• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"New" Westin Flex - Includes WPORV, WKORV, WKORVN

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's my understanding that OF units at WKORV and WKORVN are not part of the Westin Flex program - is that correct? We went to an abbreviated Owner Update last year, and were told we should enroll one of our WKORV oceanview units in Flex to get all the benefits(???). I was surprised oceanfront units could not be enrolled, because they'd be popular with Flex owners. It didn't make any sense to us at the time, but I really should have paid more attention.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
It's my understanding that OF units at WKORV and WKORVN are not part of the Westin Flex program - is that correct? We went to an abbreviated Owner Update last year, and were told we should enroll one of our WKORV oceanview units in Flex to get all the benefits(???). I was surprised oceanfront units could not be enrolled, because they'd be popular with Flex owners. It didn't make any sense to us at the time, but I really should have paid more attention.

That is correct. WKORV and WKORVN OF units are not in the Westin Flex program. Islandview units are what is listed for the Westin Flex program for those two resorts.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score

My guess is it's only a matter of time before ALL units, including OF, are included in FLEX.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I wouldn’t be surprised to at some point see all Westin timeshares in Flex, then way down the road one gigantic combined flex program of all resorts in the system - Sheratons, Mexico etc. The sales machine has to be fed somehow and they always have to sell “something unique and new.” New resorts aren’t coming online in the US so new inventory just doesn’t exist so the flipping has to continue

In the end, I own where I want to go. We use our weeks during the home resort reservation period. There is too much going on and too much risk to be buying traders right now.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I never said that anyone reserved more than they owned as a total number of weeks per year. What i said was that more of the more sought after weeks of any particular season may end up being booked by those that can book earlier even if the total number of weeks per season per program may be ok.

hmmm... I never said you said that.
I was referring to VSE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
In the end, I own where I want to go. We use our weeks during the home resort reservation period. There is too much going on and too much risk to be buying traders right now.

+1 Given all the unknowns with Marriott and their history of squeezing as much as possible profit-wise from owners, I agree that buying traders right now is risky until we know their plans. They can never take away your deeded home resort rights and if they abuse the system there will be lawsuits.

Of course cost of an SVV Bella or Key West is minimal so the risk is small. However if you would not be happy staying there if that is your only option then you may get stranded.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
The way Vistana is still pushing these Flex programs makes me wonder if MVC will keep the 2 systems. Perhaps there will be an umbrella program over both systems that allow people to exchange to/from both systems.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The way Vistana is still pushing these Flex programs makes me wonder if MVC will keep the 2 systems. Perhaps there will be an umbrella program over both systems that allow people to exchange to/from both systems.

Perhaps, but that particular move would require Vistana to create and manage a third inventory pool -- one for WestinFlex, one for SheratonFlex, and one for those who enrolled in the umbrella program covering them both. Because those who don't enroll (i.e. those who choose not to pay an enrollment fee) are still legally entitled to a proportionate amount of the WestinFlex or SheratonFlex units (i.e. the units that were not enrolled). And remember that WestinFlex and SheratonFlex are already umbrella programs including both points owners and weeks owners who transferred their units at resorts with underlying weeks.

Giving the multiplicity of Vistana programs -- WestinFlex, SheratonFlex, HomeOptions, mandatory units, voluntary units purchased developer, voluntary units purchased on the secondary market, Adventuras, and the Florida Club -- a Marriott-wide umbrella program will be devilishly complicated. I suppose if they actually create one, the arbitrage possibilities resulting from any new program will be fascinating (and will be analyzed to death here).

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi controller1 - Yes, that's interesting, but the date on this offer is 1/16/19, so not sure what's up with that.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
As I noted above, Westin Flex is not new. It was in existence prior to the merger with Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Until or unless they have something new to sell, Westin has to keep selling their existing products to maintain the revenue stream from that side of the business and preserve the earning potential of the combined company.

