• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham timeshare owner within cancellation period - need some quick advice!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
So where are you at with this?

Rescission is in process. I’m now working on a new deal using PIC, on my own terms this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescission is in process. I’m now working on a new deal using PIC, on my own terms this time around.

So could you log in from the first purchase? My account is still such a mess.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
So could you log in from the first purchase? My account is still such a mess.

I haven’t tried since Monday but last I tried yes I could still login. Not really any reason to login at this point since I’m heading in a different direction now. The telesales rep told me to expect a lot of odd account issues during the transition period.

Hoosier64

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek
I haven’t tried since Monday but last I tried yes I could still login. Not really any reason to login at this point since I’m heading in a different direction now. The telesales rep told me to expect a lot of odd account issues during the transition period.

What types of deals did the telesales rep have available? Every so often Wyndham corporate calls me but normally I just let them leave a voicemail.

I just rescinded a contract last week and I checked today and all the contract information was removed. I have other Wyndham accounts so I didn't have any problems logging in but I'm looking to add a new deal either via telesales or next week when I visit Williamsburg. The previous deal I had wasn't that bad but I saw a few posts where the cost were much cheaper so I'm going to attempt to work a deal for the same amount of points but at least $4-5,000 cheaper. I plan to add two PICs to get back to VIP Gold level.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
What types of deals did the telesales rep have available? Every so often Wyndham corporate calls me but normally I just let them leave a voicemail.

I just rescinded a contract last week and I checked today and all the contract information was removed. I have other Wyndham accounts so I didn't have any problems logging in but I'm looking to add a new deal either via telesales or next week when I visit Williamsburg. The previous deal I had wasn't that bad but I saw a few posts where the cost were much cheaper so I'm going to attempt to work a deal for the same amount of points but at least $4-5,000 cheaper. I plan to add two PICs to get back to VIP Gold level.

I went from $201/1k with 120k bonus (resort sales) to $145/1k with 295k bonus (telesales) plus a rebate for 105k. I added 2 PICs as well. We didn't even attempt to save a few dollars per point as the move was already saving us almost $6k. Now if I could just get that 8 hours 53 minutes back. :(

The rescinded contract was loaded really quickly. And so was the new contract. But then the rescinded stuff dropped off. And then so did most of the new contract stuff. So now three weeks later, we have the points and the bonus points as well as the RT that go with them. I have the temporary VIP with unlimited HK. They gave me 5 guest certificates (then deducted the two that I used months ago.) I have Wyndham perks but not plus partners. And none of my contracts are "Wyndhamized." And the PICs are nowhere to be seen, which is the root of most of my problems.

Oh, and my well aged Disney searches on my RCI Wyndham portal have disappeared. That was an added bonus. :(

Hoosier64

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek
I went from $201/1k with 120k bonus (resort sales) to $145/1k with 295k bonus (telesales) plus a rebate for 105k. I added 2 PICs as well. We didn't even attempt to save a few dollars per point as the move was already saving us almost $6k. Now if I could just get that 8 hours 53 minutes back. :(

The rescinded contract was loaded really quickly. And so was the new contract. But then the rescinded stuff dropped off. And then so did most of the new contract stuff. So now three weeks later, we have the points and the bonus points as well as the RT that go with them. I have the temporary VIP with unlimited HK. They gave me 5 guest certificates (then deducted the two that I used months ago.) I have Wyndham perks but not plus partners. And none of my contracts are "Wyndhamized." And the PICs are nowhere to be seen, which is the root of most of my problems.

Oh, and my well aged Disney searches on my RCI Wyndham portal have disappeared. That was an added bonus. :(

I would really be interested in finding out who you spoke with to get the deal for $145/1k. If I can work out a deal without having to waste vacation time, that would be great.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I would really be interested in finding out who you spoke with to get the deal for $145/1k. If I can work out a deal without having to waste vacation time, that would be great.

