• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Years Resolution

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, VacationForever, my new resolutions are the followings: to cut on carbs, losing some weight, lower my blood pressure, to improve my hearing, enjoy life, and learn to relax.
I'm with Panina basically.
I already eat fewer carbs, but can try to limit cheating on chocolate.
Pedro, how do you improve your hearing?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Our new year’s resolution is to live healthier (eating, exercise, supplements, etc) and downsize (getting rid of stuff we don’t really need/use).

We spent last Christmas and the first part of this year downsizing my mother-in-law from her home to a small apartment in a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC). Let’s just say it was an eye opening experience.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I love working out. I do so almost everyday. My problem is my diet. Too much carbs and red meats. My wife and I together are going to made a resolution to eat better in 2019.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Nope. Haven't had one in years.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I tend to make little changes to my life throughout the year, so there isn't much left for a big-commitment New Year's resolution. They're building a new gym close to where I live, and it's opening in January. I've signed up, and want to use it to try to strengthen my arthritic knees, tone up my aging muscles, and improve my lap-swimming ability. I'm a reasonably good swimmer in open water, but have never been able to use a lap pool for a workout. We'll see how things go.

So if there is a New Year's resolution for me this year, it's to go into my (planned) retirement next Summer with a more fit perspective.

Dave

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
My resolution would be to stop eating junk food (i.e. potato chips) & ice cream.
But when DW brings them home, I feel it's my duty not to leave all of it to her.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Over the years I have always had the same two

1. Loose 10-15 pounds. I always do it (sometimes twice a year!) but always manage to put it back on. Maybe I should adjust to loose it AND keep it off!

2. Wash the makeup off my face before bed. This one I fail miserably at! I brush and floss my teeth, I take my contacts out....but I can't seem to add face washing to the nighttime routine. (hum....maybe if I had more wash clothes!)

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We haven't had a News Years resolution for decades. For me it was way back in the 80's. On New Years Day 1981 , I forever gave up lime vodka.

Bill

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Wash the makeup off my face before bed.
I like to use the Neutrogena disposable make up removing towelettes, and then finish off with a warm wash cloth. It's a lot more convenient and less messy than trying to wash your face over the sink. I like the moisturizing towelettes, but they have different varieties, depending on your skin type. I'm almost positive that the CVS housebrand is identical to the Neutrogena brand - and cheaper. They look, feel, and smell the same.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I like to use the Neutrogena disposable make up removing towelettes, and then finish off with a warm wash cloth. It's a lot more convenient and less messy than trying to wash your face over the sink. I like the molsiturizing towelettes, but they have different varieties, depending on your skin type. I'm almost positive that the CVS housebrand is identical to the Neutrogena brand - and cheaper. They look, feel, and smell the same.
I agree with you, I believe CVS is like the Neutrogena brand and when you buy a two pack you save lots of money.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You know what I like in lieu of desert? Peppermint tea: no caffeine and it's good for digestion.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
You know what I like in lieu of desert? Peppermint tea: no caffeine and it's good for digestion.
I love peppermint tea too. Once I tried it there was no going back to any other type of tea.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tend to make little changes to my life throughout the year, so there isn't much left for a big-commitment New Year's resolution.

So if there is a New Year's resolution for me this year, it's to go into my (planned) retirement next Summer with a more fit perspective.

Dave

New Year's resolutions aren't for me. New Year's resolutions are usually a set-up for failure for most. Anyone whose ever been in the gym in January has seen it. The gym is packed. By February, things are starting to balance out again. Probably 95% of the resolutioners are outta there.

Who really needs resolutions dictated by a calendar? As Dave does, resolve to make little changes throughout the year.

I didn't wait for NY's to make a decision this past year to work on my health and well-being. Procrastinating until the first of the year to make this commitment to myself would make no sense. My feeling is resolutions made on New Year's are a set up for failure most times. When the need arises and the motivation to make change is there, go for it. Don't wait for a date on the calendar.

Like you, Dave; to go into my (planned) retirement in two years, I need to be more healthy and fit. That's the top goal for me. It can be done. It's more than a goal. It's a personal requirement for my retirement. I want to retire, so I've given myself a full two years to get on top of things. I'm fortunate that this is doable. No resolutions needed (they rarely work anyway).

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
New Year's resolutions aren't for me. New Year's resolutions are usually a set-up for failure for most. Anyone whose ever been in the gym in January has seen it. The gym is packed. By February, things are starting to balance out again. Probably 95% of the resolutioners are outta there.

Who really needs resolutions dictated by a calendar? As Dave does, resolve to make little changes throughout the year.

I didn't wait for NY's to make a decision this past year to work on my health and well-being. Procrastinating until the first of the year to make this commitment to myself would make no sense. My feeling is resolutions made on New Year's are a set up for failure most times. When the need arises and the motivation to make change is there, go for it. Don't wait for a date on the calendar.

Like you, Dave; to go into my (planned) retirement in two years, I need to be more healthy and fit. That's the top goal for me. It can be done. It's more than a goal. It's a personal requirement for my retirement. I want to retire, so I've given myself a full two years to get on top of things. I'm fortunate that this is doable. No resolutions needed (they rarely work anyway).

I have found by making a New Year's weight resolution, that several times by April I was actually ready to start and reach my goal by the end of September! Of course fifteen months after that I'm back to another January/April resolution!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Do you have a New Years Resolution?

My New Years Resolution is not to have one this year. That’s a first for me.

Actually, the past few years I have not made one. Actually, I never liked "New Years Eve" either. I prefer to just wake up on January 1st and carry on like any day.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Same ol' same ol' for me -- cutting way back on sweets and losing 25 pounds. I'm going to try the no calories after dinner routine. Finish dinner, brush my teeth, hot decaf tea if I feel like I need something around 9pm.

I do that and I am still fat...SMH...