Correct, the Trust was created way back in December 2017 with some conveyances coming shortly thereafter.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/new-westin-flex.266793/page-5#post-2088482

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If one is adventurous enough to look and see what inventory is in the trust, go to the Orange County Comptroller's website and enter "flex collection llc" in to the "Either Party" section and uncheck the box so you can select certain document types and pick only Notice and Agreement. You will then be presented with search results that are the separate conveyances of weeks to the trust. There are over 90 of them, not sure if Nanea is in there. Also not sure where they created the Nanea trust program.

steve b

TUG Member
Reaction score
what is the trade in value of sheraton flex to a developer westin flex purchase and what is the current pricing? Also is the developer accepting the westin mission hills as trade in towards a westin flex purchase?

triangulum33

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2005 WKORN
This is a long thread with some twist and turns.
Can someone tell me if anything has changed for me to use our ownership at WKORN 12mo or <8mo out?

Robotpedlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a long thread with some twist and turns.
Can someone tell me if anything has changed for me to use our ownership at WKORN 12mo or <8mo out?

Nothing changed for you (or anyone else that sticks with their current ownership).... just new options for others that move to Flex.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
what is the trade in value of sheraton flex to a developer westin flex purchase and what is the current pricing? Also is the developer accepting the westin mission hills as trade in towards a westin flex purchase?

1) Too complex to easily answer
2) Likely

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I learned a few new things about Westin Flex from a reliable source:

-They aren't selling Westin Flex in Hawaii yet, because they aren't registered to sell it in Hawaii.

-Vistana/Marriott has no plans to merge the various Flex programs.

-Nanea and Westin Flex are separate programs - they could not combine them because of the way Nanea was originally deeded.

-They hope to add part of WSJ to Westin Flex in the future.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
-Nanea and Westin Flex are separate programs - they could not combine them because of the way Nanea was originally deeded.

How does this fit with someone’s claim they used Nanea HR options to book WKORVN Flex at 12 months?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How does this fit with someone’s claim they used Nanea HR options to book WKORVN Flex at 12 months?

I'm not sure - I have to look into that further.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Perhaps it is the common theme of not knowing what one owns?

No - I think it's my mistake :doh: - I was unaware that Westin Flex existed at the time, and I made an incorrect assumption. I now believe that the owner owns Westin Flex, and I need to verify that with them.

Last edited:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I now believe that the owner owns Westin Flex, and I need to verify that with them.

In reviewing everything, that makes sense.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I learned a few new things about Westin Flex from a reliable source:

-They aren't selling Westin Flex in Hawaii yet, because they aren't registered to sell it in Hawaii.

-Vistana/Marriott has no plans to merge the various Flex programs.

-They hope to add part of WSJ to Westin Flex in the future.

Denise-

What phase of WSJ could be added - Sunset Bay??? They are currently Home options like Nanea. I assume that it would be separate inventory being Flex. As an owner of that resort, I would be upset to compete for 12 months usage.

On a related note, adding WSJ will certainly drive up MFs further in Westin Flex given the already high MFs at WSJ.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Denise-

What phase of WSJ could be added - Sunset Bay??? They are currently Home options like Nanea. I assume that it would be separate inventory being Flex. As an owner of that resort, I would be upset to compete for 12 months usage.

On a related note, adding WSJ will certainly drive up MFs further in Westin Flex given the already high MFs at WSJ.

As has been stated repeatedly, you will not be competing. Each inventory will be in a separate bucket. You will only be competing with the owners with who you are currently competing.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My source did not know what phase. You wouldn't really compete for 12 mo. usage, because there would be 2 buckets of inventory: Flex Option and Deeded weeks. The Flex Option owners could only reserve Flex Option inventory - they can't access the deeded weeks. My source also verified this.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I think WSJ-CV also sold HR ‘options/points’ based on season and villa type - similar to SB - but forgot what differentiated them. I am sure someone here knows.

Why couldn’t any inventory for WSJ be converted to Flex as long as it is in a separate Flex pool (or any resort really). Why not? They own it - as long as the MF payment are equivalent, why would the HOA care? They are controlling inventory owned by them, or surrendered to them (for whatever reason) — as long as it is a separate pool from non-Flex weeks.

Perhaps Flex could actually help some HOAs - especially ones with low season weeks.