Sent you a PM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

Just got a rescission confirmation email this morning, so I actually DID get a response/confirmation of rescission.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

The xxx/1000 points will vary depending on how many points you are looking to purchase. The higher the points volume, the lower the xxx/1000 points price. What are you looking to purchase? I can tell you that I was at 155/1000 for a 126k/174k contract with the sales weasel - and at 145/1000 for a 200k/300k contract. I'm under 140/1000 for a 105/295k contract with the corporate inside sales rep, which also includes two PIC properties. There's also a current rebate which drives the xxx/1000 even lower. I'm actually going with two 105k/295k contracts instead of one 192k/192k contract - which is the minimum needed to obtain VIP Gold with two PIC properties - at a lower xxx/1000 cost so we get more bonus points and obtain temp platinum VIP for a full two years at a slightly higher xxx/1000 cost. This way we can test drive platinum VIP for two years, after which we drop back to permanent VIP Gold, or pursue another avenue to obtain permanent platinum VIP at that point in time. PM me if you want to discuss pricing and the corporate sales contact in more detail.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

I tried last night, my login account has been suspended due to the rescission. Account still exists (it recognizes the credentials still), but it has been disabled.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Credits for our rescission posted in full as of today on the two credit cards we used (the Wyndham card held most of the rescission balance). Progress!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
New Wyndham contracts in place, pending completion of purchase contracts for the two PIC timeshares. One PIC purchase contract in hand, still waiting on the other PIC contract from the vendor. Hoping to close out this whole process this week. :)

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
New Wyndham contracts in place, pending completion of purchase contracts for the two PIC timeshares. One PIC purchase contract in hand, still waiting on the other PIC contract from the vendor. Hoping to close out this whole process this week. :)

Good for you!

I am getting nowhere with my account. I am almost at the thirty day mark and my PICs are nowhere to be seen. Hence, the new profile pic, courtesy of Wyndham.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Good for you!

I am getting nowhere with my account. I am almost at the thirty day mark and my PICs are nowhere to be seen. Hence, the new profile pic, courtesy of Wyndham.

Sorry to hear dude. My account is still disabled of course. We are hoping to get the new contract in place before they delete my current account.

I just received reviewed signed the second PIC purchase contract today and sent it back to Wyndham as proof of purchase. We should be able to wrap up the Wyndham contracts at this point unless something comes back telling me otherwise. Baby steps right?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
So as a supposition as to why my account isn't set up properly, they threw it out there that it may have been selected for a random audit, and they asked me to submit a maintenance fee statement and then I never responded to it. So there you have it, the answer to "Do they check?"

Hoosier64

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek
So as a supposition as to why my account isn't set up properly, they threw it out there that it may have been selected for a random audit, and they asked me to submit a maintenance fee statement and then I never responded to it. So there you have it, the answer to "Do they check?"

This statement answers one of the questions I had last week.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Wyndham closing scheduled for July 23 pending completion of all open items, which looks good at this point. Approaching the finish line finally! :)

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I have been reading this thread with amusement and interest. I have no need for VIP at this time, but possibly when I retire in a few years it may be worth PICing my way to gold with some direct purchases.

But, I know I would be pissed off If I bought points direct so I could PIC only to have resort become a points resort, drop RCI or Wyndham change rules again.

Wouldn’t it just be safer to.... Buy a Platinum persons account under an arrangement. You pay them going resell rate for the account. They add you to the account as another member you give them say 500K points for 1 or 2 year for reservations and you pay MF’s then you remove them from the contract a year later. Now you have a Platinum account for less than $10K plus MF you give up 500K Points for one year. I am sure their are people nearing the end of their travel days and would be more than happy to work a deal like this vice giving back to Wyndham. You would also have the $299 fee per contract to add yourself to each one closing and recording fees.

Next I have RCI points and some of what you see at 60 days in Wyndham’s system I can get on RCI for even less than a Platinum VIP even adding exchange fees. This is hit or miss and a lot of time I can find stuff not even available in Wyndham’s system.

