TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie question on timeline to get account set up....

Discussion in 'Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood)' started by vansan, Jun 14, 2018.

1. vansan

vansan Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Sheraton Desert Oasis
    Hi Everyone - I've poured over the information on this site and very grateful to all of you for compiling and sharing.

My mom has gifted me her timeshare at Sheraton Desert Oasis. I've completed all the paperwork (I think). The quitclaim deed was recorded by the county and that was sent electronically to the title department. I then spoke to the Member Admin. Department who said I needed a Gift Notification Form signed/notarized to ensure it was recorded as an authorized resale....ok, done! So now I painfully wait....

How long does this process take to get transferred to my name and an online account set up? Should I bug the title department after a couple of weeks?

Also my mom hasn't banked her 2018 week. What is the deadline to have that done?

Thank you again.

Sandra

2. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    For external resales, they have been running about four weeks. I would expect this to go through the same area and take the same amount of time. July 1st is the deadline to bank StarOptions for most owners. However, if she banks, they may get lost when they transfer the ownership to you and you will be SOL. Banked SOs don't transfer and if she has no other ownerships left, they will simply close her VSN account.

3. KACTravels

KACTravels TUG Member

Does quit claiming to a child from Mom transfer full privileges of purchasing from Vistana or is it more like a resale? Is that why you need an “authorized resale” certificate? If so, when is a resale and “authorized resale”?

4. mauitraveler

mauitraveler TUG Member

Since the quitclaim deed has been recorded, and the Gift Notification form has been sent in, is it too late for the OP's mom to quickly make a reservation for sometime during 2018 with the OP as a guest instead worrying about the loss of the 2018 SOs? It would be sad to see her lose the SOs.

5. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    The SOs won't be lost, they will just have to be used in 2018 if it doesn't transfer until after 7/1. Even if they make a reservation, if it isn't what they want and they cancel, the SOs still have to be used in 2018.

6. mauitraveler

mauitraveler TUG Member

dioxide45, Thanks for the clarification! CJ