• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Next resort system subforum?

What Timeshare system should be the next TUG subforum?

• Holiday Inn Club Vacations

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Bluegreen

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Westgate

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Welk

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
with DRI making it into the big leagues, and Hyatt not far behind, what would be the next obvious choice for a subforum?

Given recent activity, it would appear HICV is the early winner, but ill make a poll just in case someone can make a valid case for another system.

HICV/BG/Westgate and Welk are the only major systems I see even mentioned in the past 5-10 pages of the main forum.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Activity on the Facebook Bluegreen group I belong to is high. With a little nudging they might become tuggers.

Just for the record, I own at Blue Ridge Village, Banner Elk NC only fixed weeks. Bluegreen Now handles sales and management.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Holiday Inn has been growing via expansion. Global Choice is a interesting option.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I voted for BG because they have some very nice resorts in SC.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Can't you add more than one?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
My 2 cents -based on regularly reading " recent posts"
I voted for HICV Holiday Inn.

1) HICV has TUG activity in part because of the 2016 acquisition of Silverleaf .
I would possibly list it as "including Silverleaf " so newbies looking for information post in the correct forum

2) Blue Green could be a future consideration - if they keep growing and remain independent.
It is also is a points system ( now) & " how to best use " often requires the kind of knowledge base responses that TUG members are good at providing .

3)Welk is westcoast only and may be fine in that forum and the "all other" Forum

4)Westgate is somewhat Orlando concentric . There is regular TUG activity in the- how to get out of Westgate thread(s)
Beyond that (IMO) - Westgate is a fairly easy system to buy resale & use ** . Buy a fixed week in a (large) 3 bedroom with a MF of approx $1200 in the Orlando area.
Christmas , New Years , Presidents , Spring Break Weeks can be found on ebay VERY inexpensively / Never buy a float week as many benefits are stripped upon resale .
If you ski & find a great winter Park City fixed week - same thing . (ditto Branson etc if you want & can use a specific fixed week ) Disconnect the room phone to avoid the sales weasels .
** TUG Wastegate reputation ignored (temporarily for this thread)

added -5) Vacation Villages - most questions posted are about the variety of resale / RCI points amounts (on fixed weeks) at Grandview or VV Parkway .These get regularly answered by experienced TUG members . Very few are about actual usage . (IMO) .

Last edited:

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I think Holiday Inn Club Vacations (Orange Lakes Country Club, Silverleaf) has a wide interest because of the transition and they seem to want to become one of the major players in the industry. As such, I see there will probably be turmoil in their system.

Does HICV need the following resorts:
  • Lake O' the Woods
  • Ozark Mountain Resort
  • Holly Lake Resort
  • 2 resorts in Galveston
  • Orlando Breeze
I think that there will probably be some changes made which will cause a great gnashing of teeth.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think Holiday Inn Club Vacations (Orange Lakes Country Club, Silverleaf) has a wide interest because of the transition and they seem to want to become one of the major players in the industry. As such, I see there will probably be turmoil in their system.

Does HICV need the following resorts:
  • Lake O' the Woods
  • Ozark Mountain Resort
  • Holly Lake Resort
  • 2 resorts in Galveston
  • Orlando Breeze
I think that there will probably be some changes made which will cause a great gnashing of teeth.

I agree that HICV seems to be one of the faster expanding companies. Also, they have the ability to offer hotel points, which I think is a big deal (there are some pretty nice Intercontinental Hotels).

Although I doubt they cut any resorts loose. What incentive would they have to do so? They collect fees for managing the resorts, can use them for sales, collect fees from people booking the resorts, and get another dot on the map. Even if they aren't popular, I doubt they'd shut them down because there would be no financial benefit to HICV to do so.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Although I doubt they cut any resorts loose. What incentive would they have to do so? They collect fees for managing the resorts, can use them for sales, collect fees from people booking the resorts, and get another dot on the map. Even if they aren't popular, I doubt they'd shut them down because there would be no financial benefit to HICV to do so.
They would not shut them down, but sell them ... hmmmm.

I'm sure that they want to expand west, there could be some horse trading with another regional that wants to expand. If they could sell some resorts, it could make more capital available for expansion.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a member with both Bluegreen and Welk, but my sense is that HICV has the most traffic here. I think HICV should get the promotion.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
there is nothing against adding more if applicable....HICV and BG were at the top of my list but i wanted to see if anything else had a valid shot at overtaking those!

eschjw

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oakmont
I voted for Bluegreen but HICV probably has the most active TUG members that are discussing that system. Good information on Bluegreen seems to be harder to find. I am a HICV owner who is close to the finish line on my deed back. A few of my friends are happy Bluegreen owners.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
added -5) Vacation Villages - most questions posted are about the variety of resale / RCI points amounts (on fixed weeks) at Grandview or VV Parkway .These get regularly answered by experienced TUG members . Very few are about actual usage . (IMO) .

Agree with Vacation Village.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not to complain ... BUT, didn't HICV win?(At this time HICV was on top with 10 votes :ponder:)
:)

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Not to complain ... BUT, didn't HICV win?(At this time HICV was on top with 10 votes :ponder:)
and seems like HICV gets brought up a lot more often. I'm sure it'll be next.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
At the time the forum was created, was HIVC in front?

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To be fair, I think at the time the BlueGreen subforum was created, they were tied.