• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

News about Royal Caribbean (CanCun)

Ellis2ca

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm staying at the Royal Caribbean, week 1 and 2 (Jan 2019) and here is the little bit of news that I might be adding for those interested.

The Royal Caribbean is still operating as a Royal Resort until April, 2019. I came with "points" that I purchased on a "discover" deal, which was a very good deal (for me) because it gave me enough points so that I could rent a full Villa at the Royal Sands or Royal Caribbean or Royal Haciendas for two weeks...

But when it came time for me to try to make the reservation, I could not get even a few days at Royal Sands or Royal Haciendas (I had hoped to get a few days at Royal Haciendas, to try it out for the first time...) and they said I could only get a suite at the Royal Caribbean... I insisted, I was quite angry, and finally they said I could get a full Villa but I must pay $150 more for extra points, which I accepted, and so here I am.

I was informed (by Armando Millet, head boss of operations) that operations end after Easter, and then they will stop for one year while they "renovate" the Royal Caribbean for about one year... I was also told that owners of Royal Caribbean were paid (or will soon be paid...) 57% of Residual Value, which is about 15% more than they paid to Royal Mayan owners (which I was very unhappy with, as a Royal Mayan owner of 5 weeks).

There is also a rumor that the Royal Caribbean will NOT be renovated as suites, but rather as hotel rooms... if this is true, then the living room and kitchen area will be redone into a hotel room and each Villa will become 3 separate hotel rooms (I would guess that they can be connected if a family would like to rent two or three rooms) and the rumor is that it will be "all inclusive" and closed to Royal Resort members who are not staying at the Royal Caribbean.

So, if this is true... goodbye to Royal Caribbean for the rest of us.

So I am probably at the Royal Caribbean for the last time in my life, and this makes me feel very sad, but that is how it is.

WLEE100919

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when we will receive the residual value? I thought RC has said that we would get it by March or April of 2019. But, if the closure is at the end of April, then when will we get the residual value back?