceed with closing...

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Even if you do not have proof, I would push your broker / closer to tell them you must move to closing since they told you 10/2 and its now 11/7... 30 days have passed and since Hyatt did not respond you want to proceed with closing...

Ok so a bit frustrated broker admitted yesterday he did not send it in till 10/16. Even though I have an email from him on 10/2 say he sent it in 30 minutes ago.

Asked what happened and he said he didn’t have all owners info until then. Not sure what would have been missing contract had names, contract #, and owner #.

At least I now there is a reason for the hold up.... For what it’s worth the broker is also a fellow tugger, so hopefully all works out in the end.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Ok so a bit frustrated broker admitted yesterday he did not send it in till 10/16. Even though I have an email from him on 10/2 say he sent it in 30 minutes ago.

Asked what happened and he said he didn’t have all owners info until then. Not sure what would have been missing contract had names, contract #, and owner #.

At least I now there is a reason for the hold up.... For what it’s worth the broker is also a fellow tugger, so hopefully all works out in the end.
That's so unprofessional. Very disappointing. And I have a feeling I know who your broker is, and he does a LOT of Hyatt business. He wasn't truthful with you--and I'm guessing he intended to get your paperwork conveyed to Hyatt on 2 October but it fell through the proverbial cracks and, two weeks later, someone in the office had an "oh crap" moment and sent it in right away. At least you know now what is going on, and can expect an answer within a week or so.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

What did you put an offer on? I would think the waiting for ROFR would be the hardest part.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That will probably pass.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I love that place, I have driven past it but have never stayed there...I love their christmas decorations...
I have never stayed on HRC side. But have stayed on hotel side 3 times it’s always a great time.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m hoping my girlfriends beach house passes rofr and if it does she said we would do a girls week at that resort. She just found out hers was not submitted for ROFR till Nov 2. She is angry at her broker as he told her he submitted it in October.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt

I’m hoping my girlfriends beach house passes rofr and if it does she said we would do a girls week at that resort. She just found out hers was not submitted for ROFR till Nov 2. She is angry at her broker as he told her he submitted it in October.

Sorry for the longer wait. Hope both will pass by Thanksgiving or so: an early Christmas present waiver. I tried to not get antsy about my own waiver request, by getting involved in a home project which helped to fixate me on something else :)

I think RE agents are best at certain stages of the process, with timeshare agents good at the initial selling and negotiating stage. Since their TS commissions are much less than fee simple sales, they need more sales volume. I have a RE agent acquaintance who in contrast wasn't as good at finding prospective properties to show us, but was great on the contract negotiation and after-sale details.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Frustration continues. I have email sent broker from Hyatt on 10/16 acknowledging they received the documents. So here we are at a-verified 31st day and no response from Hyatt to either my email, or messages or those left by broker.

I called Stephanie Roberts, said her voicemail was no longer active. Called Mayra and left message and emailed transfer department no answer.

When I called Stephanie Roberts the message saying her account was no longer active gave an 800 number to call. I called it and prompt said 1 for MF questions or 2 for loan question then after a delay repeated so I tried 1.

Was told transfer department was relocating and they only had email contact at this time.

Guess that is not working either.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dang, legally this should now be yours.