Example I just looked at Austin TX for next month 1 week in 1 Bedroom is 6000 RCI Points I pay about .0082 per RCI point so this unit plus exchange fee of $239 will cost me $288.20 for a week if a Platinum gets a 50% discount this would be 125K points to stay at average of $5.75 /1000points this would cost $718.75 or 249% more than the RCI exchange, plus you can’t get same unit either in Wyndham weekends are not available. Notice the normal points that are crossed out would still have been cheaper than a Wyndham platinum reservation even with exchange fee.

BFB7A36D-1144-4D92-B8F8-9FEE3774CEB6.jpeg

When I first got into Wyndham I felt the need to get to VIP Gold or Platinum, but as time has gone on and I have learned how to better use exchange systems and other TS programs, I’m not so sure it’s worth doing unless I can just take over a VIP’s account leaving status in tact. But I have a few years to ponder and already more TS’s than I have vacation to use.:doh:

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been reading this thread with amusement and interest. I have no need for VIP at this time, but possibly when I retire in a few years it may be worth PICing my way to gold with some direct purchases.

But, I know I would be pissed off If I bought points direct so I could PIC only to have resort become a points resort, drop RCI or Wyndham change rules again.

Wouldn’t it just be safer to.... Buy a Platinum persons account under an arrangement. You pay them going resell rate for the account. They add you to the account as another member you give them say 500K points for 1 or 2 year for reservations and you pay MF’s then you remove them from the contract a year later. Now you have a Platinum account for less than $10K plus MF you give up 500K Points for one year. I am sure their are people nearing the end of their travel days and would be more than happy to work a deal like this vice giving back to Wyndham. You would also have the $299 fee per contract to add yourself to each one closing and recording fees.

Next I have RCI points and some of what you see at 60 days in Wyndham’s system I can get on RCI for even less than a Platinum VIP even adding exchange fees. This is hit or miss and a lot of time I can find stuff not even available in Wyndham’s system.

Example I just looked at Austin TX for next month 1 week in 1 Bedroom is 6000 RCI Points I pay about .0082 per RCI point so this unit plus exchange fee of $239 will cost me $288.20 for a week if a Platinum gets a 50% discount this would be 125K points to stay at average of $5.75 /1000points this would cost $718.75 or 249% more than the RCI exchange, plus you can’t get same unit either in Wyndham weekends are not available. Notice the normal points that are crossed out would still have been cheaper than a Wyndham platinum reservation even with exchange fee.

View attachment 7525

When I first got into Wyndham I felt the need to get to VIP Gold or Platinum, but as time has gone on and I have learned how to better use exchange systems and other TS programs, I’m not so sure it’s worth doing unless I can just take over a VIP’s account leaving status in tact. But I have a few years to ponder and already more TS’s than I have vacation to use.:doh:

I'm not sure of the exact mechanism, but I've heard that Wyndham will not count points for a unit towards VIP if there is no one from the original Wyndham contract on the deed. If an agreement can be worked out by which the old owner stays on all of the developed-purchased deeds permanently, then this works, but there's not really any way to completely remove the previous owner and maintain status. It's possible if the original owner was kept on just one contract, it would work, but there are definitely risks.

-Scott

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I'm not sure of the exact mechanism, but I've heard that Wyndham will not count points for a unit towards VIP if there is no one from the original Wyndham contract on the deed. If an agreement can be worked out by which the old owner stays on all of the developed-purchased deeds permanently, then this works, but there's not really any way to completely remove the previous owner and maintain status. It's possible if the original owner was kept on just one contract, it would work, but there are definitely risks.

-Scott

I have loosely understood that some people have formed LLCs and put the deeds in the name of the LLC itself which never changes. Ownership of the LLC can then be transferred to someone else behind the scenes. I have not done sufficient due diligence on this option to know one way or another though.

Last edited:

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation

-Scott
Scott

There are other posts on here from past tuggers who did this. In fact if memory serves me right Ron mentioned this in the past.